HMS Victory by Heinz746 - Caldercraft

lovely work

have a look at Gill middletons build, i love the way he approached his sequence of rigging,

the Longbridge book is essential IMHO

i have started my build so many times i dont know where i started rigging first, and no where good enough to give advice

i would point out that the bowspirit is going to be a real pain for now as it tends to hit everything 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

6 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

I love the fact that you used the natural colours of the wood to get contrast. Very very neat and tidy work. Great great model, you should be proud! ausgezeichnet!

thank you very much for your nice words.

And, yes, I am very proud of my model and what I did so far. But I know all the mistakes and want to make it better at the next model 🙂

Does anyone know if and when Chris Watton brings his Victory model kit on the market?

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

lovely work

have a look at Gill middletons build, i love the way he approached his sequence of rigging,

the Longbridge book is essential IMHO

i have started my build so many times i dont know where i started rigging first, and no where good enough to give advice

i would point out that the bowspirit is going to be a real pain for now as it tends to hit everything 

Thank you Kevin, 

Yes, Gil is one of my favorite too. I look to his blog so many times, again and again. 

I will continue to do my best...

-Heinz-

Hello Heinz, thank you for uploading these photos, your build is a masterpiece.  The detail and precision of your work is fascinating.  I could go through it times and times over to admire it. Congratulations.

Robert

Robert, Wallace, Boyd and Kevin!

I am touched, deeply moved and honored by your great compliments. Thank you so much !!!

@Wallace: I've learned so much from this forum myself that I'm happy and proud when others can learn something from my post.

@Boyd: You're right. I will now proceed stubbornly according to plan and look at every detail first, what I find in my books and - not least - in the forum with the other model makers to do so.

@ Kevin: I hope that I can fascinate you with my work even longer :-)))

But as you can see here: Sometimes I had some help with building my model. But mostly they were busy with themselves 🙂

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

• 1 month later...

Time for a new update. In the meantime, my Victory has turned 6 years old. No idea when she finally grew up.

I started with the foremast now. As always, I only  use my own walnut wood. It's very nice, but hard to work with, because it's very hard. This makes it very tedious and exhausting. In addition, I do not suggest the metal bands around the mast with an adhesive strip and paint, but they made of wood. That also means a lot of filing and sanding.

As you can see, I already started with the Mastheat. For the small wooden slats I needed new wood, which I had to wait a few days for.

Of course, everything is just plugged together and not yet glued. I hope I do not overlook important steps. I look regularly in my books and here in the forum. Thanks to Gil and Kevin and the others for the many great pictures, where I can orient myself!

All in all I am not as far as I would like to be. Everything takes a long time. And in addition I have rebuilt something in my cellar. I got a large wooden table (2 x 1 meter) and cleared out the old workbenches and kitchen cabinets. That stole me a weekend :-).

I wish a nice Sunday!

-Heinz-

376 - 10.12.2018.jpg

377 - 21.12.2018.jpg

378 - 22.12.2018.jpg

379 - 23.12.2018.jpg

380 - 25.12.2018.jpg

381 - 25.12.2018.jpg

382 - 26.12.2018.jpg

383 - 26.12.2018.jpg

384 - 30.12.2018.jpg

385 - 20.01.2019.jpg

386 - 20.01.2019.jpg

387 - 20.01.2019.jpg

388- 20.01.2019.jpg

389 - 20.01.2019.jpg

390 - 20.01.2019.jpg

391 - 10.02.2019.jpg

392 - 10.02.2019.jpg

393 - 10.02.2019.jpg

394 - 10.02.2019.jpg

Hello Heinz, very nice pictures.  It is looking really beautiful.  

Robert

Yours is everything i wanted to do with mine,  i will go home tonight look at mine and sigh

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Gorgeous work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

On 2/18/2019 at 3:14 PM, Kevin said:

Yours is everything i wanted to do with mine,  i will go home tonight look at mine and sigh

Kevin,

I was not home for a week and now I see your comment. Many Thanks! You are embarassing me. Unfortunately, my model is not that good. Especially since I'm not done yet. I will continue to try my best and use your blog as a guide.

- Heinz-

• 10 months later...

It is almost 1 year ago that I posted something new about my victory. Time for an update!

The foremast is now finished. I had already set the shrouds when I came across a dealer on the Internet that offers self-twisted ropes. I immediately decided to buy it and make the rigging on my model anew. Several hours of work for the garbage can ... but it was worth it, wasn't it?

398 - 09.03.2019.jpg

397 - 04.03.2019.jpg

395 - 04.03.2019.jpg

396 - 04.03.2019.jpg

399 - 10.03.2019.jpg

400 - 10.03.2019.jpg

401- 05.09.2019.jpeg

402 - 15.09.2019.jpeg

403 - 15.09.2019.jpeg

404 - 15.09.2019.jpeg

405 - 15.09.2019.jpeg

406 - 03.10.2019.jpeg

407 - 03.10.2019.jpeg

408 - 14.10.2019.jpeg

409 - 17.10.2019.jpeg

Excellent. Like the way you do, and also the very good pictures. Thank's for share

Current build : Sovereign of the Seas - Mantua 1:78 scale

Finished:        San John the Baptist - Cross section

Santisima Trinidad - Cross section                  Galery Santisima 

San John the Baptist ( San Juan Bautista)    Galery  San John

HMS Victory 1805 - Cross section - Corel 1:98 scale 

Panart (Mantua) 740 Battle Station          Battle Station Panart 740 Galerry

On Hold:        HMS Bounty 1:64   Mamoli MV39

5 hours ago, teloo said:

It looks really great. Are you sanding every piece of wood? Every piece of wood on your victory looks so smoth. regards Ludger

Thank you, Ludger. 

Of course I sand every part that I build. Due to the fact that I don't use paint, I use my own wood. I trim most parts to old with the black wood paste. And then I paint the wood with a matt wood varnish.

I am really glad you like the look.

🙂

She is looking Superb.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Looking really well done, sharp, clean and neat.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

Hello Heinz, was wondering when were we going to start seeing your amazing work on the Victory again.  It's a real pleasure following your build log.  The rigging is looking amazing.  

Robert

• 2 months later...

Hello Heinz. A very nice model! I am Martin from UK "OldMart" I have to say you have inspired me, however I shall be starting off small. I have just sent for a Mantua bow section model kit just to see how I get on, if I do half as good as you I shall be pleased. This is a very good site with lots of wonderful models and lots of information. I will be back when my model comes with some pictures hopefully.

Kind Regards Martin. Well done on your build.

1 hour ago, OldMart said:

Hello Heinz. A very nice model! I am Martin from UK "OldMart" I have to say you have inspired me, however I shall be starting off small. I have just sent for a Mantua bow section model kit just to see how I get on, if I do half as good as you I shall be pleased. This is a very good site with lots of wonderful models and lots of information. I will be back when my model comes with some pictures hopefully.

Kind Regards Martin. Well done on your build.

Hello Martin,

I am very happy about your compliment.
I also get a lot of inspiration from this page and the many great models here. I wouldn't have gotten this far without this site.
Have fun with your model. And please log in when you start. I would like to see it!

All the best!

-Heinz-

What an amazing level of workmanship  - really first class.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.