Pandora by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:52

Congratulations!!!!  clapping.gif.3ea4b139cf7434112446928fdda7a43a.gifclapping.gif.3ea4b139cf7434112446928fdda7a43a.gifclapping.gif.3ea4b139cf7434112446928fdda7a43a.gifclapping.gif.3ea4b139cf7434112446928fdda7a43a.gifclapping.gif.3ea4b139cf7434112446928fdda7a43a.gifclapping.gif.3ea4b139cf7434112446928fdda7a43a.gifclapping.gif.3ea4b139cf7434112446928fdda7a43a.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Congratulations on the medal and on the beautiful model.

Ed

A wonderful job, congratulations!

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Congratulations, Marsalv.  Well deserved.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Beautiful work Marsalv. :imNotWorthy: I'm looking forward to a personal tour of your boat at the Czech Championship 2018 !!!!

Ondras.

Done : President - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=90230
Under construction : Roter Lowe - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=114576

Member of the organizing clubhttps://wchs-c-2023.klom-admiral.cz/en

Congratulations on making a beautiful model and being recognized for it.  It was well deserved.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marsalv

Can I add my congratulations to the list - even without seeing the competition it was a given that your superb work should have been rewarded as it was and I suspect Pandora will generate even more Gold wherever you choose to show it in the future.

I was late to your build but have just gone through it in one sitting and intend going back through it again post by post with a pen and paper to record all the tips and techniques you have so generously shared with all of us here.  I was particularly struck with your extensive use of milling to achieve the beautiful clean square edges on all of your work with no round off apparent to me at least from sanding.

Look forward to your "Le Gros Ventre POF" with eager anticipation and hope to get in on the front row this time. Thank you for the hours of pleasure you have given me looking through your build and the skills you have generously shared.

Regards Pete

Edited by PeteB
typo

Wonderful , wonderful , wonderful!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing....Moab

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

Congratulations Marsalv, a beautiful model and a well deserved medal.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how I missed your log before.  Absolutely spectacular!  Congratulations on finishing such a beautiful model.

Current builds:

Wingnut Wings AMC DH9

Model Shipways 1/48 Longboat

Model Shipways 1/24 Grand Banks Dory

Soon to start:

Fully framed Echo

Completed builds:

East Coast Oyster Sharpie

Echo Cross Section

1/48 Scratchbuilt Hannah from Hahn plans

1/64 Kitbashed Rattlesnake from Bob Hunt practicum

1/64 Brig Supply

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/2/2018 at 10:40 AM, marsalv said:

So finally, after about 3750 hours, I got to the finish:champagne:.

Thanks to everyone for watching my log and I would like to invite you to watch my next building log - Le Gros Ventre POF.

P_931.jpg

P_932.jpg

P_933.jpg

P_934.jpg

P_935.jpg

P_936.jpg

P_937.jpg

P_938.jpg

She's a real beauty, what's your next project?

Cheers,

Daniel

In dockyard: HM Colonial Schooner for Port Jackson (scratch), HM Armed Vessel Bounty, HM Cutter Sherbourne

Next builds: HMS Victor 1797 & Gannet 1814 Cruiser class sloops, ship and brig rigged (scratch)