HMS Victory by Paul0367 - Constructo - Scale 1:94 - First wooden ship build

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Paul (Sir), Hope all is going great for you and family this new year! I have been beginning the rigging phase of HMS VICTORY, but still have not completed the windows.  Can you email me pictures of the windows Port, Starboard and Stern shots please, thank you! Rich

email address: fxitgood@aol.com

Hi. Happy New Year to you and yours, regards the windows, look back at my build pages 5/6/7 the info you seek is on there my friend. My build is going very slow / stopped for a while, the rigging and and added details are very taxing and I am trying to get into doing them. Life and other things get in the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my first spar, very little information how to actually attach them but I have not got the mast fitted yet so That's a future issue. I am going to have all parts (Spars) made ready and just grab them when needed. Canon bolts also added, I have been flicking across jobs, canons & spars to prevent the jobs being monotonous.

post-11858-0-55839700-1454784291_thumb.jpg

post-11858-0-53895700-1454784314_thumb.jpg

post-11858-0-98582900-1454784761_thumb.jpg

I always loved Constructo cannon, they always looked great no matter what kit I built of thiers and I can't say that with all kits Artesania Latina being one of them. This Victory is going to be a real beauty when she is finished. I can't wait to see her sitting in port waiting for her departing orders. Your doing a great job on her Paul.

mike

• 2 weeks later...

Paul (Sir), Working on the windows on the stern, port and starboard. Since the windows are reset in some what, I need to do some very fine and detailed sanding. Do you have a recommendation on micro detailed sanding tools that are available. Thank You, Very respectfully, Rich

• 1 month later...

Paul,

All is looking fantastic, just moved house and now need to set up my workshop, my build of the Constructo Victory has been delayed and delayed and I cannot wait to get started. I think my build will be made easier with your excellent ships build log. Thanks for sharing your experiences, trials and tribulations.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm making quite good progress with the spars but anyone who reads my build knows I tend to get fed up and then leap ahead and return later to job in hand. This time I jumped to the rigging of the mast and part of the supports for the spars.

Oh, this is the point where our friends at constructo decided to bail out and leave us to fend for ourselves, stopping with info and pictures, word, thanks. Well I have a book / bible and I am trying to duplicate what was once the way to go about rigging.

At this stage I have just fitted clamps to add weight to the ropes to produce the shape before the spars arrive.

post-11858-0-37937700-1460480435_thumb.jpg

post-11858-0-00360000-1460480464_thumb.jpg

looking good as always! ....

Constructo certainly have left us to our own imagination when it comes to the rigging - very limited to the detail of where all the ropes are supposed to go!

What is the title of that book Paul ? - the pictures look much more informative than the book on rigging that I am trying to decipher! :)

Yikes, they want $175 used from Amazon here in Canada. Sounds very good though. Thanks for the reference.

Ian

Paul, lovely work, I am also using the Alan McGowan book and the Longbridge book, plus a couple of build logs on MSW,

I have just moved my build back into the Mancave after a few months due to doggie training, also like you I tend to go backwards and forwards in the build process, which in the long term does not save any time, by the time you have worked out what has still to be done,

hopefully will be back onto it this weekend after some DIY projects

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

the alister McGowan book is from £23 on Amazon in the UK (must be about (about $30 on conversion)

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

MMM I don't understand where $175 came from, full list price on the book in the uk is £40 which is $56,81.

Spars factory still churning out parts

Hey I was looking at reviews for this kit on Amazon and someone has left one stating 4 months solid build, What? Still don't think I could manage double that time. Mike, I mooched on your build and wow she looks stunning in her (library) resting place.

post-11858-0-37154400-1460899671_thumb.jpg