yvesvidal

Amati and Chris Watton

730 posts in this topic

all i found on the roman warship was a video with no specs. or information.......guess it is another not out yet kit.......

i feel sorry for chris...so much heart and soul in what he does....sure must be frustrating....

mtaylor, Eddie, zoly99sask and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Hey Howya goin Ulises Victoria mate, have you thought about scratch building her?

No Eddie... it is a big challenge and I have never done any SB. I would have to start with something simpler to learn to Scratchbuild, but I am 68 Y/O and still have the Sovereign of the Seas and Soleil Royal to build. I may not have enough life, steady hand or sharp eyes to do all that. :P

Eddie, Sjors, Canute and 2 others like this

Ulises Victoria mate, I have heard that the Jotika/CalderCraft 1:72 is the best kit so far out there.

Jaxboat, Canute, mtaylor and 1 other like this

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Ulises Victoria mate, I have heard that the Jotika/CalderCraft 1:64 is the best kit so far out there.

JotiKa is 1/72

mtaylor, Eddie and Canute like this

5 hours ago, zoly99sask said:

JotiKa is 1/72

Hey howya goin Zoltan mate, thanks mate I changed it to 1:72.  :bird-vi:

Canute, mtaylor and zoly99sask like this

Hey Eddie: Yes... I am aware that Caldercraft's is of the highest quality, but I still want to build the 1/64. I already have a 1/100 Heller (plastic) Victory which I improved with parts from a 1/98 Corel that I never finished ( long story here about undertaking an advanced model as first project) so I don't want that many Victorys, even considering that to me, Victory is THE ship.

Guess I will continue buiding ships in my wish list hoping that sometime the 1/64 kit will be released. :)

Frankberge:

Thanks for the info even if it was sad. Now I can put off saving for the home addition I would need to display it^_^. I was in Stavanger several decades ago. Charming and beautiful place. Remember you could have reindeer about a dozen ways when you went to a restaurant.

Ulises:

Sorry you will be disappointed (for now). Was looking forward to following your lead on the build:(

Sounds like some evil marketer is the problem

Best

Jaxboat

Canute, mtaylor, Eddie and 1 other like this

On 4/16/2017 at 6:49 PM, Ulises Victoria said:

No Eddie... it is a big challenge and I have never done any SB. I would have to start with something simpler to learn to Scratchbuild, but I am 68 Y/O and still have the Sovereign of the Seas and Soleil Royal to build. I may not have enough life, steady hand or sharp eyes to do all that. :P

Go the other direction! I have a couple of his 1/300 frigates, very nice little kits.

1/300 Langton HMS Victory

Victory%20019.JPG

Victory%20010.JPG

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2013 at 11:18 PM, freewheelinguy said:

Chris got back to me and indicated he would repost once he found the time to do so.  

Can you tell Chris about this new site
Perhaps he would  be willing to post to it
Thanks