Yambo

The "What have you done today?" thread.

Well Joe,

I totally don't know anything about CAD drawings.

But if you want to know what the guys (or gals) are thinking, you should post these pictures in the 'CAD and 3D Modelling/Drafting Plans with Software' http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/forum/34-cad-and-3d-modellingdrafting-plans-with-software/

This is because members are usually quite quick at responding, but are more likely to notice them if they are in the relevant forum.

Anja

Hey Wacko Joe, you are a genius!  All that computer stuff is like magic - - - to me anyhow  ;)

I'm still using a drafting table with T square and triangles.

Cheers,

I love doing that in High School, miss it, wish I had stay with that but life goes on LOL. Thank you all for the re-marks and PM's about the CAD, just wanted to get a idea of what people though, didn't want to start a tread as of yet, still a lot to do with the shop and then leaving for a month but when I get back I will start the log.

Piet, avsjerome2003 and Kevin like this

Waited for inter web to get restored, drove the 130 miles to bring grandson home, now sitting in a hotel restaurant having dinner. Snow and ice forecast so stayed in town for the next day before I fly to Orlando Monday morning. At least I won't be the one who has to shovel!

mtaylor, Kevin and WackoWolf like this

Got the other Monitor install on the wall and hook to the computer for the CNC Machines, put the rubber feet on the BOB box and put the HD in the computer also hook up the mouse and keyboard. Now tomorrow I will turn it on to see what happens LOL. Now to sit back and watch some TV and smoke a joint, what a life, only in America.

CaptainSteve, trippwj and ulrich like this

• WackoWolf!    " Now tomorrow I will turn it on to see what happens LOL. Now to sit back and watch some TV and smoke a joint, what a life, only in America."

I also want a job))))))))))))))))

... I think I can afford it in 62,))))

am ... on the ship in the port of Busan in South Korea ((((

WackoWolf likes this

It's been legal for medical use in RI since 2006, I have the license since 2009 because I have problems with takeing the pills, they don't like me and I don't like them. Just had the license renew 2 months ago. I don't drink booze, don't like the taste and since I am already an A__HOLE I don't need to drink LOL.

mtaylor, Piet, CaptainSteve and 1 other like this

I finally got the courage and turn on the CNC computer. Well at first I had no video so I check the HDMI cable going into the computer and still nothing, so then I check the cable going into the monitor and low and behold I got video, Load off my mind. So now I turn on the driver box and the BOB and then open up March 3 and started pressing the keys and the motors all work. So I got lucky that everything is still working and I didn't screw anything up when I made the box with the fan for the BOB (dam thing cost to much and takes about 2 weeks to get it mail to me). So now I seem to only have a couple of things left to install in the shop and I will be done. Taken my time seem to be paying off so far. Now to wake the MAGGOT (my Son) up for school and then take him to scholl and get another coffee. Then I get to take a nap. been up since 1:45am. LOL only in America.

Still had a little time before I get the Kid up for school, so I hook up the 4 light setup for where I will be doing the work on the building board, I have the hangers that allowed me to raise or lower the light setup as needed. To much work done today. I will be taking a nap after my second coffee ride. Here is a pic of the light. I think I should have enough light.

post-163-0-37391200-1385982450_thumb.jpg

post-163-0-59241400-1385982450_thumb.jpg

post-163-0-90744100-1385982450_thumb.jpg

post-163-0-11599800-1385982451_thumb.jpg

mij, avsjerome2003, Kevin and 3 others like this

Reveille at 07-15. SSS then Orange Juice,Muesli and a litre of coffee. Off to the first of my 3 mornings per week Rehab at the Hospital gymnasium. I joined the "zipper club" :D :D :D :D (triple bypass surgery) in October so I must get myself fit again. 7 more weeks to go and I am feeling a deal better but not rockin´ and rollin´ yet B).

Certainly is a life changing experience which I don´t recommend unless necessary and I guess smoking for 56 years didn´t help either :(

Regards to all,

Dave :dancetl6:

Hey Wacko Joe, you are a genius!  All that computer stuff is like magic - - - to me anyhow  ;)

I'm still using a drafting table with T square and triangles.

Cheers,

That I still do if I have to and drawings are sometimes faster by hand.  But I also use TurboCAD 20 for complicated stuff.

Marc

avsjerome2003 likes this

Today Oi Hav mainly been shifting furniture.

Last week I decided I needed to reorganise it all.  But it didn't work.  Today I moved it all back to where it was.  Well, more or less.  I did let a few minor improvements stand though.

Wacko, whyn't send those drawings to Shapeways and have em make the whole ship for you. Or if ya want a nice kit you could cut the frames with a laser. Great work man. Your three hours of work produced all those drwings in different views. Wish Id learned that ten years ago.  Bill

WackoWolf likes this

I am going to cut the frames and everything else with the CNC MAchine, that was why I bought it. Wanted to do it with the machine, since the hands are shot to H_LL ( to many surgerys on them so far, 14 total). Some stuff will be done manualy but for the most part I will have the machine work for me. Now I am the BOSS and if I want to yell at the machine I can, always wanted to yell at the machine when it screws up not going to blame myself I am the BOSS remember LOL. Always like the learning, that's why I am going this way. As far as the different views, I can make the software move any way I want. One view I could show in a 100 different ways, that's what nice about 3D drawing, but there is a big learning curve.

Edited by WackoWolf
src and mtaylor like this

well today - i passed the 2000 posts within MSW, - lol and never noticed, otherwise so far it has been just an average day 

WackoWolf likes this

Well today I talk to the Wife in China for a few minutes and then decided to take a chance and hook the Sipindel Speed Read out back up into the Mach 3 Software. Dam this is starting to scare me, the dam thing work. Think I will leave things alone for a few days. But here are a few pictures of the Sensor and one of the Spindle off and the others at different speeds. I think I am going to have Nightmares, things are working right. Need a vacation LOL. 47 more days and I will be with the wife in China for Chinese New Year.

post-163-0-67414800-1386068122_thumb.jpg

post-163-0-86223800-1386068122_thumb.jpg

post-163-0-07354600-1386068123_thumb.jpg

post-163-0-24912200-1386068123_thumb.jpg

post-163-0-42343100-1386068123_thumb.jpg

Edited by WackoWolf

well today - i passed the 2000 posts within MSW, - lol and never noticed, otherwise so far it has been just an average day 

Well... if no one else has... post-76-0-30736300-1386095477.gif  Congratulations Commodore Kevin even though there's no perks to go with it. 

WackoWolf likes this

Well... if no one else has... attachicon.gifbth_salute_smiley.gif  Congratulations Commodore Kevin even though there's no perks to go with it. 

its a big difference to a few weeks ago, would have been post after post of congratulations, lol - i had to announce it myself

WackoWolf, Shazmira and mtaylor like this

Hello everyone,

Got up at 0700 hours, washed up, made coffee, talked to our Creator, had breakfast and read the newspaper.  Poured myself a cup of coffee and walked around the yard.  The Admiral was still "sleeping," she calls it dozing.  

Somehow I wound up in the garage aka the shipyard, hmmmm - - -  wonder how - - - and worked some on my sub model.  Made and had lunch, fired up the confuser, read the mail and the news.

Then got my extension ladder and climbed onto the roof of our house to clean the gutters from all the  &%$*@% pine needles from that vacant lot next to us.  Trimmed the Admiral's crape Myrtle and mozied back into the garage to do some more work on the sub model.

Before I knew it it was 1730 and my legs were tired so I went inside and poured myself a nice Belgian ale and back to the confuser to check what's new on some Apple apps I may "need."

Then logged on to MSW - - - oh yeah, had dinner (of sorts).  The Admiral ordered a pizza, she also worked hard in the yard, bless her little heart (that's a Southern expression  :)  :)

That's it folks, besides an update to by sub model.

Cheers,

Kevin, avsjerome2003 and mtaylor like this

Hello Anthony,

That was a very slow day for me ;)  Hmmmm, wait till I tell you what I really should be doing around the house and yard, rather then working on my models and drawing pictures.  You may then get a heart attack reading it. ;)   Older perhaps, I'm only pushing 80 but my doctor still shakes his head when he checks my vitals.  So maybe I'll have enough time to build all the models I planned and paint and draw all the pictures I have planned  :)  :)

You take care now and stay in good health.

Cheers,

Count hours minutes and seconds to time to go to dentist to rip out three teeth ...

Spent the day operating the motor scraper at the Roy Hill mine site, now in back at the camp on MSW. 2weeks to go until my week off!!

Same thing as every other M-F for the past, I lost count of how many weeks.

6am wake up

630 drive to work

715-345 work

345 drive home

430 load stove with wood to warm up house, prep for supper, make husband's lunch for next day, let dogs out, feed cats, throw in load of laundry, change into outdoor gear (longjohns, coveralls, insulated boots)

5pm husband arrives to pick me up and we leave to go work in the oilfields

930 arrive home from oilfields, finish cooking dinner, begin doing husband's paperwork, eat

11pm sit down and start grading papers

1am finally crash in bed!

avsjerome2003 likes this

Normal day?

0530 climb out of bed

0535-0630 coffee, read paper

0630 head to office

0631 arrive at office (of course, the commute can be a challenge if the kids are coming downstairs at the same time - I work from home)

0631-1500ish work

1500-1630 look for that perfect sunset photo I can take

1630-1700 Wrap the end of day emails

1700-?? Suppah, work around the house, read, work on boats is I get the chance

Tony, no energy drinks...those things are bad for you, don't do coffee either. Unfortunately, I drink soda all day long...bad for my teeth but the sugar and caffeine keep me going. However, after weeks and weeks of this with no end in sight.....almost looking forward to the day I finally just collapse in a heap from exhaustion....something’s  gotta give....soon!

ScottRC likes this

Today I went across town to a friends and did Santa for their shopping with a Cop for underprivileged kids.

now on computer reading MSW and then on to Ancestry to work on my ancestors

runner63

trippwj likes this

Today I bought wood dowels and a soldering iron to start making deadeyes and chain plates.  Also bought some cherry strip stock to make fiddle and rams head blocks and some of the other odd shape blocks not generally available from suppliers.