Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About KingDavid

  • Birthday 02/18/1979

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
  • Interests
    traveling, hiking, music , books, reading, woodworking, wood restoration& curving, ship modeling

Recent Profile Visitors

1,099 profile views
  1. Brilliant job! you have a great touch for detailes! i already have the 'pegasus' on the shelf, so in the mean time i'm trying to learn as much as possibile from builders like you... how did you manage to cut the deck planking so precisely?
  2. welcome! this forum is the right place for you! David
  3. So would you recommend to stick to PVA or Aliphatic Resin when second planking is concerned or would you use CA instead? i am currently thorn between the two options... I know many recommend the PVA since it's better with wood to wood surfaces, and it is also reversible ..but the CA gives a very strong and clean result It's downsides to me is that it terrible when it touch's your skin and also some stress when applying since when it cures/hardens there is no way back so every plank etc needs to be 100% in its position...hard to decide...
  4. Welcome to MSW ... good luck with your first build, i am sure you are going to enjoy it!
  5. I felt a real sense of pride when i managed to finish the first planking, it is a kind of wood which surrenders easily, but as can be easily seen in the photos, there were still many gaps and some problems which i decided to solve with some filler stucco which proved to be a really good one. i sanded the hull felt really good, the future looked bright ahead- until i started the next phase-the second planking and things started to get more difficult. now that the first planking or the 'skin' was in place according to Mr Leon from modelers shipyard each plank is tapered at the pint where the bow
  6. Hello again Excuse me again for the sudden intervals-sign of the times I would like to post now the rest of my build log. as you can see on my last photo i arrived to a the point where i managed to glue the gun port strips in place and well aligned as well as as theinner counter frams that eventually are supposed to be atached to the transom. but right there i encountered a problem that repeats itself in this model-something is wrong with the size and shape of the inner counter frames, and they are shorter then they should be. so i then realised that its maybe better to leave to a la
  7. Before attaching the false deck into place i left an opening, a well underneath the main hatch, i saw this practice in several posts and decided that a more authentic appearence rather then just the usual blocked one. when i glued the false deck i made sure to follow the shear and the various curves.. at that stage eventhough i mostly followed the instructions i noticed that some modelers prefare to leave the attachment of the true keel to a later stage, say after the planking, to avoid demage, i couldn't see a way out of it, since the upper bulwarks are suppose to be inserted and fixed
  8. Hello all, so right after completing the somewhat complicated work in curving, sculpting and ultimatley fitting each balsa block (it turned out to be really a guessing game in order to find the real curves and lines) i was dissapointed to find that i wraped the keel sometime through the built..i discovered it when i tried put the false deck and i noticed that it is somewhat off...it wasn't too bad though, so i choped just a little bit of the dent that suppose to be inserted and hold the bow section of the true keel and just guled it in place, thinking my problems are over i put it aside
  9. Hello fellow modelers, Please excuse me for my disappearance, i just noticed that it's been awhole month since i last posted, i was really distructed by the covid-19 events and the difficult circumstances that followed, Hoping things are getting a little better now, i decided to resume my blog, i will upload a sequence of photos i made during the built starting in 1/2018, at that point i since this ws my first built, i started following the plans/drowings but soon discovered vossiewulf wonderful lady nelson blog and started to watch closely on every step and move that he made and
  10. Hello Davy, yes it did look terrible so i finally decided to take the whole thing of , and do it all over again,but now in a correct way.... i will try to follow your recommendation of how to do it right from the begining but if there is some kind of a drowing somewhere that shows the whole process of siezing the shrouds that will be the best for me , hard for me just to follow instructions.... btw many thanks for the books recommendation, i took a note of those two books, looks like it's essential , i will consider buying after the covid-19 is over... David
  11. Thanks Dave, now i have a scale as a referance...it seems then that i made a big mistake here calculated the spacing as 2.5 cm ....maybe i will have to do it all over again thanks David
  • Create New...