HMS Victory by robert22564 - Caldercraft - scale 1:72

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robert. I just found your log and read through from start. Wonderful work so far and I'm looking forward to it's continuation.  :)

Same!

Robert, you make it all look so easy. Very beautiful!

Robin :)

WIP: No ships atm...sorry!🙄

Completed: Greek bireme - Dusek - scale 1:72

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

I had done some of the deck planking while the quarter deck was on the bench without foreseeing any issues as you can see.

However a dry fit did reveal a mistake, an error on my part because I did read the instructions but bloody forgot.

Can anyone spot the mistake? note that the deck is not fixed into place and I still have a few bits to cut out.

post-17761-0-88346600-1476638339_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings Robert

I have only just returned after a long absence and spotted your build. Well as I suspected nothing has changed at all. The same quality continues. Yep you are doing a cracking job. Clever clogs spotted your mistake in no time at all, or so I though. I thought one set of your stairways was the wrong way around, until I went through all the victory logs, and found the only ones wrong were mine. Continue the excellent work DAVID

Hi Guys......yes I didn't reveal the mistake did I. The companionway to the Admirals cabin way should be offset to port, I had planked the wrong side putting my companionway to starboard. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your comments Mike and very nice to here from you again David, always good to know your watching over this log. :)

Wow,

I ask for pictures and I get a lot !!!

Thanks for that  :D  :D

It looks excellent.

Wel done and no, I can not found the mistake on the deck but a great fix ?????

Sjors

• 2 weeks later...

A little more progress, I seem to be a little stumped doing these skid beam pillars.........not really knowing where to start.

Maybe I should have taken care of those a little earlier in the build.

I'll sort it now :rolleyes:

post-17761-0-50921300-1480372951_thumb.jpg

post-17761-0-21097800-1480372966_thumb.jpg

post-17761-0-85797400-1480372984_thumb.jpg

The skid beam pillars are somewhat difficult, so you have to take it easy.

Try one, they're always too long, take off some of it and so on. Use glue which cures slowly, so you have time to correct them.

What is your plan with the rope handrail? It is supposed to go through the pillars of the middle companionway. Is that still possible?

Your ship looks great, very neat!

Paul

Edited by paulb

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul and thanks for the comments.

I think I can safely say my Vic will not be as historicly accurate as yours is surely going to be, "which i'm really looking forward to following and learning from".

With regards to the pillars of the middle companionway, uhm yes, I'm not in my workshop right now but i have this horrible feeling i've forgotten all about them.

Can't remember installing those. :o Beleive it or not I think I still might be able to sort that little oversight. ;)

Greetings Robert

Yep I got to agree with Glennard and Paul, the pillars can be a bit awkward to fit. I used sideward tweezers ( or whatever they call them ) and as paul said slow setting glue. Looks like I also missed the rope handrail. Still cracking work. DAVID

post-96-0-15943700-1480507914_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi robert

pardon my ignorance but what made you decide to copper the belfry roof. I think it looks great as does your build.

thanks

mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society