dgbot

What happens when you get old

397 posts in this topic

I forgot a few things the other day and my sister forgot where she put her phone ten min. after she put ot down.  Reminds me of this fellow

David B

post-227-0-35471300-1404152643_thumb.png

I just reach "that age"...  Picked up my new glasses on saturday that feature progressive lenses, ie bifocals without the line.......  at least I remember where i set them though!  (for now.)

Jerry

CaptainSteve likes this

Lost the vision in my right eye because of of stroke a few years ago. I frequently find myself workings under or inside whatever needs my attention. That loss, other than depth perception,  made my tri-focals much easier to live with, one eye no longer looking through one lens while the other uses another because of head tilt.

If working in cramped spaces with bi-focals or tri-focals put a patch on one eye, the mutterings will tone down a bit. The things we never expected to learn as life progresses. Fairly well adapted now but it is frustrating to need to shoot left handed with my rifles, still use the right hand with revolvers. :dancetl6:         :pirate41: 

jud

augie likes this

CRSS - Can't Remember Stuff Syndrome.   I have it bad lately.

Or CRAFT - Can't Remember A F@$&ing Thing!

That's why we have build logs - so we can remember where we're up to and how we did that part last time! :P

Your model takes twice as long

You put your tools down and forget where you put them and it takes several minutes to find them again.

mij

Cuda1949, cog, dgbot and 4 others like this

I do remember that I started to count backwards so I wouldn't get old, but now I forget what age I am. Hmm still can't remember. Heck one time I forgot how to call 911 had to ask. LMAO. In some ways it is nice getting as long as you remember.

CaptainSteve likes this

At work they said I was a 85 year old masquerading as a 55 yr old.

DavidB

I asked my doctor if I should be worried about forgetting where I put my keys. He said that's fine, you should only get worried when you don't know what keys are for. This means so far I'm good!

Richard

Bindy and jud like this

Was it Bart Simpson or Billy Connolly who said that he didn,t want to learn anything more cause his brain was full and if he did he would have to forget something to leave room . I can,t remember who said it and i,m only 55 , what my wife calls a    Seniour Moment !!!

It's alright to forget where you left the keys......... You know the years are catching up with you when you have to think hard as to where you left the car!!!

True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine...

Bindy and kiwiron like this

You think more and do less...

Even a veteran you feel like rookie...

But the benefit of your age, clearly can be seen on your models.

Thx

The other day I complained to a friend about something he forgot to do.

He just shrugged and replied:

– Yeah, well. I have had Alzheimer’s for as long as I can remember.

Per

Let's see, When I kneel my knee's pop, when I get back up I need something to push against. Which hurts my back. Several times I've had to get a new wardrobe - larger... I'm shorter. My hip hurts and an old knee injury hurts that hasn't since the 9th grade. 3 lenses in my glasses and none of the work right. My work bench is a mess because I'm afraid to put anything away... I have bursitis in my left hip, The bottoms of my feet hurt within 5 minutes of standing. which I do for hours when I'm working on a model. Or standing here typing.

Some good news is, the wife gets mad at me for forgetting to do "stuff" and does it herself... Snicker snicker.

Cuda1949, dadodude and WackoWolf like this

Did I say this already, I forget.

It sounds familiar but I forget where I heard it before.

WackoWolf likes this

I have the same problem with my forgetting too. I forget my pass words to different sites and have to go through the process. My is so messed up I had to and take a test to see how bad it has. I forgot what doctor is and lost the card w/ date-time-location.

I don't believe we are having a loss of memory, I think there little tiny that are aliens stealing or hiding things and even our minds. 

One day when my Dad - really was - first getting into his Alzheimers, and just starting to forget where he was going and how to get home, my Mom called him on his cell phone to warn him some idiot was driving the wrong way on the express way. My Dad bellows, "what the hell? They're ALL going the wrong way!!"

maso, WackoWolf and Cuda1949 like this