Royal Louis 1780 by Ulises Victoria - FINISHED - Mamoli - Scale 1/90 - French 126-gun ship

Ulises.

Yes nice work with the long boats - Good luck with your move as well

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Congratulations on finishing the gun rigging!:champagne::36:

The ships boats look great as well. All the best for the new house.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your comments and likes!!! Really appreciated :)

I am so aware of that Arthur. Here is another:

Q: What is a flat surface?

A: A flat surface is something to put things on!

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

• 2 months later...

Hello all. Pretty small update with only words.

I moved all my shipbuilding stuff to my new house. The working tables have been installed all around the room. Unfortunately, my camera quit working, so I have no photos at the moment. Today I am expecting the truck that will move my stuff to my new home. All kitchen and laundry appliances, two 49" smart tvs, and a few of my mom's most cherished furniture. As soon as my new camera arrives will post photos of everything, especially my new ship workshop. I'm so excited!!! :)

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

That's all good news Ulises, wish you luck with the move

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, friends. Here is a small update, more aimed at the status of my house/workshop moving/mounting status.

If you see in the next photos that there is a total mess... is because there is. :)

You can see the newly placed worktables all around the room. Also my stash of built ships are here. Some of these, (well, actually all of them) are in need of some cleaning and repairing work). Those boxes covered with a black plastic trash bags contain La Santa María, La Pinta and La Niña. Plastic Heller's 1/75 version. You may see below the tables a box containing Heller's 1/100 Soleil Royale, which I plan to build now that I have room to work on two projects at a time. A wooden one and a plastic one seem to me a good way to break boredom. :)

Boxes with all kinds of stuff have been piled up in the room that will be my ship building workshop. The chore will be opening them and sorting what's inside, which can be: shipbuilding tools and assorted items, kitchen and tableware and assorted items, pen making tools and assorted items, music and guitar books and assorted items, assorted items :)

Definitive moving day is now very close. Can't wait!!!! :)

59c6f423b57c7_RoyalLouis(1742).thumb.JPG.e75c35a89ddcba75d9312455f257b16f.JPG59c6f42453083_RoyalLouis(1741).thumb.JPG.03084c34a21f65b36d60feaafcf1f5e3.JPG59c6f424e8974_RoyalLouis(1740).thumb.JPG.d131c3410f9f3abceee233a825380355.JPG59c6f425835d3_RoyalLouis(1739).thumb.JPG.4d7ba8b9f50a6810c09c925ce7093881.JPG

Edited by Ulises Victoria

Good luck with the move, they can be quite stressful.  Looks like you have moved your models Ok - quite the collection you have.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thank you Pat. I moved my ships in my car, two per trip. Only minor damage was a broken tip of the main mast of my Vasa, very easily fixed. :)

It should be a pretty sweet shop when done,good luck

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, ronald305 said:

great work so far on the Royal Louis Ulises may I ask where you got the book on her I would love to find a book on the Royal 

Louis as I also have the kit 

Ronald 

Hello Ronald. I don't have any book about the Royal Louis specifically, and believe me I have looked for it. You may be referrieng to a photo in one in my previous posts. Sorry to dissapoint you but that is a notebook I had made with the photo of the kit's photo on the cover to use as a log book.

I wish I knew. :)

Due to several personal matters I had to put on hold building in general.  But I am very excited because this morning I saw the end of those troubling issues and I will re-start my build as soon as this very week. Thanks for you interest Ronald. 

Best regards 

ok  I'll be looking forward to watching the finish I was wondering if I can get your permission to copy all of your 

post and photos of this build or do I need the permission of the administrator because it will help me when I ever start mine after my Victory is finished thank you 

Ronald 

I feel very honored that you consider my work as some sort of guide for yours. Of course you can use all my material as you see fit. If anything I'd only ask that if you post that material in other sites, give credit where credit is due. 😉

I'm sorry Ulises 

I have a couple of  questions for you  the replacement boats you got from model expo were they the correct scale for the Royal  Louis 1/90 scale, are they a set of boats and are they still available, for future reference thank you 

.       Ronald 

The boat kits I got from ME were very close to scale, but they were really cumbersome to make. I finished one and was so unhappy with the result that I ended up using the ones in the kit. I took the challenge to make them look like wood. I'll post some photos when starting my build again.

Hi UV, glad to hear you are ontop of the personal issues and will be back with your great build again soon; look forward to your next update (when ever it is - life comes first) :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thank you Pat. Fortunately those issues were of the positive nature: buying a new house, moving, all things involving furnishing a new home, new workshop, finding a place for already built ships, and a long etc. Took me almost a year, but I am on track again. 

Best regards. 

Ulises,

Glad to read that your shipyard will be opened again!

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

FINALLY!!! I finished with the cleaning and fixing of my previously built ships, some of which I had neglected and now I'm paying the consequences. They are now placed in my living room on their respective tables and covers which I had made for that purpose. So my workshop is now  free of pending maintenance work and I can now proceed to continue my Royal Louis build. Here is a photo-mini-tour of my new living room and how it looks with all the ships in their place.

First here is my RL ready for action in the workshop.

IMG_0027.thumb.jpg.241541b996d2381245235ae90f06ff0e.jpg

First in the row: Golden Hinde (plastic) and Artesania Latina Endeavour

IMG_0043.thumb.jpg.dd3ec1308cfb773ed9c0708b82e381fe.jpg

My fireplace with Excalibur on the wall :)

IMG_0036.thumb.jpg.564c5e971d033bb45de9b63e1bafa29e.jpg

My Chess table

IMG_0037.thumb.jpg.8e59549ed2252490137ee09635699fd0.jpg

My guitar collection

IMG_0038.thumb.jpg.c3d4a214ddc65e029f24c58638e9f43e.jpg

The San Juan Bautista

IMG_0039.thumb.jpg.cc510c9b71d2fccf792cc49660ea9700.jpg

Artesania Latina Bounty

IMG_0040.thumb.jpg.44b55a8e93af922e083866d0aaff2d64.jpg

Corel Vasa

IMG_0041.thumb.jpg.5ee5a153ecd2d19f39f3b82240a88097.jpg

Wide views.

IMG_0042.thumb.jpg.7e13f85fdd3d2a8f5029b58d325f3dd3.jpg

IMG_0044.thumb.jpg.5fce8efffe6c63451f0b96790fadf2f3.jpg

I have to say I am very happy with everything that has been happening to me in these last year. No doubt someone is watching over me from above. (love you and miss you Mom!!!)

Que tal Ulises:

I'm glad that things are going well for you and that you're going back to model making. Let's see when I can go to Monterrey to see your new house and how you have fixed it.

Felicidades!!!

Karl

Thank you Karl. Let me know when you are coming to Mty. You will have to plan to spend a whole evening to come to visit. My house is exactly 50 kms from the Rotonda in La Colonia del Valle. Saludos.