HMS Victory by guraus - scale 1:48 plank on frames

Amazing work! She looks wonderful!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Thanks for sharing this Sunday morning fix with mere mortals. I'm still struggling with how to drive a nail properly.

Best, Ian

Hi Alexandru,

when I see your model , I know that I am a bungler . Wonderful work .

I admire you and your work !!!

Thank you for sharing your work and time with us. You give so much inspirations!

Best wishes for you and your Victory!

-Heinz-

Very nice gold painting! I'm wondering, did you sand it to get the excess paint off, or some thing else? Thanks!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Very nice gold painting! I'm wondering, did you sand it to get the excess paint off, or some thing else? Thanks!

I scraped it with an exacto blade, not sand it. I tried initially to wipe it with a cloth but it didn't worked so well. The sanding also didn't worked as the dust would fill the holes where the paint was.The scrapping did the trick.

Alexandru

For all my builds please visit my site at: http://www.AlexShipModels.com

Previous builds

It's beautiful work on the gilding, Alexandru.   I like the way you did the steps and the "roof" also.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

G'day Alexandru

Again Bravo!

Great website!

One question thought, how did you make the arch and curved fancy timber work the on curved area? See photo below. Can't wait for for your next mind boggling log!

Havagooday mate

Greg

post-16911-0-60701000-1457922112.jpg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Thank you so much for sharing your techniques. I was a bit of a bummy to ask after I saw what you did.

Thanks a million Alexandru.

Greg

Edited by Greg the peg leg sailor

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Very nice work on the Ebony Alexandru, it is a tough wood to work.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Hi Alexandru,

While I've never been a big fan of HMS Victory models I can't help but follow your work on this one.  It's over-the-top nice,,,,, just gorgeous!  When you are finished with it I hope it ends up in a place where it can be viewed by lots of people.  Anything less would be a crime.  You are quite the craftsman, a true artist.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Tom

I really wish to become 48 times smaller for an hour to crawl inside this amazing replica. Tom is right, you are building a piece that is above the average museum quality!

Alexandru,

Your ship is sooo beautiful. Everytime I visit your new postings, I tell myself that I can't possibly be once again in awe of your work. But yes every visit has new  magic for the eyes and the senses.

Tom is right this work NEEDS to be seen by many - It deserves to be. And NOT against a wall. A "walk around" is a must. Brilliant indeed.

In fact, in my humble opinion, it should be on display aboard the HMS Victory, to give the millions who visit her an incredible miniature view of the actual build plank by plank

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Alexandru,wow,this has got to be the most spectacular models of Victory I have seen.I am not a big fan of too much paint on my own models,I would rather let the beauty of the timber shine through,so your build appeals to me greatly :wub:  :wub:  :wub: .

Stunning work!

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

G'day Alexandru

I'm like everyone else, we are in total respect of your craftsmanship! I'm so glad that you have taken your time to take photos of even the smallest detail, from start to finish.

I'm haven't used ebony myself, but I believe it's very brittle, so its is amazzzzzzzzing how you bent it in your previous photolesson.

Again brilliant mate.

Havagooday

Greg

Edited by Greg the peg leg sailor

Alexandru

I don't like looking as a parasite, but I'm all the time waiting for your updates for sucking the sap of shipbuilding from a master builder!

And once again my vampire-like thirst has been satisfied ;) I've just learned an easy and effective method to install the bowsprit-deck gratings: thank you so much!!!

Fam

Joint building:

Brick de 24, 1/48, jointly with Jack Aubrey (POB from Ancre plans)

Works in progress:

USS Constitution Cross Section, 1:93 (POF bashed from Mamoli kit)

Completed models:

Santìsima Trinidad, 1/90 (POB heavily modified DeAgostini kit)

Genoan Pinco, 1/50 (POB bashed from Euromodel plans - my current avatar)

Viking Knarr, 1/72 (POF from Dusek kit)

• 1 month later...