La Belle Poule 1765 by AntiSpiral - 1/48 - An Adventure in POB

I think breaking frames is part of the ritual....  :D  :D :D   Nicely fixed, I must say. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I think breaking frames is part of the ritual....  :D  :D :D   Nicely fixed, I must say. 

Yep! happened twice already but seeing as the frames wont be seen makes it a bit easier to just fix it and carry on but of course accuracy is key. hopefully the last time!  :)  :D

• 3 months later...

Hello guys,

sorry for not update in my log for so long. New changes in life have had me stop working on this for at least a while and new ideas.

I've had to stop as a new job doesn't leave me much time and also a change in living quarters leaves me not much space and isn't very ideal especially if im making lots of noise, so im putting this log on hold for a while until i figure something out.

Another possible reason for stopping is so i can use what stock i have of wood for a future build, potentially looking to buy chris watton HMS victory and doing some interesting work on that, new job doesn't pay much so saving up what i can.

I'll come back to this log eventually and do a few updates maybe.

Regards, Peter 

Edited by AdmiralAntiSpiral

very nice lines on that ship PG,

relatively broad, but very interesting to follow. You did a great Job so far...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

I am sorry to hear of your troubles Peter.I am kind of stuck in limbo myself,until we get moved I cannot get properly settled down in to any of my builds.

My best advice would be to store the model safely in the meantime even if you have to knock up a solid box to put it in.The time will come when you can throw yourself back into the build.The most disheartening thing is to have a part built or complete model damaged when moving things about.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

I attach patterns to wood with ordinary Elmer's paste sticks - school glue.   Patterns adhere very well and are easily removed by wetting then rubbing them off after a few seconds.  Stick glue is water soluble so any residue is easily removed - and there is no annoying bottle brush to deal with.

Ed

• 3 years later...

I'm just curious Peter, have you been able to do any more on this ship?  I'm a bit stumped on the bowspit.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 12:21 AM, mtaylor said:

I'm just curious Peter, have you been able to do any more on this ship?  I'm a bit stumped on the bowspit.

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately i haven't been able to do any kind of modelling recently let alone work on this model. I'm planning to start again if i can plan my situation a bit better, but i haven't done much more on this model.

As for the bowsprit, depends on what kind of trouble you're having, might be able to help. Otherwise, have you seen Dmitry Shevelev's build of this ship on shipmodeling.ru?

Thanks, Peter.   I do understand about things getting in the way.   

I think I got my answer with some creative Googling and his build is (I think) one of the ones I picked up on for the bow.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: