Pandora by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:52

very plesant log to read

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

G'day Marsalv 

The guns are a bloody ripper (very good) on the deck. Love the tackles on the guns - well done mate.

Havagooday 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

A feast for the eyes, Marsalv.   Looks great.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello Marsalv,

excellent work on gun rigging! The ropes and blocks looks really real ;) I also like the finish of wood and colors you choise!

Alex

Current build: HMS Sphynx, 20 gun ship launched in 1775 at Portsmouth, Hampshire.

On the drawing board: HMS Anson, 64 gun third rate ship of the line, launched in 1781 at Plymouth

Banner_AKHS.png

Magnificent build!

I love the clean precise lines and manner you are working to.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

G'day Marsalv 

I must be hallucinating when I was looking at this incredible fabrication of the ship's stove.

The amount of fine details and craftsmanship is impossible to believe, but here it is, in front of me.

My admiral was also dumb founded when I showed it to her.

Bloody brilliant mate!

havagooday mate 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hola Marsalv:

ASTONISHING!!!!   What is the size of the stove?  What kind and/or size of micro-tools did you use to obtain those screw heads and the other little parts?  INCREIBLE!!

Saludos, Karl

Wow!!!!  <drops jaw to floor>

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you very much, I am very happy that you like my build:dancetl6:.

To Karl: The grid on the green mat (the white lines) is 1 cm. The screw heads are made form brass pins (see next picture), some part are etched, some parts are made with milling machine from brass sheet (different thickness).

So, the chemical blackening is done and the stove is now installed on the deck. I just regret that the stove will be almost impossible to see after deck planking..

P_514.jpg

P_512.jpg

P_513.jpg

P_511.jpg

P_510.jpg

P_509.jpg

image043.jpg

P_515.jpg

P_516.jpg

fantastic build!

one question, if I may. what is that red frame (for the lack of correct word - a newcomer here :D) in front of the stove, and why is it there? doesn't that make approach to the stove rather difficult? 

cheers!

Denis

cheers!

Denis

Current Build: HMS Pandora 3D modeling

Swan Class HMS Pegasus for Admiralty Models 3D Build

My other 3D work: Artstation

Thank you very much guys.

Denis - the red frame in front of the stove is called riding bitts. Citation from the Peter Goodwin´s book The Construction and Fitting of English Man of War:

These large timbers acted as securing point for cables which held the ship while riding at anchor. And why is the stove so close to the riding bitts - I have no idea:(.

Some new parts - ladders.

P_517.jpg

P_518.jpg

P_519.jpg

P_520.jpg

P_521.jpg

P_522.jpg

P_523.jpg

P_524.jpg

Hey howya goin Marsalv, I have to agree with Albert on this one Wonderful work cant wait to see the finished ship and love the stove.

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

the stove is réalistic.

to see it ,u could just do the half deck planking..

and we can see the great chamber too

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

• 2 weeks later...