Don Jane

Gorch Foch by Don Jane - FINISHED - OcCre - Scale 1:95

45 posts in this topic

Hi Peter

It makes perfect sense  - long time no see - we must try and get together again

Good work Don,

23 sails are waiting for you  (if you do them all) 

Its going to be an interesting Job and one can learn a lot by puting on the manifold operational lines to the sails and to their belaying terminals. Wish you all the luck and fun by doing so. Look foreward to your next pics.....

Nils

Here we are - about 1 year of building - I now have all the sails on and mostly rigged - Sorry no pics - I will post some soon !!

I put the finishing touches on today - finished the last bit of rigging - rigged the hoisting equipment for the life boats, and took a bunch of pictures !!

Mirabell61 likes this

This has been a very satisfying build for more - overall, I found the Occre kit very good - I was only short one little piece of photo etch stantions, but I emailed Occre and they sent the part riteaway. There are a couple of things that I would do a little different but I like the finished product. There is lots of nice detail on this ship and a very large number of rigging lines ( lots of work ). I have ordered my display case so will have it on display very soon - the condo association were I live has asked me if I will display my model in the condo lobby, so a lot of people will see it !!!

Hello Don,excellent work.   When you have it on display i will pop down and see it in person. Thanks for sharing, Kip.

Congratulations Don,

a very nice model of the "Gorch Fock 2"

next to the the model itsself, the full set of sails is looking very good, will make an excellent Display object in it`s case

Will you be going for another tallship ? What is your planing ?

Nils

Ammendment :

Don, I`m very sorry to hear (your other post today) of your passed away freind and you taking over of his already started "Bluenose" project

Wish you all the best with it and a good success in honour to your freind. That answers my forestanding questions by itsself

Nils

Hi Don, and congratulations on a beautiful ship! I just ran across your log tonight and am glad I did.

I would love to see it in person too, and help you christen it. I come home in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks for all the compllments on my build - I had a lot of fun and many many hours on this build - I got my glass for my display case yesterday, so next week I will build the base and have it on display !!!!

Mirabell61 likes this

You mite not believe this but I am now working on the Occre Jupiter locomotive - It has been a fun project and I am nearly finished - im in a bit of a hurry to finish it as, I have the Occre Mississippi River boat on my shelf

Mirabell61 likes this