San Salvador by warship - CARD

Tony,

I'm moving this to the kit log area and adding a few things to the title.  It really should be in the kit log section.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Mark,

Thank you, and sorry that post at wrong place.

:cheers:

Tony

No worries, Tony.  MSW is a big place and it's easy to misplace a post. :cheers:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Tony,

Tell us a little about the kit.  Where did you get it/who made it?  What do you think of it?  What is your interest in the San Salvador?

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for replying my post.

This is a great kit, I like it a lot, so surprised that it can be built with paper.

I found this kit while surfing Model Ship World Forums:

modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1659-san-salvador-free-paper-model/

and I think it is provided by Maritime Museum

http://www.sdmaritime.org/shop/san-salvador-collection/downloadsansalvadormodel.html

One comment to this kit is rigging, I think it is simplify version of rigging for this kit, currently I'm trying to rigging it with wood pieces, but I don't have detail rigging info for San Salvador, what I can do is reference to those pictures took by people whom visited museum.

Last thing...regarding why I'm interested in San Salvador, I was living in California around 4 years. :bird-vi:

Tony

Edited by warship

Tony,

Thanks.  After asking the question, I found the download on the Museum site.  I probably should have known it was there, since our club is affiliated with the Museum.  From what I hear, they will be launching San Salvador in September or October.

Your model looks great!.

Edited by Chuck Seiler

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

Tony, I downloaded this awhile back. Now I am able to see what it looks like. From what I have seen you are doing a bang up job. I have just started the Maine in card. The good thing is if you make a mistake you can redo it. Not to many times though unless you like to buy ink alot. Keep up the good work.

David B

Hi Chuck, David,

Thank you.

If you are going to build it, I found that build instruction might has several typo.

1. page 5, figure 2, #34 should be a, b, c from top to down, instead of c, b, a.

2. page 7, figure 5, #22d should be #35

3. page 7, figure 5, #22, #23 is for the deck after main mast.

Besides, some parts are missing

1. part #27 missing two piece

2. part #37, #38 and #39 needs to print two copies for both top and bottom side.

and I installed #40 inside of freeboard between forecastle and quarter deck, since instructions doesn't mention about it.

Tony