Bluenose by Don Jane - Billing Boats - Scale 1:65

Practice does make for better sails! :) If you do try again. Use the same line you plan to use for sheets and lay it in the groove created by folding the hem over. at the corners give it a 1/2 twist. then you will have a small loop in each corner that can be used to attach blocks etc. The ends of this line can be buried in one of the hems and no one will know.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

• 1 year later...

Hi Don,

I wonder what has become of your Bluenose, since I am building the same ship (also Billing Boats).

Did you get the chance to work on her since January 14?

I would be interested to see what she looks like!

Fair winds and following seas,

Jan-Willem

current build: Billing Boats Bluenose "the anonymous schooner" (enhanced-bashed-scratched-whatever) in a scale between 1:55 and 1:69

• 2 months later...

I will be getting back to finishing the Bluenose - I now have my Gorch Fock completed so I will now have time for the Bluenose !!

Got some of the standing rigging done yesterday, so it is coming along nicely - Sorry no pics but I will post some next week !

Looking good. I did not complete the shrouds until all were in so I could adjust them together. They were a bit intimidating to me but worth it. I learned a lot since mine was a first build. Let the fun begin!

Dave B

Current build: HMS Pegasus, English Pinnace (on hold)

Completed build: MS BluenoseSkippercraft

• 2 months later...

I quess I should post some pics of the finished project - I received my glass case yesterday so now I have to build the base and get it on display