H.M.S. Victory, Heller, 1/100, Onward and Upwards.

Izzy Madd

Well,

I've just got my self a nice new set of A2 full scale drawings curtesy of Mr John McKay. All the way from Canada. And they are far superior to the book and being buggier scale it should be better for rigging. And only took four days to get here. That includes the week end.

If you ask nice and promise not to tell anyone I may let you have a little sneak preview :-)

Ongoing builds,

SCutty Sark Revell 1/350 (Mini Nannie)

Cutty Sark Airfix 1/130 (Big Sis)

Will (Everard) Billings 1/65 but with wooden bottom, because I can

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy there,

Whilst I'm getting ahead of my self a little. I thought I'd have a go at making the hammock nets.

Well having woven my own full size fishing net. How hard can it be...

Apart from the fact that at 1mm x 1mm square. The rest I'll leave to you're imagination. Anyway after three reels of thread and twenty attempts, and three repairs to the jig. I've got something that's looking good to me.

post-18378-0-01298000-1436306387_thumb.jpg

post-18378-0-19439600-1436306433_thumb.jpg

Ongoing builds,

I've just been doing a bit of stocktaking and I think I'm in need of either a dockyard, an Admaril or a shop...

As since March I've got three ships under way, one ship sunk with out a trace. Twenty four waiting in line and a potential three more on order...

Any body know where I can get a bigger home.

Ongoing builds,

Ok. I know I a land lubber. And don't know my Red Duster from my elbow. Well alright I know that last one. My elbow hurts more.

But I've just been looking at the signal flags supposedly used on the day. And how is a Numptie like me supposed to know which ones right..

Now an odd discrepancy I can understand but just look at what I got off google...

post-18378-0-80172100-1436815864.jpg

post-18378-0-57230600-1436815875.jpg

post-18378-0-87091400-1436815885.jpg

post-18378-0-79333000-1436815898_thumb.jpg

post-18378-0-34916700-1436815909_thumb.jpg

And as someone who lives almost as far from the sea as is possible in the UK how are they displayed/read. As there are as many pictures of the ordering as there are of Nelson. Give an idiot a chance here someone, please.

Ongoing builds,

Wow.. that is a problem, Izzy.  Which one is the "real" one????  I have no idea but at least you know this is getting read.    I hope you get an answer.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

That sure is a thinker Izzy. It may be one or a combination of all. No one will ever know for sure unless someone invents a time machine. Or can somehow decipher the flags on any of the victory images or photos

Carl

Completed builds: AL Bluenose II 1:75  Gallery
                              Amati Hannah SIB 1:300  Gallery

Current Build: Bluenose II - SIB - unknown scale

Wow.. that is a problem, Izzy. Which one is the "real" one???? I have no idea but at least you know this is getting read. I hope you get an answer.

That sure is a thinker Izzy. It may be one or a combination of all. No one will ever know for sure unless someone invents a time machine. Or can somehow decipher the flags on any of the victory images or photos

Well at least I can now say that if they are wrong it's come from the horses mouth.

As of ten minutes ago the official response from the offices of HMS Victory. And a gentle man by the name of Giles Gould. Confirms that the signal looked like this image he has kindly sent me.

So here is the correct signal of the day.

post-18378-0-79890800-1436869798_thumb.jpg

And this is the very generous gentleman responsible for solving the riddle

post-18378-0-99501700-1436869996.jpg

Edited by Izzy Madd

Ongoing builds,

• 2 weeks later...

So how you coming along with your Victory.

Have you started any work on it yet.

There are blocks that come with the kit, some of those can be used.

Have you taken a look at the Syren blocks, some of these can be of help too.

Thinking on the Gun tackle, the 2mm are just right.

Hope to see some pictures soon lol.

Cheers Frank. :piratebo5:

So how you coming along with your Victory.

Have you started any work on it yet.

There are blocks that come with the kit, some of those can be used.

Have you taken a look at the Syren blocks, some of these can be of help too.

Thinking on the Gun tackle, the 2mm are just right.

Hope to see some pictures soon lol.

Cheers Frank. :piratebo5:

I'm afraid I'm on very strict orders to sort out my store before starting anything at a all. But part of the reason is the fact that I managed to get hold of 4kilos of various block. All wood all mixed. But I've now got enough blocks that are decent quality to kit out half the navy. I must admit I am very eager to start as I've managed to get a source of very accurate info from someone associated with NRG. And it's shows some very big differences. Most of which I'm hopeful of incorporating. I'm not allowed to show any of the images but I'll be sure and state when I've used them. I think they may well raise a few eyebrows and create quite a few comment.

Izzy

Ongoing builds,