That is amazing Daniel, how long does it take to print something that size?

I was just joking with you Daniel.

I know that a figure head can not be to jolly......

Specially not for this ship !!!!!!!

He has to look scary or something like that.

When I take a look at the last picture , don't forget to remove the scaffolding  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

And for the Dutch manual, no problem.

Anja ( my wife ) she knows better English then Dutch ! ( Auch, she hit me ! )

Sjors

Edited by Sjors

Daniel,

The resin die you've created for stamping copper tape looks good; also, being able to form a continuous run is a plus. Supplying this die in the kit is a great idea. However, I noted on the hull of your ST that it appears you've mounted the embossed copper tape upside-down! The actual copper plates would not have had a "dimple" (recess) once fastened onto the hull planking; the fasteners would have raised surfaces (the head, likely rounded). These were first made from iron and subsequently (after the discovery of adverse electrolytic action that would eat away the fasteners), non-reactive copper. Other than this small detail, your copper job looks very nice! :cheers:

Ron

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

Hello,

Dirk-yes I will use it as a master for resin casting (actually not this one because this one will be on prototype model of ST ;) ) so I have to print one another figurehead.

Sjors-do not worry, I know that you was joking :)

Ron-Actualy I think that the nails was knock so hardly that the plates look like have dimbles, look here for example:

http://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/news/classic-yacht-kentra-emerges-from-refit-with-rare-copper-hull--25989

http://www.tea-party-boston.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/copper.jpg

The truth is that the dimbles are not so big as in my case but it is limit of my current technology :). I think smaller dots on the stamp would be too fragile. 

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel,

Thanks for posting the photo links on examples of copper sheathing. Indeed, these examples show nailed sheets, which would give the appearance of "dimples" in the metal. Such a minor detail, especially at small scales. As I said earlier, you've done an excellent job with this component of your kit.

I am currently working on your La Real. I'm very impressed with the kit's extensive plans and all the materials right out-of-the-box, especially the laser-cut pear sheets. I'm also using many reference photos of the full-size reproduction ship in the Barcelona museum. I'm confident that this model will be stunning when I get her completed!

Ron

post-31-0-92218000-1472835776_thumb.jpg

Ron

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

Ron,

Any chance of seeing build log?  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Mark,

I will post some photos along the way, but not a full build log. The La Real is my "Winter Project" and I'll post progress pics with brief notes. As many here already know, doing a decent build log with good notes/explanations/photos will roughly double the actual build time for nearly any project. I want to have a completed model ready-to-go by next April, an 8-month turnaround. I like to keep my model builds to not longer than a year, ideally 8-9 months works best for me - from an interest point-of-view, as well as other competing schedules that inevitably crowd in on one's available time.

Here is a pic of my last project which took approximately 8 months, a modified Revenge from Victory Models. This was fabulously fun to build, especially the decorative elements. I displayed it at the Annual Northeast Ship Modeler's Show last April.

Stay tuned, I'll create a thread and post some pics for LaReal within the next 30 days.

Ron

post-31-0-36079600-1472853891_thumb.jpg

Ron

Hello all,
La Real and La Belle Poule  kits are in the sale now. You can buy it with 30% discount. The discount is valid until September 30-2016. Please visit our special offers webpage:
best regards
Daniel Dusek

Oh darn! I like both ships!

I must not hoard! I must not hoard! I'm strong! ...or maybe I'm not  :(

Robin :P

WIP: No ships atm...sorry!🙄

Completed: Greek bireme - Dusek - scale 1:72

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Let me to inform mainly customers from UK about our new UK distributor:

Tasma Products Ltd

Unit One, College Farm, Meldreth, Royston, Herts. SG8 6NT U.K.
Tel: +44 (0) 1763 260716

This week they got the first shipment with all our ship kits so UK customers can buy our kits directly in UK now.

Best regards

Daniel Dusek

Hello All,

Let me to inform mainly customers from UK about our new UK distributor:

Tasma Products Ltd

Unit One, College Farm, Meldreth, Royston, Herts. SG8 6NT U.K.

Tel: +44 (0) 1763 260716

This week they got the first shipment with all our ship kits so UK customers can buy our kits directly in UK now.

Best regards

Daniel Dusek

Brilliant news

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Don,

I need to finish just only rigging plans and then all will be ready. I start production of some parts and I am also waiting now for my supplier when resin parts will be ready. I hope it will be ready during one month (only in white box first but for better preorder price ;)).

Best regards

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Dear Daniel,

My wishlist:

1. An early Greek penteconter. Like the Argo recontruction.

2. A Greek trade ship. Like the Olkas reconstruction.

Both 1:72 scale please.

It will take me at least 6 months to finish my bireme and trireme, so no hurry.  :P

Thanks!

Robin :)

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

Hi Don,

I am still waiting for my supplier to get the resin parts and wooden sheets. BUT I would like to offer preorder now (the kit would be packed in white box only for preorder). I suppose that the kit should costs similar like Le Cerf in the future, for the preorders I offer 160EUR (including shipping costs worldwide). All who is interested write me please personal message. There is no payment need until the kit will be ready.

Best regards

Daniel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

All plans and instructions for the Statenjacht kit are ready so I would like to produce the preorder serie of the kit just this week (I hope they will be ready for shipping just next week). The kit will contain: 

lasered boards:

2 sheets of 3mm plywood 190x500mm

3 sheets of 1mm plywood 190x500mm

6 sheets of 0,6mm veneer 130x500mm

1 sheet of 1,5mm wood 100x500mm

1 sheet of 2mm wood 100x350mm

1 sheet of 3mm wood 70x50mm

1 sheet of 1mm wood 70x50mm

etched parts, resin parts, dowels, rigging rope, flags and etc.

Last chance to get the kit for preorder price 160EUR (including shipping costs worldwide). The pre-order have to be send until Wednesday 16th January. 

best regards

Daniel

Daniel,

I was in the Netherlands for a job last week. I know that I am a bit to late. If it is possible to get the Utrecht for the preorder price. I like to order a kit.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Hello All,

let me inform you that in photo gallery is new photos of work of our customer Mr. Cryns from Amsterdam. He sent us photos of his amazing build of Greeek Trireme kit with many improvements. You can see it here:

http://dusekshipkits.com/greek-trireme1

Best regards

Daniel

post-16720-0-39546400-1485082633_thumb.jpg

that's a gorgeous trieres!

Edit: Daniel...perhaps give the guy the link to this forum. I'll love to see his future bireme build come together.

Robin :)

Edited by Robin Lous