Your PM is full so I thought I'd try here.

The reason why his inbox is full is because he hasn't logged in for 18 months. For the present time, MSW is not the best means for trying to contact him.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

• 1 month later...

Given that Chris has disappeared for so long, I can only wish that he has spent all this time working to bring these models to market. Rather than something more serious. 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a premium member on Linked In, you can send an in-mail to Chris as he belongs to Linked In. 

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hello all

@ Allan

Thanks for the tip. I checked Linkedin, but I am not a premium member.

I just received an answer from Chris.

He is fine and has been busy working on Victory instructions and plans (which are now complete) and a small modeller's manual for Amati, which he has also just finished.

Chris requested a change in his email for MSW, as his old address is no longer available.

He will post an update once the re-activation of his account, due to the email address change, is done.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Thank you for the update Anja

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi!

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. In the day my time is take up working for Amati and in the evenings I am busy trying to keep fit, after deciding that I needed to lose weight a couple of years ago..

As Anja wrote, Victory is complete and took me longer to finish than I thought. It was new territory for me as I haven't designed anything this complex before, and the plans and instructions reflected this. (31 full size plan sheets and a 114 page instruction manual (A3 size) containing well over 1000 line drawings and photographs). It came to a point where I thought I'd never finish this. but I was very conscious of the fact that it was no good designing such a detailed and complex kit and not putting in the time to make the plans and instructions as thorough as they can be.

I have just completed a little modeller's manual, which Amati asked me to do, which I submitted only a couple of weeks ago.

I am now working on Prince after having re-designed it for a third time after the lessons learned designing Victory - I am awaiting the brand new carvings.

And that's where I am up to.

Thank you,

Chris

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

good to hear that you are alive and kicking Chris

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

That is one beautiful ship, hopefully she'll be on the shelf by next spring, although Christmas would be awesome. What scale is the Prince?

That is one beautiful ship, hopefully she'll be on the shelf by next spring, although Christmas would be awesome. What scale is the Prince?

Thank you!

Prince is 1:64 scale, same as Victory.

I do not know when Victory will be released, but I do know that Amati are working on it right now There is a lot of English text to translate..

logo.jpg

breathtakingly beautiful...both!

...out of my league, but awesome! 

Robin :)

WIP: No ships atm...sorry!🙄

Completed: Greek bireme - Dusek - scale 1:72

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

All I can say is Wow! Need to get working on my home addition to house Victory! I read where you are losing weight. If you are walking and working out I think you will find your mind also sharpens up and you jsut feel much more energy and creativity.

Best

Jaxboat

P.S., Hope the Wiener dogs are doing well. Are they training with you, too?  :)

All I can say is Wow! Need to get working on my home addition to house Victory! I read where you are losing weight. If you are walking and working out I think you will find your mind also sharpens up and you jsut feel much more energy and creativity.

Best

Jaxboat

P.S., Hope the Wiener dogs are doing well. Are they training with you, too?  :)

Yes, I started working out in May 2014 after seeing a pic of myself! I was over 90kg (at 5'7"), and am now 72kg. The top part of my body is now wider than the bottom part! Buying a home gym and weights and permanent change in diet must be one of my best ever investments.

Our dogs are fine, thank you, still make me laugh on a daily basis...

logo.jpg

Chris!!! How nice to hear from you again! And better yet when you bring such wonderful good news about Victory and Prince!!

Thank you so very much for the updates, and so glad you are well and getting in shape. :D  ;)

Edited by Ulises Victoria

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Chris, that's beautiful work you have done to create HMS Victory. Any indication of the weight?

Prince is looking great too.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

"The top part of my body is now wider than the bottom part!"

I know the feeling, got to 40+ and developed a distinct tumblehome.

Oh so that's what it's called, my Admiral calls it love-handles.

Respectfully

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Chris, that's beautiful work you have done to create HMS Victory. Any indication of the weight?

Prince is looking great too.

Thank you - there was a time when I thought I'd never finish Victory, was beginning to give me nightmares!

I did actually weigh the Victory model when at Amati. I believe it came in at around 8kg. I thought it would be heavier. This was the completed model, without the superfluous material (and plans and instructions) that comes with the kit, so perhaps the actual kit box would weigh well over 14kg.

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg

Nice to read that you are taking good care of yourself, Chris. After a certain age it's all too easy for extra weight to silently incorporate itself.... Also nice to read that there's still excitement over your latest creation for Amati.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Chris,

If Amati pondering of having a test built group, sign me up.

Respectfully

OH MY GOD! That Prince is more beautiful than I dared to dream! 

OK Chris, you can go take another break from MSW now. I want you working on bringing that thing to market as soon as possible!!! 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel