Display case

Looking for a few plans for display cases.

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

• 2 months later...

Just...
Although I'm a newbie on this site, I've been building furniture for years and will be glad to help you design and build a case. Do you have access to a table saw? If you send me a PM (private message) we can exchange email addresses and move forward with your project.

Bill

My library will never be complete, and my fleet will always be growing

• 3 years later...

I started working on the display case for my Anchor Hoy.  (The garage needed cleaning anyhow).  This is the third case I've made using Wes Marden's "Build You Own Model Ship Case".  The base is shown below.  You will need a table saw and a miter box or"Chop box" shown in Pic. 2 below.

Case1.JPG.7fb9e0405e8d47b82595d8ecb70aa72d.JPG

Case2.JPG.3a77c58eb79f0d4826e7c1480c3a9aed.JPG

Case3.JPG.5ca627bafdc01a9ea6472713030c3089.JPG

I don't want to show too much detail (protecting his methods).  You can buy his booklet at www.modelshipcases.com

for about $12.  I will touch up the vertical posts on the router and make it a bit more sophisticated and it's a good case design for a modest amount of money.  The "Museum Glass" will cost 5x the wood.

Maury