HMS VICTORY 1759 by isalbert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Albert, it is good to see that you are posting again the continuation of your magnificent build.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Welcome back Albert.   Your Victory is looking great.  Yes, we had a crash and lost everything, but MSW is back and doing well again.  Here's a link to topic that explained what happened:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/187-all-the-content-on-the-site-was-lost-we-need-to-start-from-scratch/

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 months later...

Excellent workmanship, Isalbert!

Victory isn't a quite easy subject because the ship still exists and there are a lot of known details which you have to follow closely. Also, the scale you have chosen is very demanding, but your craftmanship is certainly up to that! Keep on the good work and thank you for the photos! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Isalbert.

A very nice build with excellent quality throughout.

Your attention to details is superb :)

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

stunning

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Isalbert

I enjoyed looking at the photos of your model as Victory was my first pretty good build many years ago. One small thing that I found to be new is that the  capstan is sitting on a grating.  I had only seen them resting on partners in the past, so I am not sure if this was an alternate possibility.

Thanks for sharing your build

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi Isalbert

You are very good at this. You model looks fantastic.

What are the dimensions? She's seems really big. Another person I am following took some photos of his model with Pepsi can placed on one of the decks, would you be willing to do that to put her size into perspective for your followers? :)

PS: I see your thread was also hit by the last server problems as some of your photos have also gone missing...  :(

Edited by monello

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...