8463032763_f7b51da951_o.png

11031891084_aa7fbf3b4e_o.jpg

11031836716_3ded895447_o.jpg

View of the interior of the Confederate submersible H. L. Hunley, as she appeared on her final mission in February 1864 near Charleston, South Carolina. Modeled in Rhino, based on plans by Michael Crisafulli and illustration concept by Dan Dowdey.

8464131496_24e9ddd677_o.png

Edited by AndyHall

Great work. Are there any drawings now avaliable with dimensions of the Hunley as found now, so that you can make a scale model of it? All the previous drawings and models are out of date and wrong since the recovery of the Hunley.

And are there any photos close up showing the details of the hull plates as to the spacing,size and locations of the rivets and screws and plate sizes?

Would like to build a model of the Hunley in 1/24-1/12 scale for display.

Keith

Great work. Are there any drawings now avaliable with dimensions of the Hunley as found now, so that you can make a scale model of it? All the previous drawings and models are out of date and wrong since the recovery of the Hunley.

And are there any photos close up showing the details of the hull plates as to the spacing,size and locations of the rivets and screws and plate sizes?

Keith, I think you'll find what you need at Michael Crisafulli's website, The Vernian Era. Michael has done a good job of keeping up with the project and has a lot of his own analysis posted there. He even has a 1:24 scale drawing that you can download and print as a PDF. I believe Michael knows more about Hunley's design and construction than anyone not actually part of the team in the lab.

Hi Andy

Thanks,thats just what I have been looking ofr as to drawings of the Hunley. Now I can add it to my models to build list.

Thanks again for the help.

This site is the BEST on the internet. Other sites are with their self important trolls would just as soon ask why I wanted to make it,or make some other jerk comment.

NOT HERE,the Greatest site on the internet.

Keith

Very nice drawings. Adding the sailors really show off the scale of the hull. I think that sub design is the ultimate in a nightmare for people tending towards claustrophobia!

Best wishes,

Mark

• 2 months later...