Tell me please.
When I make a link to the text in this place, then this card appears. And if I press save, an error message appears. If I delete https, then the error does not appear. But in this case the address of my forum topic is not a link, but only an inscription. Can problems arise from the card that I showed on the photo? Can I somehow insert a link to make it work correctly? I tried to make a link in the form of text, but it did not work either. Can anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work
Samples of my work: Carving from Belgorod

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I have time and will try to respond to requests to explain my work. I was very lucky to have this set of photos preserved when I was making one of my sculptures. Now I can show how the carving has worked and explain some points.
A large amount of text will take some time and I will also show a lot of photos, so I will not upload all at once, but gradually. Just want to apologize for the fact that much will be difficult to understand, I still do not know how to write correctly. And so help me a great Google (I would have been quite sad without it). If this is suddenly read by the creators of Google translator, then I want to send you my regards and many thanks for your work.
This will be an introduction. Soon I will try to show 1 part.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

So, this story will go about this sculpture.

DSC05475001.thumb.jpg.b5284f6037c09682d5304ebe863d6b9b.jpg
I'll start with a little prehistory.
 Once upon a time I saved a few photos from one marine forum, where this sculpture was made by an Italian master. I did not remember the name of that magnificent master, I have only photos of his work. She impressed me very much. At that time, I never tried to carve. And I liked this figure so much that I wanted to try to cut it out one day. So one day I decided to start work. She was just for me. This is not an order for someone. I started doing it for myself. In St. Petersburg was supposed to pass the University Cup competition and I decided to go there and try to participate in C3 with my carving. In that year, Ivan Trtan was supposed to come to the Cup, and I really wanted to see his carving with my own eyes, to talk with him personally. This happens only once in a lifetime. It was because of him that I wanted to become a member of the Cup, so that he looked at my work, gave me advice. By this point, I had 2 sculptures ready, and I decided that I could make another figure. And this 3 figure was this very figure from the ship Le Ambitieux.
Unfortunately, I do not know exactly who it is. I know that there was a lion in the book, and I do not know for what reason the Italian maestro decided to change it. Then there was no Google translation and I did not understand what was written in the forum where I first saw the photos. I still do not know who it really is: an angel or maybe it's some kind of character of ancient myths, like Perseus. He was not like Perseus, and I began to call him an angel. Although maybe I'm wrong. If someone suddenly knows who is actually writing, I will be very interested in learning the history of this sculpture.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Now it's time to go on to the technical description of the work itself.
The first thing with which any of us starts to do a new thing is transferring the scheme to the workpiece. Here I have no new inventions. It's simple: I printed a drawing or a scheme printed on the right scale, I paste it on the workpiece. Although with this angel I had to think a little. The volumetric sculpture differs from many details of the ship. Often, one type is enough to make a ship element. Even in the carving, I often have only one circuit, for example, projections from the side. But with the angel it was not enough. I needed to combine 2 types: profile and type of face (front). I do not remember now why I did not draw a front with a pencil and decided to go a longer way. There was a time when I was interested to understand different 3D programs and build human figures in them. Around that time, I studied Zet Brash, but this does not apply to this topic. Maybe for this reason, instead of a pencil, I created a front view using the Poser program. Maybe for someone it will be an interesting solution. In this program, you can simulate any movement of a person. You can do both a man and a woman. Consider from any angle how complex and incomprehensible moments look like and much more on the table you can see what I did and the view from above). So I have 2 types on the workpiece: a front view and a side view.

IMG_4798.thumb.JPG.3ee357f097eb6d13254c9a85a63f11b2.JPG

IMG_4799.thumb.JPG.50ce527d3619473034ec74bb40cc8656.JPG

The same stage shows the first stage of processing the workpiece. I did this with a circular saw. Sense, I think and so clear. Now I look at these photos and I myself try to remember what I wanted to do at that moment. I noticed that there was a patch untouched on the workpiece above the head. 
I think that I did it on purpose. Most likely I left it, so as not to spoil the view from above. I think there was glued there another kind. Means then it was then more convenient. It is interesting to consider old photographs.

P.S. I'll pause for this while I go to sleep. I'll continue tomorrow.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

13 hours ago, Kurt Johnson said:

Google - потрясающий подарок. Всего несколько лет назад мы бы не смогли общаться вообще. Иногда что-то звучит немного неудобно, но идея натолкнулась на все. 

Kurt

:cheers: This really unites

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

3 hours ago, Dziadeczek said:

Эта тема формируется, чтобы быть очень захватывающей и образовательной! Я помещаю себя глубже в свое компьютерное кресло и с тревогой ожидаю продолжения блога Александра.

I'm glad if my story is useful for the case

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Alexander,

Your the master, what wood is your favorite for your figureheads?

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

I will continue to write further. Now I'll show you the photos that show that I'm not doing anything special. I just cut the unnecessary parts of the wood.

IMG_4801.thumb.JPG.edb9ae0ae83f4b2fb41c53ba1433bc61.JPG

IMG_4802.thumb.JPG.8edba11238e5c822faee9c21a6b4a107.JPG

IMG_4804.thumb.JPG.def9a751a2bc4c200f5c138d69bcb3a5.JPG

IMG_4803.thumb.JPG.a376eeaeb3acc1d3e574f82388cae724.JPG

Only now the incomprehensible form begins to become clear. And the strange figure of the seal begins to turn into a man

IMG_4805.thumb.JPG.3e6b71b7e8bf37263e48d0457823c79c.JPG

IMG_4807.thumb.JPG.71e465b1f581ef711f4a89645780c8a0.JPG

IMG_4808.thumb.JPG.7f0734f5495514f913a7459d8cf66a2c.JPG

IMG_4809.thumb.JPG.39b48decfa54d30138bc6a29cc20bd9c.JPG

IMG_4810.thumb.JPG.397eb12c2be99508a3de9a129cd59b18.JPG

IMG_4812.thumb.JPG.c1e830b050e56462c815db26069f69a8.JPG

IMG_4813.thumb.JPG.0995ed941cb82208db73f7d53cc2ad6f.JPG

At this stage, I have nothing to tell. The secret is simple: you sit at the table, take knives, turn on a movie or your favorite music. A few hours later you suddenly find yourself sitting in the very center of the mountain with wooden shavings and sawdust. And at this moment you feel that for some strange reason you are very tired and the only thing you can do is take a broom and a brush and remove the mountain of garbage. That's the whole secret. :)

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

15 minutes ago, John Allen said:

Александр,

Ваш хозяин, какой лес ваш любимый для ваших номинальных фигур?

Hello, John.
I already wrote about what kind of wood I make my sculptures from. If I write from the beginning, it will take a long time. I hope you will not be offended if I answer your question with a link to my last post.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

On 20.03.2017 at 5:18 AM, korablik1979 said:

Теперь породой является древесина. В основном все мои резьбы сделаны из груши или яблока. Еще один раз я вырезал из сливы. Почему именно из этих пород являются dreves?
1. Яблоня или груша хорошо подходят для такой работы. Они легко разрезают. Мне не нужно прилагать много усилий для работы. И в то же время это дерево имеет достаточную плотность, чтобы легко держать любую форму. 
Я могу сделать самые маленькие завитки волос, и древесина не будет расслабляться, разорвана и испорчена. Очень удобно в работе.
2. Как яблоко, так и грушевое дерево практически не имеют резких переходов в цвете в волокнах, например, в буке или грецком орехе. У них нет борозд, трещин, язв, таких как дубы. Это очень важно. Есть так много мест, где ярко выраженная текстура украшает резьбу и делает ее уникальной.

w_108347_2.jpg.2d5035f03eb792b69e87f71ffd0f22da.jpgi.jpg.91ee1bee046c1af4c2db223f03964743.jpg

Но для фигур на моделях кораблей этот эффект неприемлем (я только высказываю свое мнение, я не хочу навязывать его другим, и если кто-то думает иначе, я всегда уважаю другое мнение). На мой взгляд, масштаб скульптуры слишком мал для яркой текстуры. Любые небольшие трещины древизины сразу становятся огромными на корабле и нарушают масштаб модели. Это относится к любым частям модели: колоде, киле, мачте. И для скульптур, тем более.
Для России это уже стало почти неофициальным правилом. Практически каждый из этих видов древесины. Даже когда кит сделан, только новички вынимают заготовки из коробки, почти все переделывает все, что может. И это третья причина, которую я делаю из этого типа дерева.

О Падуке, я ничего не могу тебе сказать, я никогда с ним не работал. Причина уже описана. Но я могу высказать свое мнение о кобеле. Я не работаю с ним, и я не принимаю заказы от этой породы дерева. Однажды я попробовал, и ничего хорошего не получил. Это дерево очень тяжелое, твердое. Мой микро инструмент очень быстро впал в негодность. Его крошечные размеры оказались слишком мягкими для дерева такой твердости. Я изучал, как другие резчики делают резные фигурки. Я посмотрел на работу тех, кто работает с самшитом, и заметил, что они не режут, но размалываются микро-сверлами и борами. У меня такой инструмент. Я использую его, но очень, очень, очень редко. Только когда я не смогу добраться до зуба. Мне не очень нравится делать все фрезерные работы. 

Я хотел бы еще раз подчеркнуть, что все заявления о разных типах деревьев - это только мое личное мнение.

Это все, что я могу сказать о дереве в моей работе. Теперь я пойду спать и пусть переводчик Google остынет, он уже курит ...

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

5 minutes ago, Dubz said:

« И в этот момент вы чувствуете, что по какой-то странной причине вы очень устали, и единственное, что вы можете сделать, это взять метлу и щетку и удалить гору мусора. Это весь секрет»,

Хахахаха ... хороший: -D

кортик

I'm very glad that humor can be translated using Google translator and it's understandable in different countries. :)

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Следующая часть фотографий. Они показывают, что скульптура постепенно теряет вес. Скорее всего, посещение тренажерного зала.
Очевидно, что теперь на скульптуре появляется сумка.

IMG_4819.thumb.JPG.c2b108d7469ca18b72239ab165673416.JPG

IMG_4814.thumb.JPG.1f3135d15593103f4c42facbfa038328.JPG

IMG_4815.thumb.JPG.47f012af02096b4cfaadfbfb84332020.JPG

IMG_4816.thumb.JPG.74825af92361fc6d2e82413639425157.JPG

IMG_4817.thumb.JPG.085d55d2927326cd0eace88cc8d0a9aa.JPG

IMG_4818.thumb.JPG.1b43c84bb634a975d2dd8228f540119e.JPG

IMG_4820.thumb.JPG.62452ce6cc1d0995acadaa49a5b57bd6.JPG

IMG_4821.thumb.JPG.499fe4fbbcc07895b65dbb8b3313301b.JPG

Что я могу добавить к тому, что уже видно? Я не могу сказать, что есть некоторые секреты в работе с инструментом. На этом этапе я использую большие долота и ножи. Меня не волнует, насколько тщательно материал может быть разрезан. Я не обращаю внимания на мелкие расщепления и дрейфы. Они скоро исчезнут, когда сцена начнется с более детального изучения фигуры. Но все так ясно, даже если я не писал об этом.
Я хочу написать что-то, что не видно на фотографии. Я говорю о времени. Когда вы смотрите на эти фотографии, изменения быстро проходят через ваши глаза. Фактически, между этапами, когда я фотографировал, проходили дни или недели. Причины этого разные. С одной стороны, у меня есть другие проблемы, кроме резьбы. У меня есть семья, дети. И я тоже должен провести с ними время. Мне также приходится иметь дело с другими вопросами. Но это не значит, что у меня недостаточно времени. Даже если резьба была моей основной профессией (и теперь она стала такой), я по-прежнему буду распространять свое расписание, чтобы не заниматься чрезмерной резьбой. Я попытаюсь объяснить свою идею, и я очень надеюсь, что это будет ясно, несмотря на проблемы перевода. Работа, связанная с художественным вкусом, отличается от других видов бизнеса.
Например, если бы я строил дом, я бы пришел на работу утром и постарался сделать как можно больше работы для смены. Это означает, что я могу закончить строительство раньше и получить за это деньги. Но эта техника не будет работать, если вы будете работать художником. Если вы смотрели фильмы о художниках, вы, скорее всего, видели, как они рисуют картины очень медленно. Иногда я хочу сказать: что это за глупость? Он' Это просто бездельник! Как вы можете сидеть в течение месяца на одной картинке? Это неправильно, приятель! Если вы не закончите завтра, тогда я увожу вас! У вас были схожие мысли, когда вы смотрели на художников? Я также художник, но у меня также были такие мысли, хотя я понимаю, почему художники работают медленно.
Теперь я попытаюсь объяснить, что видят глаза художника, когда он делает свою работу. Может, ты меня поймешь.

Когда вы точно знаете рецепт правильного действия, вы просто это делаете. Но художник похож на изобретателя, который не знает, что думать о его изобретении. И каждый шаг он делает так, чтобы этот шаг не случайно разрушил уже построенный. И только через короткое время можно понять, был ли новый шаг правильным или неправильным. Это первая причина, по которой художники работают медленно и осторожно, как сапер на минном поле.
Есть еще одна причина. Глаз устроен так, что, когда мы смотрим на то же самое в течение длительного времени, мы перестаем правильно видеть все ошибки. Я не знаю, какой пример может объяснить это, и я расскажу вам о подобной ситуации из военной разведки. В армии, когда необходимо следить за вражеской разведкой, ставят наблюдателей. Их задача - внимательно следить и заметить, если вдруг враг начнет готовиться к атаке. Но враг также знает, что за ним следят. И поэтому он может перехитрить интеллект, делая очень медленную прогрессию. Чтобы наблюдатель этого не заметил. Для этого разведка посылает нового разведчика наблюдателю, который только что отдыхал. Он был на посту вчера или позавчера, а затем отдыхал. И такой отдохнувший наблюдатель незамедлительно заметит любые изменения. Он увидит, что его партнер, который весь день смотрел, не заметил. Который только что отдохнул. Он был на посту вчера или позавчера, а затем отдыхал. И такой отдохнувший наблюдатель незамедлительно заметит любые изменения. Он увидит, что его партнер, который весь день смотрел, не заметил. Который только что отдохнул. Он был на посту вчера или позавчера, а затем отдыхал. И такой отдохнувший наблюдатель незамедлительно заметит любые изменения. Он увидит, что его партнер, который весь день смотрел, не заметил.

Тот же эффект возникает и у художника, когда он сидит за столом долго и смотрит на свою работу. Усталый глаз не может правильно оценить ситуацию, и тогда художник может легко совершить ошибку. Например, сделать руку у скульптуры слишком короткой или слишком длинной. Бывает, что вы заканчиваете рабочий день и думаете, что все в порядке, а утром вы приходите к столу, возьмите свою скульптуру в руки и подумайте: «О, что я сделал! Как я могу исправить это сейчас?

С этим Ангелом я имел тот же самый момент. Теперь я показываю фото 2 попытки. Первый стал браком только потому, что я не мог своевременно заметить, что я делаю неправильно. И было уже поздно исправить это и должно было начаться с самого начала.

И чем дольше вы работаете, тем больше становится цена любой ошибки. Очень обидно испортить все, что почти доходит до конца.

По этой причине художники работают не так быстро. В течение одного месяца у одного хозяина будет время построить высокий дом, а другой просто нарисуйте 1 фотографию или сделайте 1 скульптуру. Такая жизнь.

Поэтому я дам один странный совет: если вы хотите попытаться вырезать из дерева или камня, нарисовать картины или сделать некоторые произведения искусства - не работайте слишком быстро. Дайте время вашим глазам, чтобы они могли отдохнуть от долгого взгляда на работу. Это важно! Со временем вы поймете, сколько времени вам нужно. Слишком много перерывов тоже не может. Я думаю, что причина этого должна быть ясной, я не знаю, имеет ли смысл ее описать. Если вы хотите, чтобы я написал это, напишите, и я попытаюсь затронуть эту тему в следующих частях моей истории.

Edited by korablik1979

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

I continue to publish a photo about working on an angel. This series shows how the face is gradually changing. Now this is a more subtle work, which I do with a subtle instrument. More often than not, I begin to do details with faces. Well, of course, if the conversation is about the figures of people. But I do the same with animals and start the details from their head. It's more comfortable for me. The head of any sculpture is the most important place, the most important thing. So I try to do it first.

IMG_4824.thumb.JPG.453d2e28b19efe374ead204b18a2ae2a.JPG

IMG_4825.thumb.JPG.f9c7c52b84297b5960d73dac39d2ecae.JPGIMG_4827.thumb.JPG.99381ac7fc618231d57c08f931ddcb60.JPGIMG_4822.thumb.JPG.5bccd99c0f7c10463c93501458f5e39a.JPG
I think this: if I suddenly make an irreparable mistake, I'll take another piece. But if I leave my face to the end, I'll make the whole sculpture and at the end I'll mess up  face, then I'll waste more time. So I'm doing the head fof sculpture first.

I also want to draw attention to other parts of the figure. There are places I do not pay attention to specially. Look at the look of the helmet and hair, as well as the bottom of the figure with clothes. In these places I do not work at all now. At this stage, I remove unnecessary material in these places only if it prevents me from approaching the instrument comfortably. If there is no interference, I do not pay attention to these zones. I feel so comfortable. I think so: now my task is this face person and I give all my attention to this topic. While I do not know exactly how I will do creases, so I better not touch them, so as not to accidentally remove excess material.

IMG_4837.thumb.JPG.a9ed38ac490758debc94687f1c0fd4fb.JPGIMG_4838.thumb.JPG.5d95ce33fb3c56ca7058194018a10053.JPGIMG_4844.thumb.JPG.8c32036f79dd955f136ed046cb4cc978.JPG

On these frames you can see what one small secret looks like. The sculpture has changed very much. It's not from other lighting. The fact is that these photos I made the next morning, after I covered the sculpture with oil. I covered him before going to bed, I left him to rest for the night, so that the oil would be absorbed into the tree. And these pictures were taken the next morning. See how much material has changed. The angel looks as if I have polished it for a long time. In fact, this effect gives an oil coating. It does wonders. After him, the figure not only looks different. Now the material is completely cut off. There are such places on the sculpture, where due to the arrangement of the fibers, the traces of the cut are very ugly. Such places are not smooth, but as if there was someone plowing on a tractor. Such a feeling that they worked with a tool without sharpening. After coating the oil, everything changes and is cut much better. The oil is not absorbed very deeply and if the depth of the material is removed more than 3-4 mm, then the wood that is wet from the oil will run out and the material in this place will become as it was without oil.
When I tried to make a carving with oil, I really liked this method and I used a lot of oil. For example, he immediately covered the entire figure. But over time, I realized that this method has drawbacks. And now I do not use oil the way I did it while working with this angel.

What are the cons?
1. When you hold the workpiece from your hands on the sculpture gets dirt.
 Wood with oil very quickly absorbs grease and dirt from the hands. And where there are convex places the tree becomes darker. And it's not very good. I tried to work with gloves. But I did not like it. In gloves, especially rubber, my hands sweat quickly and it's not pleasant. I tried to put on cotton gloves and again I did not like it. In them I do not feel the instrument well. It feels like I have to sew a garter and a thread in boxing gloves. I suffered from this. I thought that you need to wait, it will be a little time and I will get used to it. But one day there was a case after which I took off the gloves and did not take them anymore. I was wearing cotton gloves, I wanted to put the sculpture on the table, but with some thread the glove caught on the corner of the sculpture and it hung under the glove. And after a moment the sculpture fell off this thread and fell to the floor. I realized that if at that time my work would have come to the end, and the figure had small details, then they would have crashed from falling. So I realized that I do not like gloves at all. But back to oil.
2. Another disadvantage of oil is that it is impossible to glue anything to the treated wood. Only on cyanatrilate and such a compound will be brittle. This is bad. If during work I see that it is possible to glue a piece that has split off so that it is neat and not noticeable, then it's great. But with oil this will not work. Is that bad.
3. Oil very strongly attracts dust and small pieces of material. And in work it hinders. Especially when you need to work with small details. Garbage prevents you from seeing exactly where you need to cut it. And you have to work hard with a clean brush to sweep away such rubbish.

How to be, because oil has both pluses and ninus. Do I use it now? Yes. But not as before. If I see that I've got a place that hardly reacts to tools, then I smear butter only in this place. I do this almost dry brush and try to do it only where it is needed. I do not cover the whole figure while working. Only when the work is finished.

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

Now it's time to get rid of most of the billet. In the meantime, it is already hampering the work. I separate the sculpture from the workpiece. Still here it is clear that I started working on the helmet and angel hair and over the bag of an angel. You can see how the color of the figure changes. The oil absorbs more deeply into the material and the wood is no longer as dark as recently.

IMG_4852.thumb.JPG.7a75f9138820a2b9dfee44eed583f76b.JPGIMG_4853.thumb.JPG.1c596b30309d49826fb80e4c89eb2590.JPGIMG_4854.thumb.JPG.ae830c25fa09206e13c05b3b974bd9cd.JPGIMG_4858.thumb.JPG.21ecf9b47d8b96df1d7fe0201b6bb963.JPGIMG_4864.thumb.JPG.0298a078adfbb707297e44bbce709c5b.JPGIMG_4865.thumb.JPG.0032af2bf888f598fe82b5537a89accc.JPGIMG_4873.thumb.JPG.55175657a811dbe8d0e82a2c46fed41a.JPG

Next series of photos. They show that I again covered the sculpture with oil. At this stage of my work, I began working on the folds of the angel's. And as I gradually remove excess material from the wings of the angel.needed. I do not cover the whole figure while working. Only when the work is finished.

IMG_4883.thumb.JPG.c7cdffadc153ecf84f644bee239920e9.JPGIMG_4884.thumb.JPG.dbdafd1ebd206083884755fd9684b634.JPGIMG_4888.thumb.JPG.5b58e5219e0f5b245b1e1636574ccc24.JPGIMG_4890.thumb.JPG.7b3eecb98336377a7f735e066b935eb1.JPGIMG_4893.thumb.JPG.815c6083e67671275d22803dd06bbcef.JPG

Most likely, several days have passed. Now the wrinkles on the clothes began to appear.

IMG_4898.thumb.JPG.3e1459dc6e788d041d0c0129798d9ab7.JPGIMG_4899.thumb.JPG.f6bda68f28a53b7449fe921ed6e87f3d.JPGIMG_4901.thumb.JPG.a25ca1cebd35180930ee5482b1581583.JPG

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

It's time to start making threads on the wings.

In this part of my story, I will describe one more approach in the work of the carver.
When an artist paints a picture or a picture, then he has a law - he draws the drawing gradually everywhere. They are small dashes that show where the main parts of the drawing will be and gradually the artist makes more and more refinements in different parts of the sheet of paper. When I was a student, my teachers told us: imagine that I suddenly tell you Stop! Set aside your pencils and I'll take back your drawings for evaluation. You do not know at what point I will give such a command. But when it does not happen your work should be literate, so that in any place of the sheet it was made gradually. If you have a final eye drawn and the rest of the sheet is empty and there are no other parts of the face at all, then I will consider your work to be wrong and I will give you a bad evaluation.

I hope I could properly explain the law, how the work should go. But in my thread I do not go this way. From the photos it is clear that I choose some zones and work only with them, and then I move on to the next zone and work there.

IMG_4905.thumb.JPG.0b2a5232ac6a1ef05c72906935b6f2c6.JPG

IMG_4907.thumb.JPG.0ef6c1d4c2093ab9b183ef583a3925bd.JPGIMG_4912.thumb.JPG.84e4036f8093a1a4ed6bff5fcf59ab09.JPGIMG_4914.thumb.JPG.d6083a39cece46b2fa106a05a61de451.JPG
Why do I do this and how do I choose which zone to work for now, and which one to leave for another time? Everything is very simple. After I made a general rough image of the figure, I choose the zone that I think is the main one. And this face figures. I already wrote about this. Then I start looking for the following important parts, for example the body. And only when I like what it looks like I turn to clothes. If I did it differently, I could accidentally cut too many folds and it would seem that the clothes are not on the body, and beneath it there is some kind of hole. And if I make the folds of clothing parallel to the body, then I would have to time to remodel them. If you compare how the body looks now and in the photo of the early stages, you will notice that the angel looks thicker before. And he gradually becomes more slimmer and more correct. The same thing I would have to do with clothes. But when I became satisfied with the body, it became easier for me to understand how much material to cut in the folds. So it is easier and more convenient. There is one more reason why I try to make detailed refinements of individual zones. Each topic has its own rules and technique of execution. The hair has its own characteristics, the folds of clothing are different, the feathers are third. It is more convenient to occupy your brain with one topic than to move from one topic to another. For example, I left my hair and moved to another place. Then, when I return to my hair, I will forget what I wanted to do here. I'll sit and think, so what did I want to do last time. The hands are already weaned and we need to remember the technique again. Each zone is executed by its own tools. For hair, you need one kind and size of chisels, for the folds of clothing other chisels. It is more convenient to put one kind next to each other, rather than running around with one chisel, then another. That's why I work in some zones, in others.
I leave some parts for the end of the work. The whole figure is almost finished and some parts of the figure did not have any treatment at all. These are very small parts, or such elements that go far away from the total mass of the sculpture. In this work, such special areas include the wings and hand, which holds the pipes. I left them specially for the very end. The reason for this decision is very simple. The wings in the finished version must be very thin. On the tips there the thickness is less than 1 mm. If I made wings before, I risked that such subtle elements would break from sloppy traffic or if suddenly the figure fell to the floor. I kept the same law for thin spears in the angel's hand.

Edited by korablik1979

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

That's all!
I tried to talk about my tricks and technologies.
As I said before, I do not have any special and secret techniques. I do not look like a wizard, all my tricks are ordinary and many people know them. I just take the workpiece, the tool and try to get the image I need, which hides inside the workpiece. In the end, I will show a few more photos, there is no point in commenting on them, everything is clear.

IMG_4929.thumb.JPG.56eb764afc9e46417612d92dfbeff035.JPGIMG_4933.thumb.JPG.367c2245cef76a118d1870174c78f03d.JPGIMG_4944.thumb.JPG.89a583ee6d5bf22fcbba4cff3b98268c.JPGIMG_5059.thumb.JPG.50a7bfacb372fbd3c4f3d4e1d3eb9c91.JPGIMG_5062.thumb.JPG.ae0e54aed9431940ea45463a860ca3e0.JPGIMG_5064.thumb.JPG.5d369ced1b6cdff2b04968ca34789522.JPGIMG_4950.thumb.JPG.cef22b6e6f2b96b4530034403e2aa9d3.JPGIMG_4951.thumb.JPG.379f32a2a910cd05b42d3732ef6106ea.JPGIMG_4952.thumb.JPG.87e9c37c5e1788f0d488a70f279161a8.JPGIMG_5031.thumb.JPG.1ac60bf4f44ff132cf28095d6eec0666.JPGIMG_5035.thumb.JPG.c8b134aecfda6a2d11fb5ddbd0113c17.JPGIMG_5042.thumb.JPG.a242b4d1b0592cfcc27804edb6501bc2.JPG

Alexander210.jpg.63e78d9b7d44306482acccb2cf0ad20e.jpgIMG_4141.jpg.97502b749a0a9b56d912df328d0c606d.jpgAlexander214.jpg.e7c0ac0942209c2a0b66dfc7c8a590e5.jpgAlexander216.jpg.f0b12041d0eb46b09ac55a9d7de9f69b.jpgAlexander217.jpg.95c1f9f9d8bd2529d80dfa93e90b8c4b.jpgIMG_4134.jpg.29d03c8c218a8d1ed3b0cd3dee654b0d.jpgIMG_4142.jpg.bc605169aa4117771206b133c2596d15.jpg

If suddenly my story about one of my works will help the others, then I will be very happy. If I wrote something incomprehensible and the meaning ran off during the translation, or I did not tell you about a particular reception, then ask your questions. I will try to answer them. All the warmest greetings!

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

For many years I did wood carving and always found the human form the hardest subject! Some people are just natural artists and you are definitely one. You are a true master. Please keep showing us your work. 

Regards,

Kurt

Member: Ship Model Society of New Jersey

Just now, Kurt Johnson said:

For many years I did wood carving and always found the human form the hardest subject! Some people are just natural artists and you are definitely one. You are a true master. Please keep showing us your work. 

Regards,

Kurt

Thank you very much for your appreciation. I do not always get to do the right job. There are some figures that did not work out. Maybe I'll show some of them one day.
I will try to continue to show my carving. Thank you for looking and for what you are interested. :)

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

I'm saving this as I will need to study and learn from it.   Thank you, Alexander.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody.
For a long time I could not show anything new. Unfortunately. Now in my life there are big changes and I had to change my place of residence with my family. So far, new circumstances and conditions are very unusual and very different from what I'm used to. Now I do not have the opportunity to go online regularly. Therefore, I immediately want to apologize that I can not respond quickly to comments. Do not be offended, I do not ignore your comments, and I will definitely answer as soon as a good opportunity appears.
Over the years, I was busy with another project. I really liked it, I enjoyed working with this order. But now I will not show what I got after the finish. I will show a small fragment. Maybe someone can find out or guess what kind of figure it is. The only clue from me - this ship knows everything!

Sincerely, Alexander

1.jpg

Edited by korablik1979

Sincerely, Alexander
Commissioned carved work

I hope the new residence is all you desired, and you can settle down soon. 

cheers

Pat

Edited by BANYAN

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2018 at 7:40 AM, korablik1979 said:

Hello everybody.
For a long time I could not show anything new. Unfortunately. Now in my life there are big changes and I had to change my place of residence with my family.

Привет александр; 
Я также строю корабли и буду жить в Сумах этим летом (потому что моя жена украинка);
ты живешь далеко от Белгорода сегодня ? 
У меня были музыкальные друзья, которые живут в Белгороде, и это была бы возможность для меня увидеть
вас! 
Большие поздравления ! 
Эрик

Translation by Moderator.  (This is an English language forum, so please translate.)

Hello Alexander; I also build ships and will live in Sumy this summer (because my wife is Ukrainian); Do you live far from Belgorod today? I had musical friends who live in Belgorod, and it would be an opportunity for me to see you! Great greetings! Eric

• 1 year later...