Caldercraft customer service

jwvolz

Just had a reply from John at Caldercraft. He says he is not aware of any problems with customers & I am very busy & got a lot of spam emails recently & genuine emails end up in the spam folder,he says it would help if a subject matter was put in the email.If there is a problem he will do his best to sort it out. Hope this helps, please do not "Shoot the messenger"! All the best Geoff

Edited by geoff

Hmm..... ostrich type  (Head--->Sand)?   Although I can see the problem with the spam bucket and subject line...

Ok.. I've got my coat, I'll go quietly. post-76-0-58594000-1412712077.png

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I rest my case. What hogwash!!! How many people send an email without filling in the subject box. Especially when it is addressing an important issue like the ones raised on this thread. What about the phone calls? People have made these as well with no result. Does he have a spam folder for phone calls too?

Hornet

Current Build: - OcCre Shackleton’s Endurance. 

Completed Ship Builds:

Caldercraft - HM Bark Endeavour. (in Gallery)

Caldercraft  - HMAV Bounty (in Gallery)

Caldercraft - HM Brig Supply (In Gallery)

Aeropiccola - Golden Hind

- Constitution

Clipper Seawitch (maker unknown - too long ago to remember!)

Corel - Victory

Modeller's Shipyard - A Schooner of Port Jackson - In Gallery

- Brig `Perseverance' - In Gallery

- Cutter `Mermaid'- In Gallery

- Sirius Longboat (bashed) - In Gallery

- Sloop Norfolk - In Gallery

Completed Cannon:   - French 18th Century Naval Cannon

- Napoleonic 12 pound field piece

- English 18th Century Carronade

Non Ship Builds - Sopwith Camel - Artesania Latina

- Fokker DR1 - Artesania Latina

Hooray!!!!!! Just checked my mailbox and my missing Caldercraft HMS Supply parts have finally arrived. Didn't take quite as long as The First Fleet to make the journey ....... But still 3 months is a bit much! Next to the part in the mailbox was a box set of DVD's - also shipped from England. It took exactly one week from the time it was ordered to arrive!!! Go figure???

Hornet

Completed Ship Builds:

- Constitution

Corel - Victory

well folks I've done my best, like I said. Please don't shoot the messenger!!!   P.S Hornet, I notice you have one Caldercraft kit under construction & two others awaiting construction,so they can't be that bad, can they !?

Edited by geoff

Yes Geoff, you did see one kit under construction and two on the shelf. They were all bought AT THE SAME TIME from Miniature Steam in Melbourne, Australia. Miniature Steam were great to deal with. I have no quarrel with them or the quality or price of the kits other than maybe the quality of the walnut second planking which is very splintery and poorly cut, in my opinion - and incidentally in the opinion of other contributors to this forum. My beef is the after sales service or lack of it from the company - or John Wright in particular. If I had not been very persistent, I don't think I would have received the parts that were missing from the kit. I'm not going to say any more about it as I think I and many others have expressed feelings of frustration rather forcefully already. Mr Wright, from what I read in your post, does not seem perturbed. Good luck to him, I will NOT be dealing with Caldercraft/ JoTika again. There are plenty of other quality manufacturers out there to choose from!

Hornet

Completed Ship Builds:

- Constitution

Corel - Victory

Leaving it. No point going any further.

Mike.

Previous Build: LA gun deck cross section.
Previous Build: Lancia Armata. Panart 1:16
Previous Build: HMS Pickle. Jotika Build.

HMS Triton cross section 1:32.

Shelved awaiting improved skills:

Chuck"s Cheerful.

Current build.

Tender Avos.

HM cutter Alert.

:

• 3 months later...

I'm sorting of resurrecting this thread, but just to let you guys know my experiences with Jotika/Caldercraft.

I finally got around to inventorying the parts in my kit, and found it was missing some parrel ribs, and it had an extra set of 7mm double-blocks instead of 5mm double-blocks. I emailed them on 01/04/15, and the parts were sent right off, free of charge, and I received them on 01/14/15. Couldn't be happier with the service I received from Jotika/Caldercraft, and they definitely seem to be on top of their emails now.

Excellent news!!!!!!! :) :)

Hornet

Completed Ship Builds:

- Constitution

Corel - Victory

• 2 months later...

I have good news as well as I just received my missing parts. From my original email dated August 2, 2014 and subsequent emails to Jotika in September and October, it was actually Cornwall Model Boats on a separate order to them, were they able to query Jotika on this matter, that finally had Mr. Wright get my parts sent via post.

Julian

Current: Mamoli - Friesland

Billing Boats - Dutch Sperwer

Finished: Billing Boats - Bluenose

Mamoli - Santa Maria

On Hold: Caldercraft - Bomb Vessel Granado

• 4 weeks later...

I'm relativity new at this game as you all know, reading this thread has me very concerned, I've just recently purchased Caldercrafts/Jotika's Victory and i didn't do an inventory check neither, I hope and pray I don't have the issues of missing parts like some of you on here.

I was strongly leaning towards putting Agamemnon on the shelf as a next build but this thread has clearly put me off of that. 

Edited by robert22564

I'm relativity new at this game as you all know, reading this thread has me very concerned, I've just recently purchased Caldercrafts/Jotika's Victory and i didn't do an inventory check neither, I hope and pray I don't have the issues of missing parts like some of you on here.

I was strongly leaning towards putting Agamemnon on the shelf as a next build but this thread has clearly put me off of that. 

All you need to do is simply give them a call if there are any issues. It will then be dealt with very quickly in my experience.

Jim
-----
Current builds:

HMS Snake
HMS Hood
Mechanical Solar System

Completed builds:

HMS Ballahoo

• 2 years later...

Hate to open an old thread but this is very interesting...

John from Caldercraft in August 2014 received my request for parts missing from a kit that I purchased and after waiting and waiting and after numerous subsequent requests, the parts were eventually received in March of 2015.

Some of my crankiness is outlined in the thread above...

Low and behold and pushing 4 years sine the original request, I get a package from England via Royal Mail with my missing parts... not sure if it was the first or second package that was sent that finally got delivered... I am wondering where in the mail delivery system did it get lost as the customs declaration slip looks to have the date of February 8, 2018.

Anyways, its a story...

IMG_2167.JPG

Julian

Current: Mamoli - Friesland

Billing Boats - Dutch Sperwer

Finished: Billing Boats - Bluenose

Mamoli - Santa Maria

On Hold: Caldercraft - Bomb Vessel Granado