Beautiful work! Still pearwood?

Janos

Welcome Janos.
Thank you for your appreciation. These figures hippocampi I made to order. 2 units were sold, and one I made for myself. 2 figures from pears and 1 made from apple-tree. Wood has been chosen by the customer. In Russia, it is very often used in the construction of a pear, unlike Europe.  The figure is standing on the model, therefore it is the same color order.
I remember that you advised me to cut it out of boxwood. Now I have small stick of the tree. When I will be able to make the thread of these stick. I've already tried. I will say that the thrill of boxwood are very different from the other tree. For him to get used to. As I understand you are working with thread drilling machine. I have so far not very successful this way, I'm used to cutters and knives. I hope that I will learn new methods of work for me.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work
Samples of my work: Carving from Belgorod

Thank. I will try to continue to show their work.

Here about these hippocampi I wrote in detail

There have pictures that show how to change the shape during operation.

Written, of course, in Russian, all I can not translate. Share what my wife said when she saw the finished figure hippocampus. She exclaimed: Oh! What's this? This embryo horse? Well you modelers already quite crazy! ... "  :D

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Everyone has already said it, but beautiful work Alexander.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

• 11 months later...

One of my recent work. British Lion.

Unfortunately, this work at this stage and over. To finish before the end of it will be gone. It so happened that I met with the customer and showed him how things were going with the lion. And the customer has not yet decided to take the unfinished threads. He liked the state of incompleteness. And he asked to cut another lion before the end. But there's more to come. I hope I can with the time and show a complete lion.

Hopefully interpreter translated understandable.

post-9820-0-18993400-1453831799_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-98275000-1453831823_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-62366000-1453831833_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-55046500-1453831845_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-25548500-1453831857_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-01938800-1453831890_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-24038000-1453831908_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-13116600-1453831921_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-01976500-1453831945_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-57255500-1453831958_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-86426600-1453831971_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-17573200-1453831993_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-18713200-1453832008_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-19212600-1453832023_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-97440500-1453832033_thumb.jpg

post-9820-0-45100600-1453832043_thumb.jpg

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Very nice work - great detail.  It's a pity the customer took the lion before you completed it but I do look forward to your next effort.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Very good work on the lion, one of the best I've seen..

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

I have one question. I want to make a collection of different lions. To bring together British, French, Golan thread. So that was visible differences between various schools. So I try to find high-quality images of lions. Maybe someone has a picture of the museums, or the good pictures of the books that were clearly visible parts. If possible please share such images.

Sincerely, Alexander.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you. Yes, I have seen this gallery. Very good research assistance. Especially a lot of information on British ships. But, unfortunately, for my task this little gallery: Lions of the French there is only Le Ambitius. Dutch or even some other schools thread I was there and did not find. Therefore, and I asked somebody has information that will help me.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

You could also ask this question (open a new topic for it) here:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/forum/13-ships-plans-and-project-research-general-research-on-specific-vessels-and-ship-types/ 

I know there's quite a few very knowledgeable people here and that might be where you'll get some answers on the lions.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...