Kevin

What have you received today?

2,466 posts in this topic

a new thread by me, 

Please show what you may have received today, whether it be kits, tools books etc

i picked the idea up and thought there was one on MSW - but unable to find it

but i ordered this on Sunday - after reading some good reviews on it

Hegner multicut1 scroll saw

post-846-0-52182400-1415215840_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-93869600-1415215842_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-72887200-1415215845_thumb.jpg

Rob Wood, PeteB, jwvolz and 22 others like this

Nice saw, take care of it & keep it clean my lad 'cos you aren't getting another! :rolleyes:

Kevin and opa like this

the blades supplied were pinless - about 60 free blades in different grades,

I switched her on last night, to check working post un-packing, very quiet and no vibration

hope to use in anger on Saturday

mtaylor, PeteB, geoff and 5 others like this

Hi Kevin.

Christmass comes early in your part of the world.

Looks to be a nice saw.

As Waco suggested ... Are you going to do a review ??

Would be nice as I'me in the market for a scroll saw.

Regards Antony.

WackoWolf likes this

I have altered the thread name to encourage others to post new things (hobby related) that have been purchased

This morning I received a phone call from our postman. There was a package for me. I live in a small village with no mail deliveries - we have to collect mail from the post office. I usually check for mail twice a week and a phone call advising of mail is very rare.

Anyway, I went into the village and collected my package. Apart from receiving a phone call I also received the plans for the kayak I'm building this winter. It's 17 feet long so not a model but it is a sort of hobby.   :)

Jason, probablynot, mtaylor and 3 others like this

Got my very own copy of "Plank-on-Frame" Models, Volume 1, by Harold A. Underhill. Looks like a font of information for me. Most excellent recommendation.

tarbrush, Bill Hime, Kevin and 2 others like this

I'm expecting delivery of two books - Chapman's Architectura Navalis Mercatoria, and Steel's Art of Rigging (Volume 3 of Elements and Practice of Rigging, Seamanship, and Naval Tactics).  The postage tracker says they were out for delivery as of and hour and a half ago, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Edit: It's here!

Chasseur and Kevin like this

Kevin, you are going to love that saw. I have owned a Multimax 14V for over 20 years and it is still a gem. Recently I got this one. The nice thing about it is that I can sit anywhere in the backyard and saw away with only the sound of nature and the cutting of the blade. It is a nice tool if you live in a condominium or apartment.

Best regards

post-5255-0-54873200-1415282609_thumb.jpg

post-5255-0-53775300-1415283065_thumb.jpg

post-5255-0-60182700-1415283087_thumb.jpg

Beautiful!!! Checked this out on line while I was browsing their saw collection. Not sure whether its available in the UK

Cheers.....mick

Postman delivered what I was waiting for to finish my display case for the sloop model.6000 miles in less than a week! Top marks for the guys across the pond!

Cheers....mick

Kevin likes this

You do all realise thay anyone who didn,t know would think we were all 8 year olds waiting on our Christmas presents . Haveing said that i,m waiting patiently on  a Domanoff serving machine and nanogrinder ordered last weekend , my wife sayes if i don,t leave the house soon people will think she has buried me in the back garden . Ohh the joys of childhood !!! ;)  :P  :D

Kevin, you are going to love that saw. I have owned a Multimax 14V for over 20 years and it is still a gem. Recently I got this one. The nice thing about it is that I can sit anywhere in the backyard and saw away with only the sound of nature and the cutting of the blade. It is a nice tool if you live in a condominium or apartment.

Best regards

http://knewconcepts.com/power.php

janos and Roman like this

Kevin, that is the site but not the saw. The powered one is very expensive but the interesting thing about these saws is how save they are to use and the fact that the blades do not twist when cutting. I have used mine far less expensive than the powered one with an 8/0 and it is a charm. They are not cheap I give you that but this is a tool that can be used for a long, long time. The hand held smaller fret saws can use blades as small as 10/0. They are expensive but they are the better mouse trap when it comes to fret saws. To answer Mike they are available in Europe but they will ship from here as well. On a good note the gentleman who came up with it, is a great guy to talk to and in a world where almost everything is made in the far east this one is made right here in the US. Refreshing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NKradpB3U4&feature=player_embedded

tasmanian, Kevin and mtaylor like this

must be scroll saw week :P

I have to be more tight with my budget and power tools are going to be a long shot for me,  but I did manage to get an old sears craftsman scroll saw for $10 (and it does work, tested out when I picked it up).  Now I just need to get a motor with a pulley for it.

SAM_0208.jpg

Piet, mtaylor, Kevin and 4 others like this

First I stumbled on this site to get me going on my Grimsby build, but maybe sme new tools or toys to the ship building hobby to get it going too, I'm cleaning up the shop today, and I think I need some kind if a tool/ bench organizer. There's one in MICROMARK, I'm sure you guys know all about Micromark, at $45 it isn't bad, it even has a rod to hold rigging string. #85165 bench organizer. I've bought from micro mark before for ship building tools, good company , any other good bench organizers out ther you guys have bought?

http://www.micromark.com/default.aspx?ns_md=cpc&ns_sc=AdWords&ns_cn=WK_Brand&gclid=CKiz_a2568ECFQ9p7AodYUIAHA

avsjerome2003 likes this

First I stumbled on this site to get me going on my Grimsby build, but maybe sme new tools or toys to the ship building hobby to get it going too, I'm cleaning up the shop today, and I think I need some kind if a tool/ bench organizer. There's one in MICROMARK, I'm sure you guys know all about Micromark, at $45 it isn't bad, it even has a rod to hold rigging string. #85165 bench organizer. I've bought from micro mark before for ship building tools, good company , any other good bench organizers out ther you guys have bought?

http://www.micromark.com/default.aspx?ns_md=cpc&ns_sc=AdWords&ns_cn=WK_Brand&gclid=CKiz_a2568ECFQ9p7AodYUIAHA

I don't remember whose build log it was but he used paint stir sticks that he hung up near his work bench to organize and make handy his clamps.  I plan to do the same once I figure out the most convenient spot on my workbench area to  hang them. ( hate to keep moving things around)

I got my Hegner Multicut 2 about 35 years ago. It was atrociously expensive even way back then, but I've loved having it, and I still find it SO-O versatile and useful. Not a lot of tools available to match it!

Kevin and Roman like this

Had to get a new shop vac as I fried the one I had last night shaping foam.    Bought one with double the horsepower and double the capacity.  Now to go suck up some sawdust and other things.....  but hopefully it won't suck up a certain small dog. :)