Yambo

The "What have you done today?" thread.

3,667 posts in this topic

Interesting or tedium, tell us about it here!

I took a walk around the village following 2 days of very severe weather, torrential rain for most of yeaterday and about 20 minutes of seriously big hailstones:  

post-683-0-62032400-1385222116_thumb.jpg  

and a bit of localised damage they did to my garden box:

post-683-0-15653900-1385222158_thumb.jpg

A few houses and businesses suffered flooding but today it seems that there was no really serious damage. Apparently, we made the national news so maybe Ferit and Ilhan up in Istanbul saw it but I don't watch TV very much at all so didn't.

Oh yeah, I did a bit of planking as well.   :)  

Jaxboat, Canute, riverboat and 7 others like this

I ripped out the old carpet from the living room floor. In order to remove the carpet I had to unplug the DVR and the 50'th anniversary special of Doctor Who did'nt record :(.

Lextin.

Got up at about 1:30am, went and got a coffee and muffin, then took my nice long ride like I do everyday. Now I am on MSW while I am waiting for the wife to come on-line. Then go get another coffee and this time a donut and then play 20 games of Keno like I do every Sunday and then take my nap. Its Sunday, but hell I do almost the same thing every day except the Keno part, that is only on Sundays.

Piet and CaptainSteve like this

I sleep all day but wake up around 4:30pm and go to bed around 9:00am. 

I am on my wife's night schedule.  She works 12 hour shifts at a well known hospital in Chicago.  After 5:00pm when all the managers leave, she an one other person run the whole hospital.

Great time to build boats, read, play games, etc. I do miss daylight, but it is only temporary.

Marc

Early this morning dropped the Admiral and the cabin boy off at the airport...then just kicked my heels feeling a bit lost :( .  

Got the week off work so hope to spend it catching up on movies, TV series's and working on the ship but can't document anything as they took the camera with them.

Oh and better fit in replacing the bathroom sink before she gets back.

Slog

Piet, Trussben, thibaultron and 2 others like this

Well now I am back from playing Keno, got lucky won$18.00. Now to catch up on MSW and then have lunch and a smoke and then take my nap. Then try and finished getting the CNC Machine set back up and start getting more CAD work done. Oh what a life, but remember I wake up in pain and go to bed in pain. But only in America. LOL

thibaultron, Piet and CaptainSteve like this

Have collected all my mothers photographs. There are about 5 large shoeboxes full. Have scanned about 600 already and I am arranging them is photo albums for her. She doesn't know I have them, thought it would make a nice gift for her for the holidays.

Back to scanning...

I went sailing. We got 15 people out for Public Sail this afternoon in our boat, and managed to dock under sail twice. A good docking under sail and no screw ups always makes my day :D

Yambo, mtaylor, DSiemens and 1 other like this

I went sailing. We got 15 people out for Public Sail this afternoon in our boat, and managed to dock under sail twice. A good docking under sail and no screw ups always makes my day :D

That does sound like a good day.  I hope in the next few years to get a very small sail boat for lake sailing.  I toy with the idea of building it but we'll see.  I imagine it would be a lot of fun to get out on the water for a morning or afternoon sail.   

capnharv2 and avsjerome2003 like this

Daniel,

In Howard Chapelle's "Boatbuilding", he said it takes a year of spare time (2 hrs per night during the week, 8 hrs on Saturday and Sunday)

to produce a boat 8 feet long :o

Having said that, there are a lot of nice kit boats out there that may not require lofting, or even have pre-cut pieces (planks, frames, etc).

I've occasionally thought about building a small boat in the garage, but I don't think I could stick with it to completion. I certainly don't think I'll be building that 42' Murray Petersen Coasting schooner that I love.

Thanks,

Harvey

PM me some of that kit info if you have it.  Might be good to look over for the next couple years before I'm ready.  

A 48 footer would be incredible.  Much to much ship for me at this point though.  I've only sailed a few times so a beginners boat would be much better.  

Almost the same thing as yesterday, but I woke up at 2am instead of 1am. Got more work done in the shop for the CNC Machine setup. So will have to see what the rest of the day brings. SLOL

Almost the same thing as yesterday, but I woke up at 2am instead of 1am. Got more work done in the shop for the CNC Machine setup. So will have to see what the rest of the day brings. SLOL

Good god man - you had a lie in

a Tuesday for me

0530 alarm went off

0640 left for work - arrived 0715

worked in cold warehouse all day 

1600 left for home - back 1640

1830 fat club - Slimming World - i lost 2 lbs this week - now 51/2 stone (35 kg)

2200 ready for bed

happy birthday to my sister

Sold my previous car, changed a couple a weeks ago.

Got a phone call from the new owner - I'm getting fuel, help, where's the filler release?

Nick

Kevin and Yambo like this

Did a bunch of work relaxed for a bit and now it's time to make some Key Lime Pies!!!   :D

Well so far today or this morning depending where your at. I finally got the electric box with the Break out Boad all set up finally, even made sure I have a on/off switch. Now I even put a computer fan ontop with the cut out so that the fan blows cool air in. I made sure I put holes all a round the box so the the hot air can escape out, now I an extending the fan wires so that I can run it from the computer motherboard since the power supply for the BOB (Break Out Board) iwould burn it out. Should be done sometime today, the wife will be coming on line soon. 51 more days and I will be makeing Love with the Wife in China again, dam can't wait till she gets her.

I woke at 0530, attended a departmental meeting at 0630-0730, patient blood management meeting 0730-0830, theatre at 0830 to prepare for a segmental mandibulectomy, radical neck dissection, scapula rotational flap, fibular free flap mandible reconstruction and tracheostomy in a 79yo with base of tongue SCC, which just finished at 2130. I've now got home, about to eat my first meal of the day, and shower before going to bed and get some sleep before the midwives call me for a labour epidural overnight, before starting tomorrow as the duty anaesthetist and 24hr Oncall.

No time for ship building today

Sjors, Kevin, avsjerome2003 and 1 other like this

Read the news,  reading MSW, listened to and sang along to Arlo's "Alice's Resturant" in honor of the day here in the states.   Intend to keep working on the model, eat a "Thanksgiving dinner that can't be beat" and maybe just wander around the backyard and think about finishing the winter cleanup.

Sherry,

If I'm driving at this road to my work, I know I never arrived over there.

Every few minutes I'll be stopping and looking around me and thinking....what a wonderful world !!!!!!!

What I did today.....

let me see.......

Finished the Le Mirage !!!!!!!!

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Sherry,

I loved driving in that kind of scenery.  I used to travel 75 miles one way to work across a pass here in Oregon and every day in the winter, it was Christmas Card experience.

Sjors,

I'm with you on it's a wonderful world. 

You finished Le Mirage?  Great news... I'm headed to your build log.

newbuilder101 and WackoWolf like this