mtaylor

Triton by mtaylor - 1:48 - Completed

I've heard of skimping on the cost of a build but this ship is gonna draw water from both ends. It'll go down faster then the Wasa :D

BTW, Love your Wasa.Ive seen her built with different colours but really love that lighter blue you used.

Seriously, I love these cut-aways. Have you considered adding more detail to the lower decks, i.e. barrels, ballast rock...

Looking at the side view you really get an idea of how cramped that second deck is, Look 5' something. Going to sea would suck for 6'2'' people like me.

Keith

Thanks Keith.   It was tight in there, no doubt.  My Licorne is even tighter... 4 foot from deck to deck on the berth deck.  3 foot if add in the beams. 

As for finishing it.. it's done.  I gave it to my late father-in-law at this point in the construction and he had it about a year and half, maybe a bit more.  After he passed, the Trition came home and I decided leave it as is.

Sorry to here of your loss, and completely understand.

Something's have more value because of sentiment. I recently bought the Midwest Dinghy to build for my Mom-in-law. Its always been kinda a term of endearment between us. I was wanting to gold leaf her name on the transom.

Wow 3 ft under the beams, was it run by Hobbits, sheesh at 6'2", Id have to crawl.

Keith

Thank Christian.  This one got buried really fast after the re-start of MSW. :)

Mark:

Beautifully constructed model. It really came out nice. Great work.

Russ

Hi Mark, just caught up with your Triton log, beautiful work, Sir, fittings, guns, framing, planking are all perfectly done, thank you for sharing this magnificent build :)

Splendid work Mark. Love those cannon too. Well done! 

Thank you for the kind words, Aldo and Paddy.  It really was a fun project.  So much fun, I'm thinking of doing another one at some point.

Gabek likes this

Mark....outstanding!

What a nice piece of art for showing in the Spring Meet-up event.

Thanks for sharing.

mtaylor likes this

Mark,

Very nice.

Do the plans supplied include everything shown in your final picture, i.e., decking, posts, cannon, etc.?

Thanks

Richard

mtaylor likes this

Beautiful work, I love the look of the cannon, mine always look like they came out of a crackerjack box:)

Mike

mtaylor likes this

Mark,

Do the section at either end of that one, and sooner than later you'll have it all in sections.  Great work.  Beautiful!

Walt Biles

mtaylor likes this

Thanks for looking in and the comments and likes.

Mark,

Very nice.

Do the plans supplied include everything shown in your final picture, i.e., decking, posts, cannon, etc.?

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

They do indeed contain everything.   It's a great project to get a taste of scratch-building.

Mark,

Do the section at either end of that one, and sooner than later you'll have it all in sections.  Great work.  Beautiful!

Walt Biles

No can do, Walt.  The cross-section has some things that are slightly different and simplified and thus won't fit into the larger full Triton Build. 

Canute likes this

Mark, How'd I miss this? Looks quite lovely, especially the long guns!

In the words of Jack Aubrey: "Killick! Killick there! Able Seaman Taylor gets an extra grog ration tonight!"

mtaylor and Canute like this

"As if I ain't got enough ter do," Killick muttered. "Extra grog, 'e says."

Canute likes this

Well get the mess cleaned up. Me dog loves rum.  So bring another bottle and glass for yourself.

One of these days, I ought to finish and put it in a case.  But somehow, I just can't bring myself to going any further on this one.  Too many memories.

Canute likes this