I do not know when Victory will be released, but I do know that Amati are working on it right now There is a lot of English text to translate..

Thank you!

Is this any update on the progress / release date for HMS Victory as I need to ensure I clear the space in the shipyard for the build.

Prince is 1:64 scale, same as Victory.

I do not know when Victory will be released, but I do know that Amati are working on it right now There is a lot of English text to translate..

Glenn (UK)

Chris: Just a quick check in with you on the Bellona. I assume with all that is on the go right now with you and Amati the Bellona is still on the back burner as far as a high priority for a kit?

Just thought I would ask.. :-)

Mike Draper

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild

• 1 month later...

building the hms Victory, there`s good and bad in building this ship. the good is that the ship is still here and in dry dock in portsmouth,, the bad is that the ship is still here and in dry dock in portsmouth?????? do you follow the drawings or the remade ship at portsmouth, follow the drawings and you end up with a different ship?? build it like the one in portsmouth and you end up with a copy of a copy although thats the one everyone knows ??? so your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont. all the same Chris great job

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:48 PM, hollowneck said:

It's always fun to speculate on what's happening in new products with the foremost high-end European model ship kit manufacturer: here's mine.

I believe the ideal timing for Amati to release their 1:64 Victory will be next spring, possibly even later in 2017. It's likely that the content is more or less "ready-to-go" (including the shipping boxes and printing). However, if it isn't, by next year all the laser and P/E work should be completed. AFterall, Chris' prototype was amazingly aggressive in the sheer number of components and additional high-end detail. The model's instruction book and (extensive) plans (likely around 24-28 large prints) are likely completed (assuming Chris finished these up late last year).

My reason for this opinion on (delayed introduction) timing? Exhibit #1: We all know that this kit is going to be mucho dinero.

My best guess for a retail price (at today's currency rates): $1,200-1,400. We also know that Europe is still in crises of various sorts and the euro is steadily dropping against the world's reserve currency. My sense is that the euro will be at parity with the USD right after our Fall election cycle in the U.S. - and when the U.K.'s Brexit specifics are made clearer. There are other extenuating political instabilities to consider but we'll put these on another burner for now.

In other words, like many things in the world we are witnessing, business survival is as much about politics and relevant repercussions as it is about pure business reasoning and careful management.

As a retired businessman, It would make a lot of sense to me for Amati to plug this product into their growing Victory Models line-up but not until the international market improves and develops. The Revenge kit has been a success and it was hurried to market - but, it is only a $400 Kit. I suspect the high-end market WILL ACCEPT a $1K (USD) kit; but - a $1,200- 1,400 one - I'm not so convinced. A 10-15% drop in the value of the euro would put the Vic at right about $1,000 USD. The Sweet Spot. If I were Mr. Amati, I'd hold out for this inevitability. Also, don't forget that for most of Amati's customers, one needs to add about 20% to any street price to cover VAT (which is another reason I think the US market is an important one for Amati).

Does any of this speculation make sense to anyone else on the forum? I'd love to hear facts, like an announcement of when a launch is planned. But when facts are scarce, customers are entitled to speculate! B)

Ron

Dont agree Ron
If John at caldercraft is to be beleived they are selling between 20 and 30 Victories a MONTH at around 1000 USD. 850 UKP and 920 Euros.
This Victory of Chris's is far bigger and as such even if its the same quality will be 15-20% worth more and will get it.
I am building a Caldercraft one and would have waited for a 1/64th model as the detail you can get into things like the Gun Carriages will be more impressive
Just look at C Nepean Longridges 1:48 scale model (The Anatomy of Nelson's Ships to see what a difference size makes 

Must admit SElling it in two set would be agreat help (A bit like to original Billings kits 40 years ago) but unlikely to happen

A bit of an American-centred view of the world, I think, Ron. The Euro may be falling against the Dollar, but, within the Eurozone there is no change. Why would you sell nothing to a market of 500 million while you are waiting for the exchange rate with a market of 300 million to turn in your favour? It doesn't make sense.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, chris watton said:

Thank you - there was a time when I thought I'd never finish Victory, was beginning to give me nightmares!

I did actually weigh the Victory model when at Amati. I believe it came in at around 8kg. I thought it would be heavier. This was the completed model, without the superfluous material (and plans and instructions) that comes with the kit, so perhaps the actual kit box would weigh well over 14kg.

Not as heavy as theCaldercraft Victory But there is a lot of waste Material in the Box
CANT WEIGHT!!

On 7/21/2016 at 3:48 PM, hollowneck said:

AFterall, Chris' prototype was amazingly aggressive in the sheer number of components and additional high-end detail. The model's instruction book and (extensive) plans (likely around 24-28 large prints) are likely completed (assuming Chris finished these up late last year).

It still to be seen if Amati will release the kit exactly as Chris built the prototype, or if they will cut corners to lower the price. (most likely IMO):(:angry:

Any news on the development of this kit??? I'll be ready to buy in about one month! :):):)

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Hi. I was recently in an conversation with Amati and i can tell you they wont release the victory for a long time. Im guessing years. They had multiple other ships to be released before the victory. 

I was advised to not wait and rather find another build that takes years to build.

Thats why im guessing it wont be released this year at all. I dont think there is any chance of it being released in 2018 too. The answer they gave me was pretty clear. But it would be nicer if they could have given us an estimate tho.

Its almost like an Area 51 secret. Watton have probably been killed because he knew too much. Its also best if anyone who read this should erase all digital tracks for your own safety. Amatis men in black might be at your door already.  

Just kidding, but i dont really understand why it needs to be kept such a secret since we all know its pretty much done already. Why cant they just give us some good information?

Well that is sad bad news indeed. I was hoping it would be released this year. Guess will have to think in some other project! :(

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Hey Howya goin Ulises Victoria mate, have you thought about scratch building her?

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Hey Howya goin Ulises Victoria mate, have you thought about scratch building her?

No Eddie... it is a big challenge and I have never done any SB. I would have to start with something simpler to learn to Scratchbuild, but I am 68 Y/O and still have the Sovereign of the Seas and Soleil Royal to build. I may not have enough life, steady hand or sharp eyes to do all that. :P

Ulises Victoria mate, I have heard that the Jotika/CalderCraft 1:72 is the best kit so far out there.

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

5 hours ago, zoly99sask said:

JotiKa is 1/72

Hey howya goin Zoltan mate, thanks mate I changed it to 1:72.  :bird-vi:

Hey Eddie: Yes... I am aware that Caldercraft's is of the highest quality, but I still want to build the 1/64. I already have a 1/100 Heller (plastic) Victory which I improved with parts from a 1/98 Corel that I never finished ( long story here about undertaking an advanced model as first project) so I don't want that many Victorys, even considering that to me, Victory is THE ship.

Guess I will continue buiding ships in my wish list hoping that sometime the 1/64 kit will be released. :)

Frankberge:

Thanks for the info even if it was sad. Now I can put off saving for the home addition I would need to display it^_^. I was in Stavanger several decades ago. Charming and beautiful place. Remember you could have reindeer about a dozen ways when you went to a restaurant.

Ulises:

Sorry you will be disappointed (for now). Was looking forward to following your lead on the build:(

Sounds like some evil marketer is the problem

Best

Jaxboat

On 4/16/2017 at 6:49 PM, Ulises Victoria said:

No Eddie... it is a big challenge and I have never done any SB. I would have to start with something simpler to learn to Scratchbuild, but I am 68 Y/O and still have the Sovereign of the Seas and Soleil Royal to build. I may not have enough life, steady hand or sharp eyes to do all that. :P

Go the other direction! I have a couple of his 1/300 frigates, very nice little kits.

1/300 Langton HMS Victory

Victory%20019.JPG

Victory%20010.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

this was posted a page or two back..........

Hi. I was recently in an conversation with Amati and i can tell you they wont release the victory for a long time. Im guessing years. They had multiple other ships to be released before the victory. 

I was advised to not wait and rather find another build that takes years to build.

Thats why im guessing it wont be released this year at all. I dont think there is any chance of it being released in 2018 too. The answer they gave me was pretty clear. But it would be nicer if they could have given us an estimate tho.give us some good information?

If there is a kit I am anxiously awaiting, is this one!!!

• 3 months later...
On 31/10/2017 at 8:56 AM, Richardjjs said:

Has anybody got some decent pictures of the TOP of Victory's quarter gallery I suppose its the Roof. Also the Quarter Gallery Itself

Also waiting Amati Victory

THanks

have a look at daffi's or gils log

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...