Yambo

The "What have you done today?" thread.

11 hours ago, JustBlowingInTheWind said:

You are looking for a job as well? What is your field?

I retired several years ago as an  Executive officer in my field add an internatonal LLP. Now I want a job as a peon. Something I could do with my  Eyes closed. Simple PC repair, hooking up printer or scanner, as long as I'm interacting with the client face-to-face instead of over a phone, or in a meeting, or webinar.

Exact I hate text the most. OK I take that back. Voice recognition sucks.

Looking to improve my status. Currentky only getting very part time hours.  Need more than that to get by.

Current emoloyer is USPS, but opportunities within 50 miles are sparse.  Previous career was in Emergency Management.

12 hours ago, lmagna said:

I can't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time anymore

Well Lou where in the same bed (figuratively speaking don't want anybody to get the wrong idea)

Prostrate shot approx. 3 trips a night to the head. A good night 5 hrs. sleep average 3 to 4. Have to sleep sitting up because of back. All ok I wake up everyday on this side of the dirt;)

58 minutes ago, John Allen said:

All ok I wake up everyday on this side of the dirt;)

Yeah John that pretty much sums it up. I don't have the prostrate problem, at least I don't KNOW that I do. That will probably be the next thing the doctors tell me when I go in next time. Seems like every time I see one of them it is like they work for Amazon, "There's an app for that," except they like to use the word 'pill' The list seems to be getting longer every year. I need to get me a new T-shirt:body-temple.thumb.jpg.958c53a0d28a1962a7ba3524cff8f325.jpg

That came out bigger than I intended............ oh well you get the point.

2 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

GOLDEN YEARS  !??!?!

As when the leaves turn golden just before they fall from the tree DEAD!:huh:

I personally think of it as the body's way of limiting you in your foolishness of trying to apply all the knowledge you have accumulated over the many years of your life and killing yourself instantly. This is the age where you talk someone else into doing it because they bounce better. Besides it is fun to watch them and then laugh.... Dumb Butt!!!! Old has it's advantages. :D

Ken,

You wanted to see the Fokker Dr 1, I'm trying to get that illusive colour most of them had at that time and space. I tried it on the wings for now. Need to finish the body before I can paint it, and mebby I'll be able to get that part painted well if I try hard enough on the wings ;)

5b131880d454f_IMG_3511copy.thumb.jpg.7f59d558acac631cd0fe808f689dc398.jpg

Not yet satisfied though

10 minutes ago, cog said:

I'm trying to get that illusive colour

Looks like you reached your goal on the wings Carl.

It still looks good even when I bring it in colse so that my poor tired eyes can see it. 

Congratulations 

So I bought a $150 worth of 3D printer parts and through the past week, examined all the parts, made some adjustments here and there and then fitted everything together as best I could with everything that came in the box. I spent some time each of the three days following assembly familiarizing myself with the controls, researching related subject matter, and fine tuning. All the while, I began looking to see what parts I could find that would be an upgrade over what I bought for $150. Meanwhile, made several attempts to print my first test object, with several failures. It all gets down understanding what exactly is critical and then making the tuning adjustments. Finally today, was able to make my first humble test object, a 40mm cube with a cylinder rising up from the middle. For my 1st test piece, I was satisfied to have a small measure of success.

I have a number of improved parts/pieces ordered and inbound. I believe they will improve the overall performance and ease of operation. I am humbled by how much there is to learn about this subject, but the good news is, there is lots of information out there. With improved parts, will have less than $200 invested.DSCN1502.thumb.jpg.7f380793a0950ed01ea78ea1539d70cb.jpgDSCN1503.thumb.jpg.b9239e63ce40a6936a62a4064523b113.jpgDSCN1504.thumb.jpg.f9d95c436fd718479bd100d090bf26e0.jpg

DSCN1497.jpg

DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

DSCN1500.jpg

DSCN1501.jpg

Lou,

I didn't agree with you on the colour ... it's getting better ...

Base colour is Humbrol glossy Ivory (41)

1 Tamiya XF-52

2 Tamiya XF-27

3 Vallejo 71.302

last another Tamiya XF-27

5b13cc2059434_IMG_3513copy.thumb.jpg.65e398ae11f4d227e9569fc2f63e199d.jpg5b13cc30419f0_IMG_3512copy.thumb.jpg.f427c419fd0689b17fa791bdb31f5cc0.jpg

7 hours ago, cog said:

I didn't agree with you on the colour ... it's getting better

I am sure you have some reference that I don't have to check against. I was just operating from vague memories of camouflage that I had seen at some point. 

I sat in the sun with a drink on the Royal Western club balcony and watched the start of the Round Britain 2 handed Race.

Regretted I am not yet fit enough again to take part but  felt much better sitting in the company of other "old Crocks"and criticised the competitors handling !

Mind I did keep my mouth more shut when I found that the small crocked group had done 4 round the world races, two single handed cirumnavigations and about 5 single handed Transatlantic between them !

Have a look at the race progress http://rwyc.brandlabdesign.co.uk/rbandi/

Edited by SpyGlass

1 hour ago, cog said:

mostly historical incorrect

At my age virtually everything I recall is historical and if you consult with my wife she will insist that it is incorrect.:(

21 minutes ago, cog said:

Did I write that ...?

I think so, but it's hard to remember that far back.

But it's still better than 'hysterically incorrect' I think I've been that also at times.

Edited by lmagna

41 minutes ago, Jim Rogers said:

should make it pop.

Jim, I think you are underestimating your achievement, it already pops!

When I first scrolled down to the picture I thought I was looking at a photograph of a real boat on a real shore!

Congratulations on a phenomenal achievement.   

3 hours ago, Jim Rogers said:

Finished my First Diorama. The Spitfire ( MSW Philadelphia) pulled up on Lake Champlain beach.

Comments in one word
great !!!
And then my mouth fell open. And I looked at the photos again, and again, and again

"gobsmackingingly"

I learned to build boats on this forum. And, for me, unknown Australian American English words ;)

surprised - taken unawares or suddenly and feeling wonder or astonishment; "surprised by her student'singenuity"; "surprised that he remembered my name"; "a surprised expression"

27 minutes ago, Backer said:

"gobsmackingingly"

I learned to build boats on this forum. And, for me, unknown Australian American English words ;)

surprised - taken unawares or suddenly and feeling wonder or astonishment; "surprised by her student'singenuity"; "surprised that he remembered my name"; "a surprised expression"

Sorry...I should have translated, or used less jargon...!

No no.

it is nice to learn new words.
I once thought that there was only one English language.
nowadays I learned that English can be very different depending on which place in the world people use it.

Thank you all for all your kind comments. Coming from the great model builders on this forum it truly means a lot to me. I generally don’t do build logs because I don’t think my work measures up. I am in the final stages of the Korabel Cannon Jolle and I will post a log on that build. Again thanks.

2864CA73-EC92-4D90-BBCA-CB653AA6F650.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jim Rogers said:

Coming from the great model builders on this forum

I do not qualify myself in this category, but it does not stop me from recognizing and admiring those builds that do qualify, and your's certainly do!

It would be a true pleasure to see more of your work, in fact I can not imagine ever getting tired of seeing work like yours.

If you don't post more pictures Al and I will just have to knock on your door and demand a personal tour! :D (We live close enough to do it! Especially Al.)