AgesOfSail

Mamoli Fire

Hello All,

This is the first posting on our new agseofsail account here on MSW, and sadly it is to pass along some very bad news for the ship model community. 

We have just confirmed a report that the Mamoli manufacturing facilities and offices burned to the ground just recently. I haven’t heard if anyone was hurt in the fire and I don’t have an exact date of when this occurred. There is no word as to how long it will be before the company is up and running again, but we’ll pass along what we find out.

In the meantime we’ve temporarily pulled the Mamoli products from our website since we cannot now support parts replacements. We do, however, have a huge inventory of Mamoli kits, so feel free to give us a call if you’re looking for something. 

My apologies if this post is out of place. I would have posted in the dealers section, but really I just wanted to pass along the information about Mamoli and hope someone can jump in with additional info.

The Staff at Ages of Sail
Kevin, mtaylor and WackoWolf like this

Thanks for the info, I just read that Mamoli was going out if business due to the fire. Hope that they get back again!

I think for now, this will be a good place to leave this topic so it gets the widest distribution.

I was going to "Like" the original - as in "thanks for the information", but people might have got the wrong idea. 

It's sad news. I've never built a Mamoli model but I might have done in the future. Although kit manufacturers sometimes get knocked for inaccuracies etc, but so many of us got started with a kit it's a shame there's one less source available. We need as many people as possible be inspired by seeing a big box with a perfect sailing ship on the front.

Waitoa, justsayrow, jud and 6 others like this

Totally agree Richard and I have to confess that one of the things I liked about Mamoli kits was the packaging which made unboxing even more fun than usual!

Well that is sad news. I am building my first Mamoli kit, so it shocks me more. I agree that we need more ship kit manufacturers, not less. But maybe they will resurrect with a whole new approach, technology, materials,etc. Let's hope.

CaptainSteve likes this

Hope they were backing up all their data off site. The buildings, tooling, storage and packaging are all things,although expensive, that could be replaced fairly rapidly, not so the data. That data was built up over years and controls and direct all phases of model production. Then there are the suppliers, customer lists and the stored data collected for future use. It is the data that has the most value, if preserved it could be borrowed against. That money could then be used to rebuild the production facilities.

jud

WackoWolf likes this

Jud,

If they had proper fire and profits insurance they'll have no worries about getting back into business - provided they had the data backed up off site!

John

WackoWolf likes this

I'm also sadden to hear about the news hope they can regroup and get back in to business or sell the dies and prints to another company 

Awesome!  Glad to hear that they are still doing ok.  I probably have more kits than years left, but I hated to see a model ship kit manufacturer be knocked out of the business.  I have a couple of their kits and thought that they did a good job.

Has anyone actually received a Mamoli kit from recent production? I've called several times and sent a few emails and I have not had any response. I am considering removing the brand from my website as I hate to have things that I can't deliver. 

Best Regards, 

Rick Shousha

Modeller's Workshop

Dang, they probably are closed then. They should update their website, they always were great about email.

I have two Mamoli kits for sale: Surprise and Constitution. Since I cannot replace them, I am open to offers. 

Best Regards, 

Rick