HMS Victory by robert22564 - Caldercraft - scale 1:72

Hello Robert

You will have no problem sorting it. I remember fitting mine and they are perfect from about 5 yards. And yes I was the site engineer, but cannot spell site it might have an H in it. Anyway as most of us Victory builders I used Gil's log as a reference most of the time, and noticed he left the quarter gallery skins off the ship until the very end, which I often mention to other builders during the planking stage. But I had already fitted mine, and have just checked Gils log and noticed how clever he was in fitting them. This is as we know is easy in hindsight. As I said before you will have no problem sorting it. Regards DAVID

Robert, just try to remember that this is supposed to be a relaxing hobby. Not sure when the relaxing part actually starts.....

Shipyard Sid, would you happen to have a link to Gil's log? I can't seem to find it.

Haha, It's a great hobby :D

Here's Gils link http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/485-hms-victory-by-gil-middleton-finished-caldercraft-172/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Robert... Looking fantastic.     A few posts pack you showed the figurehead that you painted.  I'm just about at the step where I need to work on my figurehead as well.  I'm also terribly lacking in freehand painting.  but if mine comes out anywhere near as good as yours... ill be very happy.

I'm using yours as a guide!!!

K

Current Build:  USS Constitution ( Model Expo)
Past Builds:

HMS Victory Bow Section
   British Armed Launch
   Friesland (Dutch 74 - 1663)
   Roger B. Taney (US Revenue Cutter )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lovely work, it's a pleasure to read your log.

Cheers

Nigel

Cheers

Nigel

Current Build - HMS Victory, Caldercraft - scale  1:64,  started September 2021

Cutty Sark, Constructo - scale 1:115, finished August 2021

HMS Bounty, Constructo - Scale 1:50 - First wooden kit build, finished April 2019

• 4 months later...

Hi Robert.

Nice building work with a nicely coppered hull. Also as I am a novice and your hull looks so crisp, do you where rubber gloves at all to stop finger prints appearing?

kier

Saving for: HMS Vanguard...Victory models.

finished: Bluenose11...Billing Boats... (sorry no log.

• 2 months later...
On 09/10/2017 at 3:52 PM, kier said:

Hi Robert.

Nice building work with a nicely coppered hull. Also as I am a novice and your hull looks so crisp, do you where rubber gloves at all to stop finger prints appearing?

kier

Hi Kier, nope.......no gloves....................confession to follow on that nice copper hull I did.

Good to have you back Robert.  Its always a pleasure to visit your log and watch your beautiful work.

Robert 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/02/2018 at 6:43 PM, diablo0007 said:

Hello Robert ..

any news regarding your build cause you did a great work so far and i really like to see it finished

have a nice day

Hi, time seems to fly by so quickly, one good thing about a workshop is you can walk away and when you return it's exactly how you left it.

Going through a few medical issues at the mo, nothing to worry about but hoping to resume where I left off ASAP.

• 3 months later...

Hello Robert,

I am relatively new to the forum.  I guess I would have to say that I am more risk-adverse than you, because I truly admire you for taking on Victory as your first wooden model ship.  I am working my way up, having completed Bluenose and now engaged in the build of MS' Fair American.  I am truly thrilled by your work thus far, and I hope to continue to watch as you take Victory closer and closer to completion.  

Jim

• 7 months later...

Robert,  I have a question for you, if you don't mind.  I am interested in getting the Caldercroft Victory model for my next project.  Now that you have been working on your model for some time, do you find that the wood provided in the kit is good for its use on the model, or do you find yourself replacing the kit's material with that from other sources?  On my current model, the Fair American, I have replaced virtually all the lumber and have hand built the deck fittings to get a better model. I am wondering if the same if going to be true of Caldercraft's Victory?

Jim 

• 2 years later...