Yambo

The "What have you done today?" thread.

This is not what I did today, but what I tried to do.  Boy Scout training said "do a good deed every day" It's been a long time,  but today I followed an elderly lady out of the grocery store. She was pushing a cart with a medium sized cardboard box in it and a cane hanging over the push handle. I came along side of her and said "Could I help you put that box in your car?  She looked up at me with a puzzled look and said,  "It's empty".  Oh well, I tried!!

Pythagoras (Tom)

2 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

You mean you haven't taught him that yet !!!!!! 

Too young for his learners permit!

1 hour ago, cog said:

no knowledge of any basic comands either

You got it. never could follow orders!

19 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

Hmm! "Toad in the hole" , "Frog in the gap"  !  Sounds like our "Pigs in a blanket" :P:D;)

Over here, I think "Toad in the hole" is slice of bread with a hole cut in the middle.  It's tossed into a skillet and and toasted, then turned over and an egg is removed from the shell and put in the hole and cooked.

today not much different to any other, alarm goes off 0530 took Dobs out for an hour walkies, off to work for 0900 to 1730, less than 2 miles away form home, even bought my self a push bike. home supper, tonight it was chicken curry, take dobs out again ,but not interested, as it still to warm, we are in the mist of a decent weather spell, up to 30 degs, which is more than enough for us brits

far to warm in my man cave, so i am progressing my SD-14 cargo ship indoors, await the football game tomorrow night

Dobbie, nearly 3 years old, and my bestest friend

20180418_184127.thumb.jpg.d098d73bf165f21ff9eb21ec374df4d4.jpg

Dobbie looks very attentive to what you are doing, but at the same time he has that sad "You aren't going to put me in that kennel back there are you?" look on his face.

24 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Dobbie looks very attentive to what you are doing, but at the same time he has that sad "You aren't going to put me in that kennel back there are you?" look on his face.

lou he would not know what a kennel was if it bit him on the back side, definitely a house dog a house dog, he has the run of it, including our bed, 

see he looks happy in this pic, the chinchilla in the same cage was one we were baby sitting

IMG_2747.JPG

My Mistake, I thought the wire thing in the corner of the yard was a kennel. He looks very much at home with the Chinchilla, (Looks more like a rat to me as well) But I suspect the other dog is possibly a little drunk. Kind of listing to the right a little.

I doubt Dobbie is any more spoiled than the rest of our dogs on this forum, (Or my cat for that matter) it seems we all have them underfoot, in our beds, and generally not much further away than arms reach. 

Began printing out the wing sections for a F4U Corsair model aircraft. The finished model will be 1:6.6 scale, 75" wingspan. Except for hardware, all bits and pieces of this RC flying model will be printed on my 3D printer. This particular section is labeled L 1A in the schematic and required about 16 hours to print.

The print settings produce a model with internal structural bracing and outer wall thickness of just .4mm to allow for a very light weight. 

Much testing and fiddling with print parameters was required to achieve this finished product. Lots and lots of parts to print to make this a full model.

img209 (2).jpg

20180711_103112.jpg

20180711_103158.jpg

20180711_103213.jpg

18 hours ago, lmagna said:

My Mistake, I thought the wire thing in the corner of the yard was a kennel. He looks very much at home with the Chinchilla, (Looks more like a rat to me as well) But I suspect the other dog is possibly a little drunk. Kind of listing to the right a little.

I doubt Dobbie is any more spoiled than the rest of our dogs on this forum, (Or my cat for that matter) it seems we all have them underfoot, in our beds, and generally not much further away than arms reach. 

Then our bitch is a poor bastard, she has to sleep either in her bench, or in the hall downstairs. An intruder will see her first, ... and probably feel her teeth first as well

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

I recently started using a tablet in the mancave, and this is the only selfie i have ever taken, and yes i am sat on the floor with nobs on my seat/bench

20180514_102106.jpg

Pitty, could have been a great photograph ... if you only took the handsome fella on the left!

3 hours ago, Backer said:

These are "vogelnestjes" (birds nests) in belgium.  

A boiled egg in meatloaf

Scotch eggs Patrick, for the natives amongst us

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

only selfie i have ever taken

Now we know who has the good looks in the family Kevin.:rolleyes::D

33 minutes ago, CDW said:

Lots and lots of parts to print to make this a full model.

That is going to be impressive to say the least CDW. Are you printing it in clear in order to build a ghost model or for some other reason? What will you use to join the sections? 

27 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Now we know who has the good looks in the family Kevin.:rolleyes::D

That is going to be impressive to say the least CDW. Are you printing it in clear in order to build a ghost model or for some other reason? What will you use to join the sections? 

I printed in clear because I wanted to test my settings and be able to see if anything is amiss, and because my correct color filament hasn't arrived from Amazon yet. CA glue is used to join the sections. 

This model has been very well designed. The shape files were engineered and are sold by a company called 3D Labs. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to design this thing and draw it up in a CAD program.

45 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Are you going to RC and fly it, or just display?

44 minutes ago, Roger Pellett said:

What’s going to power this brute?

Roger

It's my intention to fly it. The model will be powered by a large brushless motor and an 8S lithium polymer battery pack.specs.thumb.jpg.8a4f959fc688eb6f58a0abe0dc7f85af.jpg

20180711_123404.jpg

20180711_123416.jpg

20180711_123431.jpg

Got back a little late yesterday to type this up, so I'm sorry it's a "what did you do yesterday."  I've been needing wood for a while now so I decided to drive up to Port Townsend, which is about an hour from here, and check out Edensaw Wood.  I packed up my two younger boys and we head up there for a half day sojourn.  Well, I'm ashamed to admit that when I got to Edensaw I basically just blew my load, and by load I mean my budgeted money for wood.  There was just sooooooooo much I wanted to get there, but in the end I kept it under $250.  I intend to do a post in the wood subforum later if you are curious about what I got.  

After that we headed into Port Townsend proper and had lunch at a little cafe near the ferry terminal.  Craig and I had the prime rib dip, while Colin had the chicken strips.  We watched the ferry load up, leave, then another ferry arrive and unload.  We also saw what must have been a sailboat training class because this rather nice 40-50 footer kept doing loop the loops around the harbor.

Next we went up to Fort Worden and walked around the light house and toured the museum.  Craig wanted to see the batteries but when we got there they had yellow taped everything off with some notice about closed for filming.  I was a little mad about that.  Then Colin wanted to see the aquarium but it is closed on Tuesdays.  We ended up just playing in the sand at the beach for a while before they got tired and were ready to go home.  That water is way to cold to be called beach water.  I'm used to southern California beaches which are around 70º and the beaches in Mexico which were around 80º.  

By the way, if you guys haven't checked out http://www.edensaw.com, I highly recommend the place.  It's expensive but they have some of the finest exotic lumber selections you'll ever see. The stuff I got yesterday is just beautiful.  Long straight clear grains, nice figuring where I want figuring, just amazing stuff. Can't recommend it enough.

24 minutes ago, Roger Pellett said:

CDW

That is amazing!  Back when I was interested in flying model airplanes everything was gas powered.

Roger

I still love fuel powered engines/model aircraft. Nostalgia I guess. Electric is much cleaner but the 'old' part of me says something is missing with electric only. Many flying fields, all you see is electric nowadays.

55 minutes ago, Roger Pellett said:

The thing that amazes me is that you can pack enough battery supplied energy to fly a model plane.  

Roger

Lithium Polymer batteries can hold an amazing amount of energy for their size/weight. But they are particularly dangerous if not handled properly and carefully monitored for damage and/or over use. Charging one improperly or over discharging a Lipo battery is a huge fire risk. 

I fired 40 9mm rounds through my Canik TP9SFX, 30 9mm rounds through my Glock 19, and 10 45cal rounds through my S&W M&P. All at 10 meters

Lol - yeah, that ear piercing should get extra credit for degree of difficulty.

My brother got shot in the big toe once during a gunfight. He said that thing hurt like crazy afterward due to all the nerves in his big toe. He never felt it when it happened and only knew something was wrong when he felt his foot rise up then liquid sloshing around inside his shoe. Afterward when the adrenaline wore off, he was a hurtin' gator.

17 hours ago, CDW said:

More target practice. 80 rounds on this target. 70 9mm rounds, 10 45cal rounds.

target practice.jpg

I guess you killed him then with that many bullet holes....:D:D:D:P Sorry,couldn't resist.

Dave :dancetl6:

12 minutes ago, davyboy said:

I guess you killed him then with that many bullet holes....:D:D:D:P Sorry,couldn't resist.

Dave :dancetl6:

The target was well ventilated. 

I'm such a cheapskate when it comes to buying targets. I guess you could say I much prefer buying ammunition than paper targets. My sons gave me 1,000 rounds of ammo for my birthday this year.