FREE Card Model Links

Here are 2 sites I have had in my favorite folder. (you may already know about these).

http://www.cardfaq.org/faq/freeb.html

http://www.paper-replika.com/ (dead link)

The only card model I have ever done was a clock kit that was from a Canadian manufacturer. It worked but it was slow. Meaning it lost 5 minutes every day.

Marc

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

• 8 months later...

Canon Creative park has several FREE paper model projects including some tall ships. They're not near as detailed as the Polish kits and rather toylike, but fun to build. Maybe a project to do with the kids/grandkids? Here's a link to Canon's Cutty Sark from the website:

http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/2027/cuttysark/index.html

"Any officer can get by on his sergeant. To be a sergeant you really have to know your stuff. I'd rather be an outstanding sergeant than just another officer." - SgtMaj Daniel J. Daly, USMC, 1921.

:piratebo5:Tom  :piratebo5:

Current Builds:

1. Revell's 1/96 USS Constitution 

2. Model Shipways 1/64 Niagara 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Bob,

That's been the case for years now. The gentleman who originally maintained the card modeling FAQ passed away, and that site has not been updated since then.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

• 9 months later...

http://www.navy-marine.forces.gc.ca/en/navy-life/youth-paper-models.page

There's a couple of versions of an RCN Maritime Coastal Defense Vessel there for anyone that is interested. Free, of course.

Under Construction

HMAV  Bounty, Artesania Latina, 1/48 Scale

Completed

18th Century Long Boat, Model Shipways, 1/48 Scale

Drift boat, scratch build, c. 1/12 Scale

Bluenose, Model Shipways, 1/64 Scale

• 6 months later...

Here is a link to Paper Shipwright, who have free downloads. And another from them of HMVS Cerberus, which was my first card model. Turned out fairly well. It comes in a printed version, which costs GBP 8.50, or a free download which you can print out yourself.

Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Speaking of Paper Shipwright, I see that David has revamped his web site. It is much improved in both look and function. AND (best part) he has increased the number of free models!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

• 3 months later...

That website (Paper Shipwright) has a model of CGS Canada, and it's at a reasonable scale. I am putting some serious thoughts into buying the paper kit and adapting it into a plank on bulkhead/mixed media model because I have always loved the lines of that vessel and she's so delightfully obscure.

Under Construction

HMAV  Bounty, Artesania Latina, 1/48 Scale

Completed

18th Century Long Boat, Model Shipways, 1/48 Scale

Drift boat, scratch build, c. 1/12 Scale

Bluenose, Model Shipways, 1/64 Scale