Yambo

The "What have you done today?" thread.

7 hours ago, JustBlowingInTheWind said:

Guy that just left uses xp to program my remote. Last year he replaced the hard drive just in case.

Not unlike the iphones, we have to switch interent/tv providers every 2 years or the bill goes up 30 a year after contract.

Which is why we just had to have the remote programed. $130 every  2 years.

If it wasn't for the Admiral, I would subscribe to an internet service provider only. No phone (except cell), no cable TV. It is such a hassle and rip-off having to change providers every year or two or pay an extortion fee. Anything I like to see on TV can be seen from a streaming service via the net. But the Admiral likes all those shows that only can be watched with cable TV. Screwed and tattoo'd. 

On 11/15/2017 at 7:58 PM, JustBlowingInTheWind said:

Today I learned California is now putting guacamole on hot dogs. How long can this craze last?

For anyone who knows Chicago and hot dogs, everything is okay but ketchup! 

The life edge kitchen island is moving along, although slowly.  I tried out the router sled I made and it worked well.

Island_032.jpg

After the router work was done I went to a belt sander and took down the mill marks.  From there it was a RO sander and finally the card scraper.  I spent an entire day taking the card scraper to the slabs!  My hands were TIRED!!!

I applied some boiled linseed oil which I am letting gas out before sealing and final finish.  But I had to clear the workspace so I put the slabs in place until the BLO is cured.

Island_037.jpg
Before I can make the doors and drawer fronts I have to finish the miter cabinet.  I can't make accurate repetitive cuts with the present setup, thus the miter cabinet project was born.

MiterCabinet_01.jpg

CDW, tasmanian, mtaylor and 4 others like this

Oh wow. My wife and I got up at 5:00 AM, went shopping for a sale on 6 new dining room chairs. Brought them home, and I put them together, then cooked for several hours to help my wife. So much food, it was ridiculous (as always). Five of our children and their families ( 7 grandchildren total today) ate at our house, and now they are eating again. Hope the food gets gone as there is no room in our refrigerator for all these left overs. My wife is an outstanding cook. She prepares so many old recipes that have been passed down for several generations. Goooood! A wealthy doctor, a family friend, tries to pay my wife to prepare these dishes for their family, but it is honestly just too much work.

Oh yes, green bean casserole, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, peas and snaps, a secret recipe corn bread dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, home made pies, turkey, ham, dinner rolls. I'm probably leaving something out.