Beautiful work and well done pix.

http://modelshipworld.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-9820-0-03152500-1391170950_thumb.jpg

Although I winced a bit when that drill bit came boring down on the lady. :o

S.os

Do not be discouraged. Before that, I made her anesthesia and she felt nothing. She was not hurt.
:)

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work
Samples of my work: Carving from Belgorod

Do not be discouraged. Before that, I made her anesthesia and she felt nothing. She was not hurt.

I knew that all along. ;)

S.os

New Bedford Whaleboat build. Kit by Model Shipways

I've been making progress on my model and according to the instruction booklet I should be painting it, at least parts of it.

Are acrylic's ok ? I did apply a sanding sealer. but I want to stain the untreated floor boards which are walnut.

Thanks

S.O.S.

That carving had to be put somewhere ^^. Fantastic job, for real.

I admire your skills Alexander,

Great work !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hello Alexander. Let me add my praise to that of the other people posting on this forum. You work is magnificent! Many thanks for sharing the photographs, they make it easier to understand your techniques.

Jim L

What we ever hope to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence. - Samuel Johnson

On the Building Ways:                           Launched:                                                 Contracts Signed:                    Member:

The Nautical Research Guild

The US Naval Institute

• 2 weeks later...

Beautifully done!

Your solution to the difficulty of carving thin pieces is one way of getting around it. I white glue thin pieces on to a backing board to carve them, then dissolve the glue with isopropanol when finished. Then, if the back of the carving needs work, I use fine files or sanding sticks to lessen the chance of breaking a piece off. As another person mentioned, boxwood is a better choice of wood.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

• 4 months later...

Hello I've been here for a long time did not appear. I decided to show you one of my work. This figure of an angel on the French Le Ambitieux. I love the model of this ship, which makes an Italian master. It was in his review and saw this figure of the angel. It wanted to try to do it yourself. And that's what happened. I did it for fun, it's not an order.

post-9820-0-62854300-1406970027_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-42715000-1406970056_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-03765300-1406970078_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-30805000-1406970092_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-29852000-1406970107_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-82233800-1406970119_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-62809100-1406970136_thumb.jpg

This photos from the competition, they were held in May in St. Petersburg. I went there to participate with their works.

post-9820-0-24610900-1406970174_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-23035200-1406970361_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-64831800-1406970374_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-37604600-1406970393_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-41798400-1406970418_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-04702800-1406970436_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-59226300-1406970455_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-27845200-1406970471_thumb.jpg

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Hi Alexander

Just found your thread.WOW!!!!!!! absolutely fantastic quality work. You should write a book on how you do this!!! Words fail me...simply stunning work.congratulations on some fine carving.

Regards....mick

Hi Mick. Thank you for rating. 
Nothing secret I do not, all phases of work are the same as I have shown in previous studies. 
I find it hard to write anything that I would like to mention. 
Decided to give a link to your blog, where there is more information and photos on this work. There's a lot of pictures and explanations. Of course, all in Russian, so not everything will be clear, but you can try to do the translation. 
If I broke the rules of the forum, I beg forgiveness for it and then let the moderators to remove these links. 

Here how was working on this figure: 

and here the description of the competition and continued in St. Petersburg: 

At this year's competition came carver Ivan Trtan. I am very glad I was able to see his work and meet him. He is a very good master. 

If you do not know who I'm talking about, here's his website where you can see his work: 

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Incredibly beautiful. I hope some day I can achieve something like this. I probably should start practicing now and continue at least 10 years....

Remco

Treat each part as if it is a model on its own, you will finish more models in a day than others do in a lifetime. 

Current build HMS Kingfisher

MSW 1.0 log click here

Hi Alexander

Thanks for the links.I will be studying these very carefully.hopefully I can learn something!

Cheers....mick

I'm very glad if i could help with something or inspire good mood. Try it, you must succeed. If something can be useful, ask, I always try to help. 

This is the meaning of communication. We all look at each other's work, learn and be inspired for their feats. And it's great. Good luck to you, yamsterman
Cheers!!!

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Incredibly beautiful. I hope some day I can achieve something like this. I probably should start practicing now and continue at least 10 years....

Remco

Thank you, Remco. 
Such an evaluation of such a master is expensive. I am sure that you thread much better. In this there are no secrets,  need a little patience. That's all. I have been carving recently. About six months. All my work I show here. Gradually learning new things. This is very interesting! 
By the way, I and take you, too, am a student, thank you for your work.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Your work is outstanding by all means. I wish to Thank you for sharing your excellent work with us. If you have more pictures of your work could you please post them for all to see.

Welcome VaskoVolf 
I did not understand a bit of your request. You mean work on a thread? Or building my model ship? If the question of the carving, then I'm doing this recently. And all my work I show here. If there are more, then be sure to show you. I try to take pictures during the work, myself so interesting. And I'm showing. 
If you mean the construction of the model, I believe that in my work  is nothing new. I bought a set of Chinese HMS Druid. Now I try to make this a normal Admiralty model,  and learn naval engineer. I have exhibited their work at the Russian site, here did not spread, because here are many such works. Hard for me to write in English, and technical issues to me hard to understand English. If you want, I can show a link to my topic with the construction.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Alexander,

Lovely work.  I'm quite amazed at your carvings and Jano's carvings.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 5 months later...
My last job. Made it quite recently.

Hippocampus for "Halifax". There are differences on how this figure appears in the drawings Harold Hahn. So the client wishes.

post-9820-0-15381700-1422012996_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-67393500-1422013012_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-72343400-1422013029_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-76729800-1422013043_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-20207700-1422013063_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-64422100-1422013078_thumb.jpg

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work