Kevin

What have you received today?

John, according to Costco's website a two-pack cost 60 dollars, a good investment.

I am considering to get a set myself.

Edit: Been looking at them for a long time, best part the two can be linked together, so you can use one string to turn the units on and off.

Edited by Nirvana
mtaylor, EJ_L, zoly99sask and 5 others like this

As a bonus, the LED lights in my shop seem to be a whole lot easier on my eyes than the florescent bulbs were. A brighter light and less energy used. Can't beat it. 

Hey Mike,

Doug and Brian are correct. She said she had purchased it from Michaels Craft Store. It was used for wire bending and beading. I was thinking of using it instead of the wooden board and screws. Next time I do planking I will post my likes or dislikes.

So I headed over to Costco today to get set of led lights.

Turns out my store didn't have any more of them, and that the product will not be available in store.
​There might be some available buying online.

But, I didn't drive for nothing, as they had FEIT product (LED) single pack at 30 dollars so I got my two, and they can be interlinked.

And then I picked up a case of beer.

Light will be installed tomorrow. 

Edit: Here is a link to amazon where the product is available through, but the price is so much higher.

Edited by Nirvana

Today I got a new mate in the shipyard. After having to say goodby to my first mate last summer, the admiral and I started to look for new dog. Today I got a notice that our Humane Society had received a litter of Labrador Retriever/German Shepherd puppies that were just 8 weeks old. So I left work and went to look at them and this little girl was the winner. Plus I got bonus points for making her my Valentine's Day gift to the Admiral! :D

post-22933-0-47674500-1487126432_thumb.jpg

Nirvana, cog, GConiglio and 14 others like this

Jack,

You did two very nice things there, helping out Human Society and then turning this puppy into an adorable gift to the Admiral.

Nice job!

src, EJ_L, JesseLee and 5 others like this

Many years ago, we went to the ASPCA to get a cat. We had picked one out, buts as we passed a cage of kittens, one screamed out and jumped from a bottom corner to the top corner, right next to us, still crying. She's the one we brought home.

mtaylor, EJ_L, Canute and 3 others like this

So I headed over to Costco today to get set of led lights.

Turns out my store didn't have any more of them, and that the product will not be available in store.

​There might be some available buying online.

But, I didn't drive for nothing, as they had FEIT product (LED) single pack at 30 dollars so I got my two, and they can be interlinked.

And then I picked up a case of beer.

Light will be installed tomorrow. 

Edit: Here is a link to amazon where the product is available through, but the price is so much higher.

Hey Doc

Give Home Depot a try. Look online for their prices. Very good IMHO. There may be items you'll see online that are not in your local store, but you can order them.

Jack12477, Canute, EJ_L and 3 others like this

Somehow the forum overlooked my 77th birthday yesterday. Don't know how this happened as my birth date 

is listed in my profile.

Anywhoo, the wife of 52 years presented me with Justin Camarata's book Waterline Dioramas, A Model Builder's Artform.

The book is absolutely beautiful and a perfect addition to my maritime collection.

John Elwood

Finally broke down and bought an auto darken welding helmet, still strike an arc using braille but not so good with the wire feed Mig so it has sat while 1/16" rods have been used, therby increasing my experience in filling blown holes. Warm up a bit and the wire feed will be brought out.

jud :pirate41:

Edited by jud

Those carving tools are from Alexander's friend Mikhail, who made the carving tools Alexander uses in his figurehead carving. Go look at the Carving from Belgogrod thread.

I'm getting a set from him also but he is very overloaded with requests and I don't know if he's still taking orders at this point. Best bet is to check with Alexander before contacting Mikhail.