Kevin

What have you received today?

Received my new VandaLay mill today!

7 working days from California to Tasmania is pretty good, normally takes 3-5 days to get a parcel from the mainland.

Got to work at the library this afternoon (volunteer) so can't put it together until tonoght 😞

mill1.jpg

5 minutes ago, EJ_L said:

More clamps! You can never have too many clamps as the needed number for any project is always one more than you own. 

That large variety of "clamps" reminds me of a Cheech and Chong movie I saw long ago. 😎

Well had court previous date, received judges ruling filed E-Notice in my e-mail this am. I have been involved in the criminal justice system for over 50 years first in law enforcement then as a private investigator. I have seen the good ,the bad, and the ugly (actually need Clint Eastwood to take out members of the court).

Make a long story short neighbors built 5 ' wall from railroad ties backfilled with over 24 dump truck load of red clay, back the ties with fabric cloth let water thru and no dirt, (erosion problem.)

Our property started eroding at a rapid rate, trenching occurred in 4 different places 8 inches and now 4'ft deep. Pool is undermined. They would not correct so sued. Our case was based on poorly constructed wall, improper materials railroad ties were rotted, and had no tiebacks wall beginning to lean to me. My case based on 3hrs. video and 35 minute edit for court with photos and a professional witness.

Judge would not let us show video in court (that was our main evidence was flabbergasted) nothing we said changed his mind. I know from experience in this situation there was a bad bird in the mix. He ruled in there favor.  Have to suck it up and appeal and approach at a different angle and request a new judge with a jury instead of a summary judgement.

This is what I received today:angry:

Wall fail leaning

IMG_0152.thumb.JPG.55f86c9bb943268c47f3386b6fd6ad75.JPG

This happens every rain event we get the most rain nationwide               trench 8' wide 10' deep under shallow end pool

305996881_lastoflast_0003.jpg.ffeacb666140d853ee978acb5c120c93.jpg 20175.jpg.d9b323d2937d42c847fc56537ce93f08.jpg

Repairs cannot be maid, due to runoff any drains or open drains would be undermined noting most is not surface water but comes from underneath wall also. Man I am just #^%%#$. Tomorrow will be better, sorry for taking up space and whining but I did receive this today:wacko:

A bit hard to hit the "Like" button on that John.

Sorry it came out this way.

I hope you can get your appeal/jury before you loose your back yard completely. Even if you win it looks like all you will be able to get will be damages.

Good luck.

A small package arrive today, and once again I am extremely impressed by USPS ( US Postal Services), with a delivery in two days from Florida to Washington state.

A big thank you to ModelExpo as well for superior service.

Now here is a picture of items ordered and received, these belaying pin are the same size even though one has a metric and the other imperial measurement.

2017261174_belayingpin.thumb.jpg.14262685b1c2bbb0d9809d24024aafdb.jpg

Now here was my first impression without opening the bags, the walnut pins seems to have a better finish and being slimmer than their boxwood partner.
I am considering using them with the Bluenose, but then again if they are not to my liking I have to consider another option.

Not today, but about a month ago, I bought this at a US store called "Dollar Tree". It cost a US dollar. It holds my primer in the larger section and one bottle of Vallejo paint in each of the smaller sections. I think it was in the cosmetic section. Next week I'm going to get a couple more as spares.

P_008_01.thumb.JPG.61de25f758ec7aa6cd0bb9554761226d.JPG

On 12/12/2018 at 9:03 AM, John Allen said:

Judge would not let us show video in court (that was our main evidence was flabbergasted) nothing we said changed his mind. I know from experience in this situation there was a bad bird in the mix. He ruled in there favor. 

Sounds like the judge must have an ax to grind.  Have you offended him in some way previously or is your neighbor his BFF?   A judge that won't even listen to reason must some ulterior motive somewhere.

2 hours ago, BETAQDAVE said:

Sounds like the judge must have an ax to grind.  Have you offended him in some way previously or is your neighbor his BFF?   A judge that won't even listen to reason must some ulterior motive somewhere.

Maybe nowadays with Photoshop technology being available to even the most rank amateurs, the judge will not permit videos unless they are in some way "certified" to be free of edits that would prejudice the case. 

But I am just guessing.

3 hours ago, thibaultron said:

Not today, but about a month ago, I bought this at a US store called "Dollar Tree". It cost a US dollar. It holds my primer in the larger section and one bottle of Vallejo paint in each of the smaller sections. I think it was in the cosmetic section. Next week I'm going to get a couple more as spares.

P_008_01.thumb.JPG.61de25f758ec7aa6cd0bb9554761226d.JPG

Besides pirating and stealing intellectual property, this is something in which China excels....producing dollar tree gadgets.

Gidday everyone.

Thank you to everybody that reviewed and recommended The Anatomy of Nelsons Ships by C.N. Longridge.

I ordered a second hand copy of this book along with D. McElvogue's Anatomy of the Ship, The Mary Rose. Took less than 2 working weeks shipped from the U.K. The Longridge book looks like it hasn't been opened. Once again thanks for the positive reviews.

All the best.

Mark.

21 hours ago, BETAQDAVE said:

ulterior motive somewhere.

Dave & CDW

Water cases on neighbors are very difficult, in municipalities if a subdivision or mall comes in within city limits the down side neighbor has to accept the water, if construction was for the betterment of the area (you can figure who those winners are) the downside neighbor constructs a wall or drains on his property and blocks the flow of water and causes it to back up he can be sued by developer.  This comes under the COMMON ENEMY RULE and is used in 37 states or there about. There are some exceptions but rare.

Alabama comes under the CIVIL LAW RULE which is a modified COMMON ENEMY LAW. There are 13 states that use this, Alabama being one. Most all these cases under both rules always get appealed I have studied case histories until I am blind with some help with an attorney friend.

I screwed up went to the best water attorney in the area who said one of the best cases he's seen. Wasn't enough dollars for contingency looking at 7 to 8 thousand including professional witnesses.

Anyway trying to make this short, We fell under all modifications under CIVIL LAW RULE, you do have to accept the natural downhill flow of water, except in my case they built a 5 foot wall backed with 24 loads of red clay. They changed the topography of the lot causing the water to flow to one area at an exceedingly high rate causing extreme erosion.

It was a perfect violation of that rule. OK CDW in these courts being civil both District and Circuit allow date timed and stamped video, backed with photos, none were challenged by either parties. I got pissed in Circuit after testimony Judge said he did not have to see video (I think looking back he went along with lower court judge read his ruling prior to court and his mind was made up before court.) He even wrote his ruling 30 minutes after court according too the time stamp on the ruling we received immediately from Par Se e-mail. All the entered and stamped evidence was returned to us before we left court he did not keep it to consider his ruling.

If he viewed the video in open court he would have to rule in our favor looked like Niagara falls coming thru wall (slight exaggeration.)

We made lot of mistakes my professional witness had 40 years experience with drains, walls, bulkheads, pools. He was excellent there witness was degreed had experience commercial buildings only, we discredited him he was not a Geo Engineer, with experience in soils & flooding but on paper he looked better.

This is enough getting carried away. Next step appeal to Supreme court of Alabama where most of these cases end up, $ 320.00 filing fee, Have no idea about procedure, evidence & arguments my son in laws Uncle is a Geo Engineer has been published several times is also an attorney. De Ja Vu he reviewed all and said it was a slam dunk. 

Has offered assistance do not know if any new evidence can be presented or if its oral arguments only. Have a lot to look up. Appeal has to be in 42 days.

Also the circuit Clerk is a friend of Sybiles and said we got screwed. Though we did make mistakes. Might look into both Judges conduct on not reviewing video??

Gotta go daughter and #1 son-in-law taking us to Pensacola air Museum and dinner will be a nice diversion.;)

Despite UPS's best efforts I received these last night from Cornwall Model Boats.  I had back-ordered it about three weeks ago.  They shipped it out Friday and it made it to Maryland Monday afternoon.  Amazing service from them.IMG_20181217_201512.thumb.jpg.129209ebe21c23f4cda7f417c237b3a6.jpg

They're the metal display stand dolphins from Amati along with Captain Amati and Ensign Amati figures.

They showed up accompanied by this beast:

IMG_20181217_202147.thumb.jpg.f3f067657d16d493d1005bd17d18e4fd.jpg

Every review or build log of this thing I've read all mention how big it is.  So why was I dumbfounded by how big it is?  Seriously, I'm kind of afraid of it.  If it fell on me it'd probably kill me.  I've seen houses built out of less substantial material.  

I'm planning on building it as the Elephant and upgrading it a bit.  Doing away with the dummy cannons and adding a relatively complete main gun deck, planking the exterior in boxwood, possibly adding some cabin detail and opening the doors to make it a bit more see through.  I think I'm going to be sending some money Chuck's way for wood, cannons and who knows what else.

Edited by shane762
My poor, poor spelling skills.

I received this, this week. But I didn't have time to post it until now.

This is the Encore Models 1:32 Pfalz D.III with all the parts to do it like the Blue Max movie subject. it includes beautiful resin cast figures of the two leading actor/actress who starred in the movie, plus a plethora of resin after market parts and photo etch. A huge three-sheet set of decals, and a replica of the Blue Max medal. I was surprised at the decent quality of the medal and how authentic it looks. It will make a nice addition to display along side of the finished model. 

DSCN1902.JPG

DSCN1904.JPG

DSCN1903.JPG

No, next is the 1:32 Shinden Japanese fighter.

I already started the engine, but have not taken any photos yet. A lot of parts and detail go into that big radial engine. I want to decide what panels to keep open on the plane to show off the details such as the engine. Will do some kind of maintenance display of some sort.

There is an IPMS district contest I want to attend in April, so will try to have the Mikasa, the Shinden, and one other subject ready for the show.

Wow

Three entries and only a little over four months to finish one and completely build the other two? That sounds like quite a challenge. I could build three models in that time span but I would not wish to let them be seen in public and would surly not be willing to enter them into a competition!

Good luck.

Hello all.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and better 2019.

Today Santa got me:

A new workshop overall. With this I don't have to worry about paints, glues, stains, sawdust, etc messing up my clothes.

IMG_0148.JPG.3632f765f5897f3968457d79344bf49c.JPG

A new airbrush/compressor kit

IMG_0147.JPG.dbd2865bf704706c47321ad6e68d1eb3.JPG

Some plastic large spools to use and experiment with my rope making machine(s)

IMG_0146.JPG.003141885da83c136c4f7c98d86a708f.JPG

Broken parts I had to order for my Royal Louis from Ages of Sail, as well as 3 different thicknesses of thread to experiment with my ropewalk machine(s)

IMG_0145.JPG.68f05478376a2fd07a1b4c85ff3732c0.JPG

Happy Holidays!!!

Got this new double action airbrush, the Mr Hobby Procon Boy Platinum.

For a mere $100, I don't know of a better quality airbrush packed with the features of this one. Made in Japan and of high quality, it has the adjustable trigger stop at the back of the airbrush (just like the higher priced airbrushes such as H&S, for example), and an air pressure adjustment screw on the bottom below the color cup. Comes with a large capacity color cup and the cap to prevent your paint from spilling out of the cup.

Mr Hobby was formerly known as Gunze, and is well known for their large line of quality model paints. I bought this as a spare airbrush based on high reviews from professionals I know. Will use it to back up my H&S airbrushes.

DSCN1906edit.jpg

DSCN1905edit.jpg

I have the movie 'Blue Max' quite a flick!   there are some really cool shots of the planes in the movie too!  one of my favorite movies :) 

nice airbrushes too gents.......     Santa was good to me as well.....you might say it was a plastic year.  the admiral told me that I wasn't getting any models this year.   I got this from a woman who is dead set against plastic.......she says that she saw it and liked it

226635816_1.jpg.aa69590fd8f553c746e103f88d3f3459.jpg

1493012371_2.jpg.7b767a5b42ad3d746da84763073df7d6.jpg

1:25 scale and comes with it's own display stand.  I've never done a train before.   when I lived in Florida,  I built this 1/16 scale funny car........haven't been able to locate another one since.  I was browsing through old model kits,  when I saw this one........wrote it down on a piece of paper along with two 1:28 British Spads and put it on the admiral's desk........haven't said a word since doing it.   I got the funny car! :) 

78899371_3.jpg.6bf4ab0fb89aa2e4a2ba1f83b20e8ecb.jpg

1194828966_4.jpg.f12c870aca3ec9b4f275901cb2b5d3a0.jpg

Christmas day,  my son Kevin and his wife to be got me this........

268286879_5.jpg.7c7e11bf072e8672c9abfa21ae9c94b4.jpg

looks like an extremely nice kit......plastic ratlines though.......might change that aspect up a notch.    got a boost to my movie collection too......the complete Jason Bourne collection,  Predator collection......Popeye cartoon classics.......and this one that I plan on studying the aircraft very closely

887325267_6.jpg.c4cd9a4d62954e6710a7ca4c36b16516.jpg

here's what it contains........

1373393868_7.jpg.0b0e4e3ceb053f7c6238e9a804074a56.jpg

looked in my stocking for a retirement voucher.........but no luck :( 

Two more packages of 11 pieces of R-13 insulation for the shop. These will allow me to finish the wall with all the shelving, including drywall and painting. I have to depopulate 16 X 7 feet of shelves, remodel the wall, and repopulate them, so it will take me a week or so to complete it. One more package after that, and that section will be livable, and an additional one and I can completely finish the walls.

Popeye

Santa looks like he was very generous this year.

In respect the Gorch Fock this  book may interest you.

https://www.scalemates.com/books/book.php?id=115390https://www.scalemates.com/books/book.php?id=115390

I might place an order myself, it's available in Australia, the model that is, not the book!

Richmond