Bluenose by 7Provinces – Billing Boats – 1:75 - first wooden ship build

the tree nailing is something I hardly do.  most of the kits I've done were smaller scales..........it would be the flip of a coin if they'd be seen or not.   it's good to see your back at the table.   you could try using a syringe to fill the tree nail holes in.   most fillers are water based.........a wipe with a damp cloth and you'll never see any staining.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 8 months later...

Wow I just returned from being offline for a while only to find... well nothing at first. I could not find my posts, my content, and almost everything I used to.

So now I am getting used to the "new" forum. Well it looks good and works nice. Soon enough I'll find my way around it and all is well again ;)

In the meanwhile my Bluenose is in the basement waiting for its turn. The house is almost finished and a part of the basement will be my working area. I hope to finish that somewhere in spring or summer and look forward to be able to start modelling again.

I'll be back ;-D

Fair winds and following seas,

Jan-Willem

current build: Billing Boats Bluenose "the anonymous schooner" (enhanced-bashed-scratched-whatever) in a scale between 1:55 and 1:69

• 1 year later...

;) yes that was last year..

Since my last real "build-log" post I have built a house (well had it built for the most part) and I am still busy getting my workspace ready for modelling. And building things for in the house and all that stuff you do in and around a house.

So, not quite back in the saddle yet but sharpening the blades, cooking up the glue and mixing the paint so to say :D

Fair winds and following seas,

Jan-Willem

current build: Billing Boats Bluenose "the anonymous schooner" (enhanced-bashed-scratched-whatever) in a scale between 1:55 and 1:69

looking forward to your return :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Jan-Willem for checking in on me and my Santa Maria....

it is coming along very nicely and I am pleased with the skills I picked up with my Bluenose build.  Look forward to seeing some progress on your build!

Julian

Billing Boats - Bluenose

Caldercraft - Bomb Vessel Granado

Mamoli - Santa Maria