Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About gjdale

  • Birthday 11/28/1960

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Canberra, Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

3,272 profile views
  1. My shipyard supervisor, Merlin hard at work. He is two year old rambunctious black Labrador.
  2. Thanks for another excellent video Paul. You have a real knack for explaining and demonstrating techniques - I always learn something from watching these. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise.
  3. Patrick, As a fellow small business owner, I feel for you. Cash flow is king for us and it doesn’t take a lot to stretch our reserves. Add to that the fact that owning your own business is a recipe for slavery.... Still, it has all the advantages and freedoms that no other job can offer. I hope you can weather this little storm and get back into clam waters and smooth sailing soon.
  4. I look forward to following your progress on this one Kevin.
  5. Thanks Lou - yeah, that whole next year thing has me worried..........
  6. You better believe it Kevin! Always in the sh......t - its only the depth that varies! 😉 Actually, that’s not really true - I have a very understanding and supportive wife. She seems to know that allowing me to indulge in tools ultimately will benefit her...... I just hope that when I die, she doesn’t sell all my tools for what I told her I paid for them................
  7. Thanks Sam, The inlay came from Inlay Product World https://www.inlays.com/
  8. I've been occupied outside of the shipyard for a while with "other" projects. The most recent has been this musical jewellery box that I made for my wife's birthday. The musical mechanism plays 'Hedwig's Theme' from Harry Potter, which is one of her favourites. Oh, I didn't do the parquetry myself - just attached and inlaid it. Nevertheless, there is quite a lot of woodwork in this little piece! The box is made from walnut. I gave it to her today and as you can see she has already started to fill it up. It seems to have been a big hit, so I'm out of the dog house for a little while at least...
  9. Looking good David. If you’re worried about paint getting under the edge of your masking tape, try sealing the “wet” edge of the tape with a coat of clear varnish first.
  10. I’ve been experiencing the same problems (and I don’t use windows).
  11. Great to see you back at the bench Patrick, with your lovely model. Welcome home!
  12. I love the Chris Craft boats. Are you going to make this a working RC model?
  13. Outstanding, as always, Rusty. I look forward to following your next project.
  14. Looks pretty good to me B.E. and knowing your attention to detail, I suspect you will be dissatisfied if you decide NOT to do the other 11 guns. So best you get back to it!!!😉😄😄😄

About us

Modelshipworld - Advancing Ship Modeling through Research

SSL Secured

Your security is important for us so this Website is SSL-Secured

NRG Mailing Address

Nautical Research Guild
237 South Lincoln Street
Westmont IL, 60559-1917

About the NRG

If you enjoy building ship models that are historically accurate as well as beautiful, then The Nautical Research Guild (NRG) is just right for you.

The Guild is a non-profit educational organization whose mission is to provide support to our members in their efforts to raise the quality of their model shipcraft.

The Nautical Research Guild puts on ship modeling seminars, yearly conferences, and juried competitions. We publish books on ship modeling techniques as well as our world-renowned quarterly magazine, The Nautical Research Journal, whose pages are full of articles by master ship modelers who show you how they build those exquisite details on their models, and by maritime historians who show you what details to build.

Our Emblem

Modelshipworld - Advancing Ship Modeling through Research
  • Create New...