ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

You continue to surprise and amaze us! Not only do the details look terrific, but the the overall effect has visual unity; a very tricky balance to achieve. 

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

happy birthday Doris

always eager to look at your build log and the pictures of your beautiful model :)

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

Thank you, dear friends, I am pleased and appreciate your comments and congratulations a lot.
I am also glad and honoured, you like my work on Royal Caroline. I love sailing ships and that´s the reason why i like making their models.
When I have more free time I would like to create here at MSW another build log with my Royal William scratch build, that´s also a card model. Hope, you will enjoy it as well.

20130625213215-210621-v.jpg

20130622102047-210236-v.jpg

Oh, I have just remembered, there is a birthday party on Royal William, so who wants to join? Now there are only a few officers, but at night the fun begins..... :cheers:

20120607204750-164939-v.jpg

Kind regards,

Doris

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Doris,

Can I also come to the party?

Only thing is that I'm a Commodore….

And then I want to sit on the head of the table.

I pay the bill then…. :D

When you started you Royal William, I want to reserve a seat at the front row !

And you love sailing ships…..maybe the Flying Dutchman?

O no, that's a wreck….

But even from a wreck you make it looks as a swan!

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Edited by Sjors

Hello Doris,

That looks inviting. I would like to join in as well.

And as the are a few officers present, I will wear my dress uniform. Just to blend it.

Looking forward to your buildlog of the Royal William.

Take care and have fun at the party animaatjes-feest-20395.gif

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Doris, your work is that of a true Master!! It is difficult to comprehend that it is mostly card and foils.

Congratulations also on your birthday.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

I hope your birthday was pleasant - sorry I missed the party!

I have been following your progress and am totally in awe at your skill. This is truly a work of art and I thank you for sharing it with us! You, madam, are amazing!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Hello dear friends,

thank you a lot for your comments and congratulations, i am very honoured and grateful for your kind words.

Sjors + Anja: You are always welcome on the board.

Sjors: My husband often tells me, that he also feels like a Commodore, because i dedicated him some of my finished sailing ship and he is very proud. For me he is a great partner for more than 13 years and i appreciate his patience with me and my hobbies.

Doris, your work is that of a true Master!! It is difficult to comprehend that it is mostly card and foils.

Congratulations also on your birthday.

Michael

Thank you Mike, for me it is easier to create models from these materials, but also try to use wood and I have started to like it.

I hope your birthday was pleasant - sorry I missed the party!

I have been following your progress and am totally in awe at your skill. This is truly a work of art and I thank you for sharing it with us! You, madam, are amazing!

That´s O.K. , thank you for your congratulations.

I am pleased i can share my models with you. Only the English language and correct expression is a bit problem for me, but I will try to improve.

Kind regards to all,

Doris

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Hi Doris,

My belated birthday wishes to you, I hope you got all you wanted and had a great day.

What a fantastic build, I love what your doing here and that Captains Cabin scene is incredible, very well done.

I will be watching from now on.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Doris,

The only thing I can say it is absolutely poetry in motion.

Kudosx10

John

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

WOW!  that's a beautiful ship.......definitely HAVE to do a log on her!  happy belated birthday.......sorry I didn't mention it earlier :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Doris,

That's why I love Anja,

She has also patience with me  :D  :D  :D

And not only with the modelling stuff……..Say hello from me to your husband... :)

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Doris,

I'm sorry this is late: post-76-0-69731700-1372558416.gif

You Royal Caroline and Royal William are astounding.   I love seeing your work as it's very inspiring.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 4 weeks later...

Karl,

thanks for sharing your acurate Pictures of Artist Ivan`n lovely carving work with us

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Dear Doris,

thanks a lot for this thread - Your Royal Caroline is so beautyful, the colours are realistic and the detailing is magnificent!

I have the AotS book also in my shelf... but I'm unable to crave the figureial moulding - and so the böök got "rusty"...  And due to this I was overwhelmed reading your thread - and raptourus looking to the pix.

Thank you very much,

Yours Christian

(I'm the one building black battleships - too boring for you  ;)  ) 

How lucky onshore whilom you have been

you will remake whensoever the ship is sinking.

Seneca

Building:
HMS Wolf 1752, 1/48 snow-rigged Sloop 6pfd - 10 guns

Breton Thuna fishing boats 1/125 (plastic) & 1/50 (wood)

Reconstruction:
HMS Flying Fish 1806, 1/48 Baltimore Schooner 12 gun

hello doris,

i'm reading your topic and i just keep all directly over my eyes!

beautifull

where have you take the decoration and sculptures?

i got this kit from mantua but there is not the same details!! :angry:

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Hull planking - second layer from stripes (I used again 1mm thick card): Doris you leave me speechless with admiration; you are a true artist and i'm green with envy; please continue to keep us lesser mortals up to date with your build. paulduggan21.

20120825192123-172307-v.jpg

20120825191951-172301-n.jpg20120825192052-172305-n.jpg20120825192107-172306-n.jpg

20120826192727-172407-v.jpg

20120826192803-172409-n.jpg20120826192825-172410-n.jpg20120826192842-172411-n.jpg20120826192857-172412-n.jpg20120826192743-172408-n.jpg

Second layer after grinding:

20120827173502-172504-v.jpg

20120827173517-172505-n.jpg20120827173448-172503-n.jpg20120827173431-172502-n.jpg

"Happy belated birthday" Doris........ It's all been said, but I'll say it again, You are a true artist!!! 

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

I just find this so hard to comprehend - that this is cardboard!!!!

You work is truly amazing and the sculpting of the many, many decorations on this ship - all so beautiful.

I am particularly taken with your base/stand/support and the sculpting and name plate - just wonderful.

I just keep coming back to look at your builds..time and time again -  here and when this site was down - found them on another site... and the photography is so clear - make its so easy to appreciate all the details.

Current builds:

MS Syren

HM Suppy

Dos Amigos

Completed:

Schooner for Port Jackson

MS 18th Century Longboat

Bounty Launch