Revell 24 inch Cutty Sark.

billt

I recenly bought a Revell kit of the Cutty Sark off ebay on a whim.  Model number H368.  This is the 24 inch version of the model.    I've seen quite a few pictures of smaller models ( mostly wood) and the larger 1/96 (3 ft) model.  I like the size of the model.   24 inches is large enough to show detail but not so large as to dominate the whole room. Has anyone built this kit? Looking for pics and pointers.

Thanks

I think it was mine as well, and I made the sails from cloth.  Went together quite well.

Current Builds:  Revell 1:96 Thermopylae Restoration

Revell 1:96 Constitution COMPLETED

Aeropiccola HMS Endeavor IN ORDINARY

Planned Builds: Scientific Sea Witch

Marine Models USF Essex

Thanks for the feedback.  I don't plan to use the  plastic sails either. I might attempt adding a wood deck since I'm not very good at painting.  Looked at the Scaled deck website and they don't offer one at this scale.

Do you plan to open build log?

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

• 3 weeks later...

Give it a try, with more eyes watching and asking, and with your sharing dilemmas, you can learn fast

Why not?

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Nenad is right, Bill.  A build log will get you help fast.  We do have quite a few plastic and card logs so wood is not the only medium.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)