TurboCad Mac printing line weights?

Can anyone help me with how to make TurboCad print the line weights? They show up as expected on screen, but then all print at the same weight. Interestingly, if I change any line on screen from the default, even to a large thickness, it prints out even thinner than usual.

Mark

Edited by SJSoane

I don't have TC Mac and could not reproduce your problem in TC19 for PC.  However, the TC forum seems to have a little bit on line widths not printing properly.  If I understand the chatter over there, it may have to do with your computer, the printer, default property settings, TC versions, and the tooth fairy.  

You might try  http://tcmacforum.imsisupport.com/ and ask your question there.  My experience has been good with the TC community.  If all else fails, I have called the company support folks and gotten pretty good response.  I know this isn't direct help, but it is what I think I would do next if no one else can come up with an answer on this forum.

Wayne

Thanks, Wayne, I'll look into these. 

So TC for the PC has a setting to choose how lines are printed/displayed, or it just happens automatically?

By the way, your drawings for HMS Euryalus are a source of inspiration for me as I move my Bellona drawings into CAD.

Best wishes,

Mark

So with a little help from the TurboCad forum, I think I have determined that the line weights specified by mm will change their thickness in printing according to the scale of the print. For example, a .5mm line printed at a scale of 1"=1"  (full size) will print as .5mm. But if you print at 1/2"= 1", the same line will print as .25mm. So at a scale of 3/16", the mm lines at any size will print as the thinnest possible lines. Not what one would intuitively expect.

On the other hand, lines specified as 1, 2, 3 or 4 pixels, will print at that size no matter what the scale. So, I guess my palette is 1,2,3 or 4 pixels. It will probably work.

I hope this helps anyone else using TurboCad on the mac. And if you find a different way to use the mm line weights, please let me know!

Mark