newbuilder101

Weather Report - post your significant weather - past or present

2,776 posts in this topic

HA ! About 9 o'clock I checked the road reports and they looked good . So, I made the 240 mile round trip anyway. There was evidence of snow at the 2700 foot level with a state plow truck laying on its side in the median ditch,but, 10 miles later the roads cleared and it was cruise control into Spokane. Nice tran show. Was a guy there who had five nice ship models on display. I was so surprised I forgot to take pictures. Got to do a little hobby shopping and then the trip home was on cruise control all the way home getting there about 7 P.M. Not a trace of snow on the streets in Lewiston. Crazy weather we are having.

mtaylor, Canute, Nirvana and 1 other like this

It was 8 F yesterday here. Today it is currently 41 F heading to 45 F today and 55 F tomorrow. I'm roasting. Didn't know I was living in Florida. :o

happy moments smiley

Same temperature here, Jack.  It is weird.  This will be the first year where early, mid & late daffodils will be blooming together.  It is going to look very interesting. I also planted my snow peas already and they are sprouting.  Asparagus are showing there tips.  Early food year.

Marcus

Nirvana, mtaylor, Canute and 2 others like this

WACKY WACKY Weather !

Right now it is 60 degrees Farhenheit at 4:00 PM EST at my place.  Had to run into town earlier this afternoon to pick up some hobby supplies, followed a NY State Dept of Transportation truck spreading a brine solution on all road surfaces for the entire 6 mile trip to town. Now normally this is only done to pre-treat roads before a major snow or ice storm. But it's  60 F out with bright blue sunny skies and no wind.  Last Sunday it was 8 F here.

Got home and checked the Rochester NY news - Rochester is 300 miles west of me - and found this news report - 81 MPH winds hit earlier this afternoon doing wide spread damage. Haven't heard any weather reports for my area but guess that storm is heading towards me or maybe out over northern NY into the Canadian Maritime Provinces.  

mtaylor and Canute like this

Well I'm happy for you folk who are warm!

It was definitely brass monkey weather here this morning..... a tad nippy at -30c outside and a bit better -6c in the shop. I lit the stove and in about 2 hours it will get to about +5 to +7 then by about noon it should be up to about +15c The weather forecast is for -17C for the balmy high today.

Even had to light the stove in the house this morning as it was only 12c in the kitchen, at least it is sunny this morning so that will bring up the temp in the house pretty fast.

Michael

38F and snowed again last night. This is gonna slow down the daffodils that are poking up in the lawn.

Canute and mtaylor like this

Very windy here overnight - still pretty gusty this morning -  49 F right now.

Wow, I don't know how Bill in Lewiston are doing but at hour 06.50 it is 48 degrees, some overcast at my location. 

Jack12477, mtaylor and Canute like this

Rained all day here yesterday,good day to work on the sternwheeler. This morning is heavy fogand about 40 F. Nothing to shovel thank you.  

Nirvana, mtaylor and Canute like this

After two consective 60 degree Fahrenheit days, we awoke to SNOW this morning and 33 F.  Not too bad, only about 1-2 inches fell before stopping about 11 AM. Grey skies but quite bright out. Roads are just wet; still warm from the last two days of abnormally high temperatures; only the grassy areas and trees are snow covered.

But then they keep talking on all the weather forecasts about a big ole Nor'easter forming off the New England coast on Tuesday next.

What a wonderful day! Can it be sunnier?

Temps at 63, with gusty strong wind from the south.

We're in the 60's F... and it's supposed to hit the 70's next week.   Given that this will mean working on the lawn and flowers, I have mixed feelings.:D

Canute, Haliburton and Jack12477 like this

It's a whopping 25 F right now - 8:00 PM EST - here in the valley.  Wind chills tomorrow (for all the St Patrick's Day parades) are expected to be well below 0 F - some areas might see 20 below zero F windchill. 

mtaylor, Haliburton, Canute and 1 other like this

A balmy -10c in southern Ontario with snow, and with the windchill, -18c. So much for the prediction of Wireton Willie (our local groundhog). 

Nirvana, Canute and mtaylor like this

A very sunny day with temperatures of 10 F (-12C) this morning. Wind gust making seem a lot colder. Predicted high for today is 25 F (-4C).  Winter storm warnings are posted for eastern NY and New England from Monday night thru Wednesday night for a coastal nor'easter on Tuesday. Snowfall amounts for the Hudson Valley predicted at 6 -12 inches (probably closer to 12) with higher amounts south of here (18 - 24 inches) and along the coast. 

Going to be an awful lot of frostbitten knees (kilts) at all the St Patrick's Day parades this afternoon :(

Nirvana, Canute and mtaylor like this

I feel for you folks in the east. But,its really nice in the upper 50s F here now. Its odd 'cause a week ago we had that 4 " of snow. 

mtaylor, Nirvana and Canute like this

Odd it is, Bill !  A week ago we were hitting 60 F, two weeks ago we were hitting 74F (a new record high for  February in these parts).  Winds are picking up now, a lot stronger and higher gusts in last hour.

Nirvana, reklein and mtaylor like this

Well the winter storm watch has been cancelled and replaced by a winter storm warning for Monday night (Midnight) thru Wednesday evening. Forecast has been updated too, they are now predicting 10-20 MPH winds with gusts to 30 MPH, snowfall rates of 1-3 inches per hour with total accumulation of 16-18 inches, possibly even 24 inches (2 feet).  They're also saying that because it has been so cold prior to the storm the snow will be the powdery kind not the heart-attack producing heavy wet stuff usually found in March storms. At least the snowblower will be able to handle without constantly clogging the discharge chute :D  Not supposed to start snowing till after midnight on Monday.

Let's see ! Got plenty of milk, eggs, butter, peanut butter, bread, hot chocolate. :D Oh yea !  And beer for later !  :cheers:

snowball-fight.gif.f15966608fb3d53d29ed3de654a430d8.gifsnow-day-smiley-emoticon.gif.c0dc320170080605d77b734a7e7fbd88.gif

Canute, mtaylor, Haliburton and 2 others like this

We're having a blizzard. At 0800 4-5 inches of snow already on ground, temperatures 23 F.  Cocktails on the weather deck at 1300 hours.

0900 Update: 7 inches actual measurement and counting.

58c7187cf1915_NewEnglandSpringTimeBBQ.png.e6e04f028e32a21d8f01417493b95644.png

WackoWolf, Nirvana, davyboy and 3 others like this

Still dark outside, it's raining but temperature is 48 degrees. Will probably be around 54 at the best today. 

Blizzard. Winds pushing 48mph, blowing snow/rain/sleet/ice/goo and broken limbs and trees all over the place today. One pine broke into two and landed on the garage. Sigh. Such is NH in March! 

~john

IMG_5455.JPG

WackoWolf, Canute, mtaylor and 1 other like this

It's been snowing here non stop for the last 30 hours.  Sometimes heavy and sometimes light but now it's been heavy for the last 8 hours.  We've shoveled the driveway 4 times today. But to be honest, I was at work and the Admiral was home so she did most of the work. We were released from work early today so we could get home.  When i got home I fired up the snowblower and between me and my buddy on the block we cleared 6 or 8 driveways.  Still coming down hard.  In prospective I think we have gotten 8" this morning, then another 8 into this evening and expecting probably another 4 or 6 overnight. As I look it the window right now I can barely make out the neighbours house across the road.  In the next couple of days we are expecting rain.

30 minutes ago, Worldway said:

It's been snowing here non stop for the last 30 hours.  Sometimes heavy and sometimes light but now it's been heavy for the last 8 hours.  We've shoveled the driveway 4 times today. But to be honest, I was at work and the Admiral was home so she did most of the work. We were released from work early today so we could get home.  When i got home I fired up the snowblower and between me and my buddy on the block we cleared 6 or 8 driveways.  Still coming down hard.  In prospective I think we have gotten 8" this morning, then another 8 into this evening and expecting probably another 4 or 6 overnight. As I look it the window right now I can barely make out the neighbours house across the road.  In the next couple of days we are expecting rain.

Derek,

For a while I wanted to click the like button. But I will wait until the snowing is over.

The day has been grey with a light breeze from SSE, temp hit an amazing 63°F.

The coat came off and I really enjoyed it.