I've been looking at buying this book and possibly another in the series (Pandora). Amazon lists both 1988 and 2004 editions for Diana (second hand). The 1988 editions run from $16 to $66 (US), while the 2004 are $88-$237!

Is the 2004 edition that much better?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

Current Build: Early 19th Century US Revenue Cutter (Artesania Latina "Dallas" - messed about)

Completed Build: Yakatabune - Japanese - Woody Joe mini

Member: Nautical Research Guild & Midwest Model Shipwrights

Richard,

Check some other places also.. like AbeBooks..  Are they the same ISBN number?  If so, they are the same and later version is a reprint.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark.

It seems the 2004 version is a reprint from a different publisher and has a different ISBN according to Amazon. Author and number of pages is the same. The 2004 version also has "detailed plans" on the back of the dust jacket. AbeBooks lists both versions with the same ISBN priced from $13 to $99.

I've ordered the 1988 version along with Pandora from the same series.

I've an idea for my next project that I'll be using these as reference material. Plus they'll be interesting. Plus you can never have too many books :) .

Richard.

Richard

Current Build: Early 19th Century US Revenue Cutter (Artesania Latina "Dallas" - messed about)

Completed Build: Yakatabune - Japanese - Woody Joe mini

Member: Nautical Research Guild & Midwest Model Shipwrights