Pandora by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:52

And the bar just keeps getting higher and higher.  Incredible job.  You are leaving the realm of hobbiest and entering artist.

Tom

And the bar just keeps getting higher and higher.  Incredible job.  You are leaving the realm of hobbiest and entering artist.

Tom

Tom you are almost correct, not hobbiest but PROFESSIONALISM. To be more to the point.

Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hi Marsalv, 

I haven't been following your or actually any build log recently but I have to say just WOW!!! Simply amazing!!! I have almost fell of the chair watching it! :)

Great, great work!!! This is going to be another beauty built by your hands!

Unfortunately my work on ship modeling is not on hold as my current hobby is our little daughter so not sure when I will have time to get back to it. But the time will come (hopefully :D).

Best regards,

Jan

Current build: Royal Caroline by Panart

First completed build: Golden Star by Mantua

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for comments, but you are not right now.

I'm not satisfied with the already finished parts (lower and upper cheeks), and so I decided to make them again. It's hard for me to explain it with my bad english, but used wood has a distinctive structure across the fiber and on the manufactured parts is this structure too visible. I had to choose another orientation of parts on wood.

A few minor details is completed - wash cant, gammonig chock, bolster nad lining in the hawse holes.

post-382-0-83386200-1467791498.jpg

post-382-0-13750400-1467791500.jpg

post-382-0-03827500-1467791501.jpg

post-382-0-72911000-1467791501.jpg

a beautiful build !

those nose rails look so fine, you sure perform an excellent scratching technique.... :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

And I thought the "old" ones looked great.  These are above that..  Very nice.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Beautiful work, Marsalv.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Marsalv, I'm really impressed with the way the head timbers turned out on your Pandora.  A-1 job!   It's great the way you have combined the natural wood look along side objects that have been painted.  They complement one another so well, neither one looking "too strong".... beautifully balanced!

Tom

Edited by wyzwyk