Where to buy wood ship models on Internet?

warship

Hmm... ModelExpo and Bluejacket come to mind.  Those you'd have to order but they are US companies. 

Maybe one of the group from up there could point you to a local hobby shop with a selection?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Tony

if you click on the "Model Ship World Main Site & Article" Banner at the top of this page you will find a number of ads

many supply kits to every skill level - if they advertise here you can also expect they have been checked out a number of times

and not only will the prices be ok the service will be of a great standard

Cheers Kerry.

Hi Tony, and welcome!

I recently bought on Ebay from this seller http://stores.ebay.com.au/R-K-Hobby-Wood-Model-Ship-Tools

Excellent product and service, but postage is costly.

It depends on the model or supplies you want.

Cheers,

Brett

How about for Seattle, WA, USA? The local hobby shop had nothing I was interested in building.

www.agesofsail.com is another option

Jeff

In progress:
Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company -1/2" scale

USS Constitution - Model Shipways - Scale 1:76

HMS Granado - CAF Model - 1:48

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard

Tony: Not clear if you want already built ship models, or kits?

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Hi All,

Thanks for your info, I'm looking for wooden ship model kits.

Plastic models are popular in Taiwan (especially WWII ships), but no wooden ships, this is why I'm trying to find a good source from Internet. :dancetl6:

But usually shipping fee is really high though.

Again appreciate your helps.

Tony

Cannon Fodder - There is only one hobby shop in the Seattle area that has a good selection of wooden kits. But I would still buy online. But the way I am the president of the local modeling club. If you PM me with your email address I will send you a newsletter and more details. We often have members selling great kits at good prices.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

• 1 month later...

Tony. A PM is a private message. Only he can see what's in it. You don't "publish" it.

Click his photo and then the Tab "Send me a message"

Edited by Ulises Victoria

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!