Pandora by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:52

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys, the answer to the jdbondy question: See the picture in my post dated 4 August. There is an aid tool which I use to make networks. After thread stretching is important thoroughly to overlap the netting with diluted PVA glue. After drying is possible to cut the netting into the required shape.

Work is now slower, thanks to my own stupidity, I often have to make some parts agani and again:angry:. Some pictures from lower mast production for today.

P_682.jpg

P_683.jpg

P_684.jpg

P_681.jpg

P_685.jpg

P_686.jpg

P_687.jpg

P_688.jpg

P_689.jpg

P_690.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Marsalv,

I don’t know how I have missed this log for so long, but I found it today and read the whole thing from the beginning.  It is easily one of the finest builds on MSW.  I can’t offer praise higher than that which you received so far, but I do wish to add my thanks for sharing it with us.

Best,

John

Edited by Landlocked123

Member:

Connecticut Marine Model Society

Nautical Research Guild

Model Ship World

"So we beat on, boats against the current, bourne back ceaselessly into the past" F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby

"If at first you don’t succeed.......skydiving is probably not for you”

Marsal....

Been a while since my last visit to your incredible Pandora build.  What can I say that has not been said by so many fellow artists.  

You sir, truely stand apart from all mortals who, like myself, can only admire your skills from afar.  Very thankful am I for this forum where we can enjoy such masterful work from the likes of yourself, Ed T, and so many other great masters of the art.

Thank you a thousand times over.

Now, after spending four hours catching up, please excuse me while I walk out to my shop and set my current project afire.

Dave

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

The end result of this project will be "priceless"............superbly done!!!!

Built & De-Commissioned: HMS Endeavour (Corel), HMS Unicorn (Corel),

Abandoned: HMS Bounty (AL)

Completed : Wappen Von Hamburg (Corel), Le Renommee (Euromodel)... on hold

Current WIP: Berlin by Corel

On Shelf:  HMS Bounty (Billings),

First of all I would like thank you all for very very nice comments - I am very happy for that:wub:. And now the answer for Greg´s (dvm27) qustion: the wooden woolding hoops are made from very thin pear plank - dimesions are 0,4 x 1,0 mm. This plankmust be thoroughly moistened in water and then it can be carefully wrapped around the corresponding round rod. Both end of the planks are fixed and after drying (preferably overnight) you get a wooden spiral from which the individual rings are then cutted - see picture.

And now a few new photos - lower mast tops. It remains to add rail, deadeyes and blocks - it will be made after coloring.

image111.jpg

P_694.jpg

P_695.jpg

P_696.jpg

P_697.jpg

Albert, Dirk - thank you for comments. Dirk, I spend most of my time building a Pandora and I do not have much time to watch other posts, but I must say that your work on USS Confederacy is also wonderful.

Lower masts are finished with colouring, tops are completed by deadeyes and railings.

P_705.jpg

P_706.jpg

P_707.jpg

P_708.jpg

P_709.jpg

P_710.jpg

P_711.jpg

P_712.jpg

Since I was also busy with the construction of the masts I look with great interest on your masts with equipment for the Pandora.
Your Pandora is a wonderful model, a masterpiece of model making.
Just as high quality are the associated masts.

If I had just 10% of your skills I would be a very proud individual.

Built & De-Commissioned: HMS Endeavour (Corel), HMS Unicorn (Corel),

Abandoned: HMS Bounty (AL)

Completed : Wappen Von Hamburg (Corel), Le Renommee (Euromodel)... on hold

Current WIP: Berlin by Corel

On Shelf:  HMS Bounty (Billings),

Marsalv,

I have been following your build log for a long time and I must tell you, I use the high quality and precision of your work as something to aspire to.  Don't know if I will ever get to that level but it is fun trying.  Thanks for sharing your build and inspiring me.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...