Leut II by Dida - traditional Croatian ship

While resting of my first scratch build, I am planing to start another ship of the same type. During the building of the previous ship I learned something about it. This time I will not start with real works until I completely finish the drawings.

I started with modeling the hull using DelftSHIP Free.

post-527-0-90349700-1362240442.jpg

post-527-0-50856000-1362240444.jpg

post-527-0-62272600-1362240446.jpg

post-527-0-15549900-1362240448.jpg

post-527-0-46908100-1362240440.jpg

This is, at this moment, the idea how the ship will look like. It will be changes until I choose final version.

Kind regards,

Hrvoje :)

Finished: Leut by Dida

My current build: Leut II

My forum dealing with traditional Croatian and Mediterranean shipbuilding: http://drvenibrodovi.forumotion.eu.

Nice looking hull, Dida.  One of these days I'm going to have to learn how to use  DelftSHIP.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Thank you Bob! This time I will make complete drawing set, until last nail. In my previous build I have several improvisations because I started as soon as I finished hull form. I was very impatient to start.  :) 

Kind regards,

My forum dealing with traditional Croatian and Mediterranean shipbuilding: http://drvenibrodovi.forumotion.eu.

I use ACAD and I also do all of my drawings before building. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Russ

If you mean what I am using to draw the plans and templates, then it is ACAD. I am using an older version of it, 2000i. It does everything I need it to do to get from the computer screen and into the workshop.

Russ

If you mean what I am using to draw the plans and templates, then it is ACAD. I am using an older version of it, 2000i. It does everything I need it to do to get from the computer screen and into the workshop.

Russ

It was my bad English. I use DelftShip to define the hull's form (3D modeling) and CAD for constructional details of the ship. Do you use DelftShip or some similar software?

Sorry for misunderstanding. :blush:

Kind regards,

Ah. I did not understand it either. I do not have any need of 3D modeling so I just use CAD to draw everything.

Russ

I wanted to feel under the hand how the hull surface is running. I made "waterlines" 6 mm thick and glued them together. In right order :) of course. The holes in the waterline are here for accurate positioning the pieces.

post-527-0-06709000-1362350992.jpg

post-527-0-93879300-1362351003.jpg

Edited by Dida

Kind regards,

That is a good idea. I learn a lot about a hull form by building a solid hull model.

Russ

I understand perfectly. This is a good way to to begin. What company did your lasrer cutting? It looks very good.

Russ

I understand perfectly. This is a good way to to begin. What company did your lasrer cutting? It looks very good.

Russ

Here, in Sisak, there is an small workshop with a laser cutter bought in USA.

Kind regards,

• 8 months later...

That looks great! :)

How lucky onshore whilom you have been

you will remake whensoever the ship is sinking.

Seneca

Building:
HMS Wolf 1752, 1/48 snow-rigged Sloop 6pfd - 10 guns

Breton Thuna fishing boats 1/125 (plastic) & 1/50 (wood)

Reconstruction:
HMS Flying Fish 1806, 1/48 Baltimore Schooner 12 gun

• 6 months later...

Beautiful hull form. Great work shaping the hull.

Russ

Thank you Russ. This is preliminary work: I want to see if the hull shape is as I want.

Kind regards,

Interesting method for building a deck.  Looks good.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray