10mtr Fishing Trawler Propitious by kees de mol - FR-927 1/26 Scale - Finished

Hello Kees,

it Looks so realistic with the weathered paint and those hydraulic tubes, well done !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

I agree with Nils.  If it weren’t for the grain of the wood you would never know.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Thanks for the comments people. It means a lot to me. Today I worked on the netroll and I used a bath scrubbings sponge... :opuff-spons-donkerblauw-400x500_zps80e685Next update I will show.

Regards, Kees

Hi Kees. I think you're hiding a secret from all of us! Go on, admit it, you're really a professional modeller and you're building this extremely high quality model for a remake of the "Perfect Storm" movie. Seriously, your modelling skills and weathering techniques are so real, that your model could easily be used in the movies. Well done!

Edited by Omega1234

Thanks for the compliments. I am just a humble modelship enthousiast and I am glad the results of my work are okay. I see a lot of models here wich are far more better constructed then my work but I like to visit this site to improve my own skills. To contribute to this forum I will place my models here and I am glad its being appriciated. Next update soon.

Greetings (groetjes in Dutch), Kees

The next job was the netroll. I started painting and weathering and after this I placed the net on the roll. Voor netting I use bathsponges wich have nice netting if you cut the string holding them together. I also painted and weathered the trawldoors wich are made from aluminium so no rust this time.

puff-spons-donkerblauw-400x500_zps80e685

P1020099_zpsbaad2b2a.jpg

P1020104_zps97a07927.jpg

P1020100_zps8ca13270.jpg

P1020108_zpsdd693917.jpg

P1020108_zpsdd693917.jpg

Hi Kees.  Impressive as always!  If you are able to, can you pls explain how you changed the colour of the netting from white to green?  

Also, a model as weathered as yours, deserves a special display stand.  Have you given any thought as to what type of display stand you'll end up using?  Perhaps a diorama type display with fishing equipment, netting, crates, etc, etc?

All the best!

Hoi Kees, impressive indeed!  Love the weathering you have been able to do, very realistic.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

.....and to think I looked all over the place,  trying to find stuff like this!   I have been settling for tulle,  when all the while I could have been using the admiral's ..........ohhhh.....your gonna get me in trouble for sure!  ;)  :D  :D

I really like the crane.....such a superb ship!  love it!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

wunderbar Kees !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Hello,

No words but deeds, so for today more pictures than talking. I am busy with all kind of (paint)jobs and the ship is approaching its completion

P1020134_zps5e9fe555.jpg

P1020135_zpsa45b2a8f.jpg

P1020136_zpsdb551978.jpg

P1020139_zpsb175b020.jpg

P1020132_zps06a0862f.jpg

P1020133_zpsaf4795a0.jpg

P1020141_zpscc29f125.jpg

P1020143_zpsabd2a874.jpg

P1020145_zpsbb9b44a7.jpg

P1020144_zps1f11540d.jpg

Regards, Kees

The subtleness of the rust in some places, like the radar mounts, is just fantastic.

Bob

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

looks super Kees.......are you going to add to the pilot house?   great technique!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

MARVELOUS WORK Kees!!  Realism to the extreme and worthy of a museum exhibit.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 2 weeks later...

Today I made some final pictures  of finishes model on the beach. Hope you enjoyed reading this thread, I'll be back with some other trawler in an other thread.

Regards, Kees

En hier zijn de eindfoto's

P1020308_zps5bcc0b03.jpg

P1020255_zps4ef8e2fc.jpg

P1020260_zpscd8de99c.jpg

P1020257_zps04232a02.jpg

P1020262_zpsf95d267a.jpg

P1020264_zps3ef79e6a.jpg

P1020265_zpsaf73a565.jpg

P1020263_zps19a5398c.jpg

P1020268_zps79868fe1.jpg

P1020266_zps6f7a5e81.jpg

P1020267_zps2b791ce3.jpg

WONDERFUL !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

It just looks right at home at the beach.  Very well done, Kees.   :cheers:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Beautifully done.

Bob

simply a beautiful model Kees............your depth in the detail is just amazing.   I tried like heck to see inside the pilot house....I can just imagine what you did in there  ;)    I hope you used these pictures for the gallery.....they are stunning!   congratz,  my friend on a superb job!   glad to meet you  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: