HMS Victory by tinyellie - Constructo - 1:94

I have agonised over the paint or not but if you lookat my log a fellow member sent a painted image of the ship and she is beautiful. hate the thought of painting wood after the effort to make her varnishable but I set off to build her as she sits in dry dock, I will be adding sails though

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

For the planking.. have a look here:  http://modelshipworldforum.com/ship-model-framing-and-planking-articles.php   There's more here:  https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/forum/14-building-framing-planking-and-plating-a-ships-hull-and-deck/   

Read through them and go with the one you feel most confortable with.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 months later...

My god I have not spoke to you for years, the planks sort of need tapering when they start to clash with each other, as the hull curves under they hit at different degrees of angle and it becomes obvious as you move down, what to remove and where.... its easier than it looks planking